It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church is everywhere and anywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hi, sometimes I return to roots in the catholic faith and pray to the saints.
When feeling threatened in my mind by things unknown, I put my faith in Christ and his
Brides in heaven.
His bride, humanity... the branches of faith as the church.
Mathew 18:20

20;For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them.

Yes, cherry picked from the purest of pure... church is anywhere in my mind.
source
I trust the lord to keep me safe in the gutters of rich peoples minds, and will continue with my work.
If a man wants to threaten me, I am safe in knowing I love Christ and have no fear of death.
Wherever whenever... have no fear,
That is what faith can do for one.
I walk through barrio's in the dead of night and that is because of Christ... and a strong will to fight for my right to live, without threats.
Thank you for reading.
Be safe, with love.

Agnes, 304, AD

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I have to say I never relly understood Catholicism, but it is an interesting faith. Whatever you believe, as long as it brings you peace and light, then I think it is good.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus thanks, I feel safer in just believing in Christ on the cross, which seems fairly common in most Christian branches...although I don't know everything. Root work is close to Catholic/Christian faith... yet looked down upon often by calling out heresy or what not..my catholic dad, called my loved one that because of differing branches of faith in Christ.
Yes, the light is important to find comfort in, in'm in agreement.... thanks for the thoughtful reply.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I am from the same view
Why go to a Saint when you can go to God, through His son Jesus

If you have a personal relationship, if you seek, if you have, cool.
I have no fear either, welcoming the end

"Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done"

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RaggedymanI understand going straight to Jesus to get to God, exactly..it is that the saints made it to safety in Christ and are recognized, thusly... not worshipped, merely appreciated and used as a guide in their stories to bring faith and trust in Jesus... to folks in need of storytelling, instead of fear tactics... for guidance.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
I understand going straight to Jesus to get to God, exactly..it is that the saints made it to safety in Christ and are recognized, thusly... not worshipped, merely appreciated and used as a guide in their stories to bring faith and trust in Jesus... to folks in need of storytelling, instead of fear tactics... for guidance.

edit on 18-7-2016 by peppycat because: space...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"Pick up a stone and I am there..."

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Someone had to do it...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Provide a technique. If christians provide a simple, realistic technique, i will practice it.

Thats the problem with all religions. Non-stop talk about this or that.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12 the technique is called, Bibliomancy
Ask a question and then cherry pick a verse... from random page.
edit on 18-7-2016 by peppycat because: technique

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Interesting.

Jesus was against physical chruches as far as i am aware, so the idea of any where churhes is more with his way of thinking.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Jesus was against physical chruches as far as i am aware, so the idea of any where churhes is more with his way of thinking.

its believed Jesus said that the temple would be destroyed and rebuilt in 3 days.

The temple, (The body of Christ) was destroyed and rebuilt (resurrected)

So ones Church or temple is their body.

Keep it pure, keep your thoughts pure.

The temple goes with you anywhere you go

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yes, it's not about fear of hell. It's about knowing that God has your back. It gives you peace and the strength to tackle things that might daunt others. You know whatever comes He's with you. The only fear I have the manner of dying. Let's be plain: there are some nasty ones out there. But death itself? Oh well, that's not the end.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko that is a fear I struggle with, many do, I'm sure of.
There are practitioners of dark arts that can mess with a soul and manner of death is crucial at some points in passing over into the next life... all I wish is for in my daily battles is a little respect...I may have been mean during this world and strive to be kind.
So weather I end up a thousand or more times through Buddha's hell, threatened with my life...I will cling to... the teachings of Christ and the truth of the cross, that my sins have been washed clean in the blood of Christ... as I was taught..it is his will to judge the annihilation of my name, soul or happy spirit.
What is my death to question him?
Just, rambling about the night terrors that my meds don't really help with.
Perhaps when I die, I will just be a flea, hated by humans and killed over and over...draining my dear cats blood...
Thanks for the reply, hope I'm not draining you too.
Be well, take care and may the weather be calm and even temperature... with soft breezes and fair clouds.
Peace to you and yours!😇😇😇

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If you were to ask me "is this a good attitude '' I would have to say, yes.

Christ is a good role model and prayers go where they go. I don't pray in words, I go blank. And the rest of the time I am praying. I can't lie I don't have a perfect mind and might think different when I am angry or sad.

But if a prayer can be heard in your mind then every thought is heard. Every thought is a conversation with God.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ZoeEleutheriaI don't disagree with you. Sometimes I write prayers down too or my prayer is no ones business and my mind is blank, yet actions are clear.
No deity in my mind is above Christ, however they hold a place in the thoughts as archetypes for learning as well...this is me drifting off topic a bit... the argument of old testament laws vs new testament covenant with Christ.
False idols/art work and how angry it makes some people that imagery is against the first ten commandments and they fight back as though there aren't a ton of commandments concerning slaves/other things after the ten. My bible got up and walked out... so I do not have a reference, currently.
Personally when I'm angry, I can't think or speak correctly...sometimes this leads to my battle with violence/holding back, I mean... or swearing. This is usually because according to (some, not all) family and other folks, in'm supposed to be stupid and not understand subtle slights and the like, when their tone and expressions are setting me off to explode somewhere down the line.
I'm sure there are a ton of bible references your post brings to mind, in'm still too upset about someone belittling me for using them from months ago.
Thanks for replying and reading this thread.
Hope I made sense.😊
Thank you, again for your post.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Provide a technique. If christians provide a simple, realistic technique, i will practice it.

Thats the problem with all religions. Non-stop talk about this or that.

Read Matthew I believe it is. Don't have my Bible with me. But Jesus plainly states how to worship. And how to live a good life. It's pretty easy. Also I don't recall where I read this but it seems he also denounced a building of stone and wood to worship in. That he was it the trees the air all around. I recall it was supposedly a banned gospel in the Bible. Makes sense, couldn't have the Catholic Church with Christ saying not to worship in such places.

new topics

top topics

join