It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untidy Beds May Keep Us Healthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Don�t make your bed in the morning. It�s better for your health to leave it unmade. Scientists have discovered that leaving it unmade kills mites.

Failing to make your bed in the morning may actually help keep you healthy, scientists believe.

"Something as simple as leaving a bed unmade during the day can remove moisture from the sheets and mattress so the mites will dehydrate and eventually die."

In the next stage of their research, the scientists are putting mite pockets into beds in 36 houses around the United Kingdom to test their computer model and will investigate how people's daily routines affect mite populations.

Building features such as heating, ventilation and insulation will also be altered to monitor how the mites cope.

...Or maybe they just put the bugs here and there through the ventilation system to randomly chosen people... Who wants to volunteer to this anyway?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Boy oh boy, at least the mite population will dwindle on my side of the bed. I absolutely hate making the bed.

Seriously though, do mites really cause poor health in us humans? I thought we had these little buggers on us all the time?

apc

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I sold vacuums for a period of time and its pretty easy convincing people that dust mites are the most horrid disgusting thing on the face of the earth, and they will practically give you AIDS.
but uhm... they themselves arent all that bad, but their feces can cause problems.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hellmutt, you have made my day. I'm emailing this article to my mother, along with a single comment:

"I told you so!"

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
do mites really cause poor health in us humans? I thought we had these little buggers on us all the time?

They cause Asthma and allergy...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If you�re allergic or got asthma, blame it on your mothers...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That's twice I've seen an ugly dust mite picture unexpectedly in 24 hours. Once more and I will seek the deep underlying symbolism.

Anyway... these days there is a rationalization for any human action or inaction. That is wonderful for freedom of (or is it freedom from) choice.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That's twice I've seen an ugly dust mite picture unexpectedly in 24 hours. Once more and I will seek the deep underlying symbolism.

Here you go

top topics

join