It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Abandon Us?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

I tend to show my sterner side to stimuli that come across as haughty, foolishly omniscient, obnoxiously contrarian etc.

I may somewhat speak the language of such in response.

I may tweak or ignore.

They usually don't get my peaches and cream side.

I got weary of folks starting out for my jugular first thing long ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

originally posted by: pthena
from Rachele Lynae?

Can't watch the embedded video for some reason, but here's the lyrics link anyway.
words-in-red-lyrics-rachele-lynae

I liked those lyrics, Pthena. A lot. Thank you.

Pthena, look up "Brooks and Dunn, " Believe "..…..that was the song I was thinking of. Yours was good, too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Okay,

I think I saw several youtube links for that.

edit on 20-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I tend to show my sterner side to stimuli that come across as haughty, foolishly omniscient, obnoxiously contrarian etc.

I may somewhat speak the language of such in response.

I may tweak or ignore.

They usually don't get my peaches and cream side.

I got weary of folks starting out for my jugular first thing long ago.

It's ok...I forgive you. I'm also sorry for "going for your jugular".
edit on 20-7-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Okay,

I think I saw several youtube links for that.

You ROCK, Pthena, lol. I don't know how to imbed videos. Just listened to it. Made me cry...again.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

When you write a post, the editor has a youtube icon 1 in from far right.
Click the icon and paste the youtube number only.

youtube.com/watch?v=IUsyHVjacJ0
copy IUsyHVjacJ0 part only

This is a sentimental song.
I only like it for the image of sparrows in a hurricane,

the rest doesn't apply
so I don't cry.

edit on 20-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

When you say we have abandoned everything natural, can you give an example? I believe nature is constantly evolving regardless of what we do, some for the best some for the worst. Why generalize the evolution of science and technology with such a negative rationale that its corrupted synthetic alternatives. Are you aware of all the great things these synthetic alternatives have allowed for?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

When you write a post, the editor has a youtube icon 1 in from far right.
Click the icon and paste the youtube number only.

youtube.com/watch?v=IUsyHVjacJ0
copy IUsyHVjacJ0 part only

This is a sentimental song.
I only like it for the image of sparrows in a hurricane,

the rest doesn't apply
so I don't cry.

You always make me laugh, lol. Maybe I just like "quirky".

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Question for all the fundamental Christians on here....what do you say about those who have BEEN Christians (many for decades) and after actually digging and researching the whole religion, realized that it was filled with contradictions (which you can actually find in the Bible if you dare to), filled with deception, and WALKED away from it all.
Some of us have actually experienced ALL of what it teaches, in regards to being filled with the Spirit, miracles occurring, hearing God speak to them. YET....they still become disgusted with much of what is in the Bible and with Christianity.
How do you explain that???

Simple..... you lost what little faith you had in God.

Not hard to figure out.......

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have a question for anyone who wants to answer. What does real love look like to you?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Sacrificial servant-heartedness--particularly without expecting anything in return.

Thanks for your forgiveness.

I repent/apologize for unwarranted prickliness/defensiveness.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Question for all the fundamental Christians on here....what do you say about those who have BEEN Christians (many for decades) and after actually digging and researching the whole religion, realized that it was filled with contradictions (which you can actually find in the Bible if you dare to), filled with deception, and WALKED away from it all.
Some of us have actually experienced ALL of what it teaches, in regards to being filled with the Spirit, miracles occurring, hearing God speak to them. YET....they still become disgusted with much of what is in the Bible and with Christianity.

No, I didn't...but, let me ask you something....WHY do you think what I had was of "little faith"? I wasn't...in case you're wondering. But, the funny thing is.. not one of the "fundamentalists" on here has asked "why"? Funny that. I get "shamed and blamed" and labeled a heretic. Not only that, but not one of you asked anything about my life, story, or why I got to this place. And now...I'm going to watch a movie with my kiddo's, and go to bed.
Oh, and if you'd been paying attention... I haven't lost my faith in God. I see Him in Jesus. But, I've already said, there are TWO voices in the Bible...one GOOD, one EVIL. Can you figure out which is which?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Sacrificial servant-heartedness--particularly without expecting anything in return.

Thanks for your forgiveness.

I repent/apologize for unwarranted prickliness/defensiveness.

Thank you. I was being a jerk, too. No excuses. I appreciate your apology.
Take care.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
double post
edit on 20-7-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No, I didn't...but, let me ask you something....WHY do you think what I had was of "little faith"? I wasn't...in case you're wondering. But, the funny thing is.. not one of the "fundamentalists" on here has asked "why"? Funny that. I get "shamed and blamed" and labeled a heretic. Not only that, but not one of you asked anything about my life, story, or why I got to this place. And now...I'm going to watch a movie with my kiddo's, and go to bed.
Oh, and if you'd been paying attention... I haven't lost my faith in God. I see Him in Jesus. But, I've already said, there are TWO voices in the Bible...one GOOD, one EVIL. Can you figure out which is which?

Go watch your movie.......

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Go watch your movie.......

Ok. Maybe you'll care tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster
I read the first page and jumped to the last and saw much had been written. Read through it all only to see the same ol' same ol'.

In that time an idea came to mind, maybe the experience was just a message from you to you. Maybe you were just telling yourself, just a possibility, that the idea of god held by most religions is outdated or outlived?

That wouldn't mean that god does or doesn't exist, just that you, despite "leaning towards faith" are not convinced by the popular takes on the subject.

edit on 21-7-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
I have some issues with the traditional idea of a God.

The main one being that "he" allows so much suffering of people he claims to "love". How could a loving God let babies and children starve to death on a daily basis? How can he stand the suffering, if he loves them so much?

The other problem I have is that we were "created" with all of this human nature stuff, much of it being off limits, and if we even entertain the idea, of whatever "sin" is tempting us, we could be punished for the very thought alone. Why create us that way? Why set us up for failure from the get go? Why set it up so that we have to run to him for forgiveness, for things that he ingrained in us, during our creation, on such a frequent basis?

Were we abandoned? Maybe... But what would be the point? Just leaving his experiment to run amok? Wouldn't an all powerful God have a better handle on the situation?

And, no, I'm not an atheist, just for the record.

I thought you were a pantheist. There is no need for god. god is nothing more than an inherent desire to be unique, to us. *I* am special, therefore GOD made me. no.. we're a plague, a thing created out of the soup of life, destined to perish. a fungus on the planet.

It is good to see your thoughts again Daryllyn.

This universe creates everything. from rainbows to supernovas.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I have a question for anyone who wants to answer. What does real love look like to you?

what is real love? what is real beauty? what is real truth, or real justice? these concepts are still very young, younger than the infantile species that produced them. love is in the minds of those who share it, just as beauty is in the minds of the people who flaunt it, or justice is in the minds of those who seek it. thousands will go unavenged, but those who got their due will rest in peace. thousands will suffer from disease and starvation, but those who have their fantastic taste in fashion will smile smugly and chirp away at their luncheons. thousands will die alone and forgotten, but those who have found their missing halves will sleep warm and snug in each others embrace.

and the earth continues to turn...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

what is real love? what is real beauty? what is real truth, or real justice? these concepts are still very young, younger than the infantile species that produced them. love is in the minds of those who share it, just as beauty is in the minds of the people who flaunt it, or justice is in the minds of those who seek it. thousands will go unavenged, but those who got their due will rest in peace. thousands will suffer from disease and starvation, but those who have their fantastic taste in fashion will smile smugly and chirp away at their luncheons. thousands will die alone and forgotten, but those who have found their missing halves will sleep warm and snug in each others embrace.

and the earth continues to turn...

Yea, I know...this world is so not fair. But, there are good people in it (and they don't have to be "Christians"). I think love is treating ALL sentient beings with as much kindness as possible (which includes animals).
Some people may not deserve it. Even then, we should strive to be kind. Some deserve no mercy. I don't think that those who strive to be merciful, deserve no mercy. As I don't think that someone should be punished for not believing a certain way. There are many people who love, who are kind, who do their best to be good....and may not even know Jesus. But, their actions speak louder than doctrine. I just think that sociopaths, ruthless people, killers, etc. Or those who enjoy hurting people and animals should be held accountable. But hey, that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join