It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Wall Street Feels About Clinton Adopting More of Sanders’ Policies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What is most troubling to financial market participants is that Clinton’s primary battle with Bernie Sanders has forced her to lean more heavily to the left than Wall Street finds comfortable. Perhaps the largest impact of Sanders on Clinton’s positioning has been on global trade. Clinton entered the race as a staunch supporter of free trade and has since been forced to adopt Sanders’ stance opposing the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Ironically, this is one of the few areas in which Clinton and Trump now seemingly agree.

The strong campaign run by Sanders has also forced Clinton to show support for free college tuition at state colleges and universities for those from families below top-income earners. While such a proposal is unlikely to pass muster if Republicans hang on to the House and Senate, sweeping additions to already-burdensome entitlement programs give market watchers significant heartburn.

While Clinton has taken a left-hand turn in recent weeks, the markets are hopeful that she’ll take a page from her husband’s playbook and campaign from the left and govern from the middle.

LINK

While Clinton has taken a left-hand turn in recent weeks, the markets are hopeful that she’ll take a page from her husband’s playbook and campaign from the left and govern from the middle.

The fact tactics such as that keep working says a lot about how stupid people are.

Will the changes that Clinton has made in her campaign be enough to convince Sanders supporters to vote for her? In my experience, idealists (such as Sanders supporters) are rarely willing to negotiate. Half way is almost never enough for such people.

Who is Clinton fooling by claiming she opposes the TPP?

45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes
edit on 17-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Are you suggesting Hilary is a liar and is only saying what people want to hear for her own political gain?! I am pretty sure that is exactly what is happening.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hillary clinton is hillary rotten clinton. She will never be bernie sanders.

My vote is going to trump. Sorry. But when bernie sanders gave up, i gave up. Trump has my vote.

I have already removed myself from all ties to that rotten political party and shifted over to the green party. May this be the beginning of the end for the democratic party.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Most people working on Wall Street favor left wing policies, they're not competitively viable though unless the law forces everyone to do them. That's why no one voluntarily does it.

Most people investing in Wall Street favor right wing policies.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
She will say or do literally anything to win this election. Once elected, she'll do what she has always done.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Will the changes that Clinton has made in her campaign be enough to convince Sanders supporters to vote for her? In my experience, idealists (such as Sanders supporters) are rarely willing to negotiate. Half way is almost never enough for such people.

Trump already convinced me to vote for Clinton.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. That this is the norm is a scathing indictment of the people and their apathy. In a society run by actual grown ups no politician would get away with blatantly lying like this but it seems this is largely accepted and even expected. Shameful..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

There are plenty of former Sanders supporters on here alone trying to convince themselves to vote for Clinton. And the logic and reasoning that they use baffles the mind.

My gf is the same way. Her reason was because, although she can't stand the idea of a Clinton presidency, she doesn't want our state to go red again.

Ironically, all her political values align more with Johnson than Clump. By her own admission. It's just a vengeance vote in her mind, even though if enough people put their 'anti' style of politics aside and voted Johnson, our state would go neither red nor blue. And that's a way bigger middle finger IMHO.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

There are plenty of former Sanders supporters on here alone trying to convince themselves to vote for Clinton. And the logic and reasoning that they use baffles the mind.

My gf is the same way. Her reason was because, although she can't stand the idea of a Clinton presidency, she doesn't want our state to go red again.

Ironically, all her political values align more with Johnson than Clump. By her own admission. It's just a vengeance vote in her mind, even though if enough people put their 'anti' style of politics aside and voted Johnson, our state would go neither red nor blue. And that's a way bigger middle finger IMHO.

I 100% agree. I'm voting Jill Stein, but I also encourage people to vote for Johnson. If you're tired of watching the candidates get worse and worse, stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils and start voting for someone you ACTUALLY want. Who cares if they probably won't win? We'll never actually know if trump or Clinton will # up this country worse or faster, but we definitely know they both will # it up. If we start voting for better candidates NOW regardless of the fake choices presented to us, we will actually have a chance of electing a decent candidate to fix the mess in 4 years. THIRD PARTIES NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!!!!! Also, Lincoln was a 3rd party candidate.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

I 100% agree. I'm voting Jill Stein, but I also encourage people to vote for Johnson. If you're tired of watching the candidates get worse and worse, stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils and start voting for someone you ACTUALLY want. Who cares if they probably won't win? We'll never actually know if trump or Clinton will # up this country worse or faster, but we definitely know they both will # it up. If we start voting for better candidates NOW regardless of the fake choices presented to us, we will actually have a chance of electing a decent candidate to fix the mess in 4 years. THIRD PARTIES NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!!!!! Also, Lincoln was a 3rd party candidate.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Of course it's just pandering she will be closer to Bill in policy. After all she has her tentacles deep into the whole damn system, literally. She will not benefit if she follows Bernie's concerns. Which means TPP and banker support alike.

join