It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is he thinking?!?!?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
rad, I will take any job I can get, why I have applied at places I consider satan, like a sewing shop, a saloon, McDonalds. Taco Bell, Wal-Mart, Used Car Lot, AutoZone, and Freeway Plaza are also places I wouldn't have though of applying at unless I was completely desperate. Guess what? WHat jobs don't Americans want? Dishwasher? Great job, maybe 30 years ago hellish, but nowadays there are dishwasher machines, load them up, done.(except for some plates, glasses, and silverware during work hours to make sure there are enough for customers) Not that bad. Or picking fruit, again, been there, done that, was fine. May not have been a day at the beach, but work is suppose to be work.

Iswear, maybe ass kissing is a job no one wants, except for Rice, Donald, and the other Bush bitches not forced to resign cause they wouldn't worship the ground Bush walked on. Know a way to end unemployment? Get rid of all the illegals. If they here legally, good, not here legally ship them back, or to Africa, show them that Mexico/China/Cuba aren't that bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was a dishwasher, myself, long ago and far away when I was a professional slacker.
It wasn't bad at all. Got free food & alcohol (sometimes), could crank up my box and jam out, even got weekends off to go down to Charleston (beach) if I brought my Hong Kong bosses back a bushel of live crabs. Not bad.

I also lived/worked on a large horse farm for over a year once. Normally Mexicans had the job, but it was me and a black guy. I loved it, man. It was beautiful, wide open spaces, thoroughbred horses, great, fun people alla way around. I still miss it, tho it was backbreaking work (6 days a wk, sun-up to sundown). There's something good about hard work. You'll never understand it till ya get in there and do it. I was in kickazz shape, too. We left and the Mexicans took over the jobs again.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I guess that Bush figures if they are going to work anyway then why not tax the hell out of them like the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
That makes no sense!! They're illegal! Pick 'em up and deport them! I don't mean to sound like an Ayehole, I just think we should enforce the law! Otherwise, we shouldn't bother enforcing or adhering to any of them! Why are ILLEGALS so special?

Maybe b/c there's an agenda, as I mentioned before, to destory the USA from within. Makes more sense than anything else I've heard.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
James the Lesser,

That's great. You can identify what you would do. However, you do not speak for everyone, and in fact, not every one would accept your course of action. I'm not saying all americans will work any job, or that no americans will work a specific job. I am simply saying that some Americans refuse to work in some jobs.

A quick, more interesting example, is that some people would be morbidly opposed to taking a job as an executioner. But why? It would pay the bills, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
I am simply saying that
some Americans refuse to work in some jobs.

Maybe so, but those Americans must not have any mouths to feed or mortgages to pay off. When those things come into play, things look much different. Pride tends to take a backseat to hunger.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

James the Lesser,

I'm not saying all americans will work any job, or that no americans will work a specific job. I am simply saying that some Americans refuse to work in some jobs.

Yes, some Americans are lazy and wont work anything but a cushy job. But the fact is, there are millions of families with out of work parents who would gladly take a 7 dollar an hour job to make ends meet. They cant even get these jobs anymore because the illegal aliens do them for four dollars an hour. Now how is an unemploied parent who would need at least 7 dollars an hour compete with that? The simple fact is this will weaken the avarage American citizen and the rights we have obtained legally.

[edit on 2/3/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm an advocate for the free market, and as such, if that mother can't get a job working for 7/h it is probably because her labor isn't worth that much or there isn't enough for demand for her type of labor. In either case it is up to her to change her trade or work for less.

I think the main fear here is the fear to compete in the job market with Mexicans. I mean, who needs to compete in a capitalistic economy, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think the main fear here is the fear to compete in the job market with Mexicans.

I dont think it is fear of quality labour as you seem to be alluding to. It is the fact that illegal Aliens work for cash, and do it for much less than what an over the table job would pay. How is an American supposed to compete with Illegal aliens who house 12 people in a two bedroom apartment and share the bills between 12 people? That is how they survive here. Not only is it bad for the LEGAL Americans here, it presents a catch 22 that we shouldnt be in in the first place because they shouldnt be here in the first place. If they want to come here and work, then they should have to learn the language, get a green card, and work for a living wage LEGALLY.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What you just presented was what I was observing. The fear of competition against Mexican workers. We probably can't compete with the lifestyles we wish to have. However, whoever said that we should have a certain lifestyle? Perhaps we should learn a skilled trade in order to support a better lifestyle. It's just an idea.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What you just presented was what I was observing. The fear of competition against Mexican workers. We probably can't compete with the lifestyles we wish to have. However, whoever said that we should have a certain lifestyle? Perhaps we should learn a skilled trade in order to support a better lifestyle. It's just an idea.

There are actually more Americans persuing a higher education now then at any other time in the history of the nation. Soon, all the people training for the better jobs will flood the market and drive those wages down as well. I say soon, but I see it within the next 10 to 20 years.

Who ever said we shouldnt be able to live comfortably with one family to a dwelling? Why should we have to start bunching up in a two bedroom apartment and hot rack with 6 other people just because there are illegal aliens coming here and effectivly breaking our economy? What they are doing is illegal. Bush wants to make it legal as a favor to his buddy Fox. There is already one PROVEN avenue that these people can pursue. Why should we provide another way when the immigration policy already allows for them to be here if they pursue the correct and LEGAL path?Americans should be accomodating Americans and making sure we are ok befor giving handouts as a favor.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by cargo
In the state of the union address, Bush talked about a guest worker program for Mexicans to take jobs that Americans dont want to do. Therefore as much as you'd like to blame your government, this is probably your own collective fault.

This was addressed in a previous post. These jobs re jobs that Americans need. It doesnt matter if we want to do them or not. unemployment is rampant amoung the legal citizens. Why are we putting other nations citizens to work when we have LEGAL citizens here who cant find work and would willingly work those jobs. Even if they didnt like them.

I agree with you. And was along the lines of my post. In other countries, unions etc fight for increases in minimum wage, amount of holiday time, and the like. Ive read a lot of Americans on this board claim they are harder working because they have less holidays, well the people of other countries fought long and hard to get their rights in place to allow for their wage increases and holiday periods. You dont ask, you dont get.

If minimum wage was increased, you would see a lot of Americans suddenly seeing more value in these kinds of jobs. And these jobs are very good for keeping some kind of cashflow happening while you are looking into other work or perhaps taking a course to improve your chances of getting a higher paid job.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Executioner? Where do I apply? Work what? once every 3-4months? Of course, I think they use doctors due to the injections and stuff. Old days? Who wants to lop this murderer's head off? Who wants to hang this woman who got the idea she could speak out against her husband? Who wants to start the fire to burn this witch? But I think now they use doctors, like I said, due to injections.

If you don't want to work the job but are complaining you you don't have one, shove it. A job is a job, money is money.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

I think the main fear here is the fear to compete in the job market with Mexicans.

I dont think it is fear of quality labour as you seem to be alluding to. It is the fact that illegal Aliens work for cash, and do it for much less than what an over the table job would pay.

That's exactly right, Kid. My friend has his own house painting bizness and he is constantly undercut by the CHEAP Mexican labor. It's killing him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join