It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else notice how the whole western world accepted a conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"President Recep Erdogan staged the rebellion himself to justify a major clampdown on opposition forces. "

The theory originated when Politico’s European correspondent Ryan Heath said that a Turkish source of his believed that the entire debacle was a staged performance citing the fact that the government was able to communicate with everybody in Turkey via SMS text message and that Erdogan would be able to "clean" the military of secularists and install hardline Islamists in both the judiciary and the armed forces stripping away any constitutional check on the leader.

The biggest news agencies (Reuters & co) spreaded this rumor and it didn't take long before it has made it's way into social media and major news channels. I checked the comments on these news sites and social media and found that many people were supporting this conspiracy, all the top rated comments were confirming this idea.

All this is happening while there is no solid proof of a staged coup. Now I wonder were all these "open-minded" people when the twin towers collapsed in very suspicious circumstances? Building 7 anyone? Reuters gave ear to Politico’s European correspondent Ryan Heath's staged coup rumor but ignored 2200 architects & engineers that crushed the 'official' 9/11 commission report. For years no one in the mainstream media would touch the ‘9/11 truth’ story and present the facts they brought forward.

For a long time, people have been ridiculed for questioning the official story -being called conspiracy theorists, anti-American, crazy and many more
derogatory names. The same people that rediculed other for believing in this conspiracy are now claiming the coup in Turkey is staged by Erdogan?

I'm not confirnming nor denying it was staged but this kind of 'selective open mindedness' really makes me want to puke. This just shows you that they will believe anything as long as it's 'comfortable'.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

People have accepted numerous mainstream conspiracy beliefs.

If it's herald by authority figures, it's usually accepted as truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I await to see how long this "selective open mindedness" lasts. If it becomes the official story, your point is well taken. If, however, it is rejected; it just becomes another conspiracy theory that was briefly entertained by the media and then rejected.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It happens all the time when you live in a country full of Parrots that cannot research things to verify them properly. Half the things said in conversations around here aren't totally correct. Our local news usually is more right about things because they don't comment much on very much other than local stuff which can be verified. The National news follows the news and that covers most of the national stuff.
edit on 17-7-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have not actually seen this theory pushed as fact. If anything, it has been mentioned as a possibility.

However, most media are reporting that the military have attempted to take over multiple times in the past. Turkey has a strong military, and Erdogan has enemies.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's not that I accepted it ... it's more like I don't give a fat baby's ass what happens in that neck of the woods. LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I have not actually seen this theory pushed as fact. If anything, it has been mentioned as a possibility.

Then where was Reuters to report the possibility of an inside job at 9/11? In this case they gave ear to one man's theory but ignored 2200 architects and engineers when 9/11 happened. Please enlighten me

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

Actually, I don't recall Reuters being one that specifically mentioned this? Not that I am sure they didn't. Do you have a link?
I was saying in general, I have seen it mentioned a few times, but have not seen it pushed as fact.

And what does 9/11 have to do with this?

And... I'm not sure why you are saying that I need to prove anything about Reuters? I have often said that MSM spins things for their own purposes. I have just not noticed what the OP is suggesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The media pushes "conspiracies" which help the NWO agenda.

The Turkish coup was an inside job but 9/11 was not.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The whole western world is accepting conspiracies every single day.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The whole western world is accepting conspiracies every single day.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Do you have links showing where Reuters and other MSM pushed this conspiracy?
I have not noticed this.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
you missed my neighbor. she's not buying it
edit on 17-7-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It seems like majority of the world outside the U.S. acknowledge that 9/11 was an inside job. Two reasons why Americans don't accept it as easily:

1. Emotional investments. 9/11 happened so close to home for many. Stubborn Patriots and die hard Warhawks won't entertain the idea that the U.S. Government would do this to its citizens so it HAD to be a foreign threat.

2. Our crooked media machine. In the U.S.,we can't avoid the propaganda and defamation of logical thinkers. We're surrounded by it 24/7.

That being said, when news spreads of a middle eastern nation having turmoil within, it's a knee jerk reaction from the western world to emphasize corruption. It's easy.
One man's opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Anyone who trusts Erdogan is a fool. He is playing the West and Russia for all he is worth. Look at how far Turkey has regressed under him. When the military in Turkey acts...... you'll know it, it won't be a disorganized mess like this one.

It's very telling that the US Spooks were totally blindsided by this coup. If it were a coup from the bulk of the Turkish armed forces, they would have known about it in advance.

Erdogan in the past has done false flags to scmere his perceived rivals. Without Erdogan ISIS doesn't sell its oil, buy and ships their arms and has a pipeline for its manpower to flow into the I. S. I'd be especially suspicious of every action Erdogan does. He has only his interests in place. He basically blackmailed the E. U. in regards to the flow of migrants into the E. U. I don't trust him one bit.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I doubt the EU leaders will acknowledge it as a false flag. Certain members the EU seem to want want Turkey in the Union.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

They did so in the past and were successful at it, the turkish army has obligations to do this if the secular state and democracy is threatened.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I'm afraid you might have misunderstood my post.

I am well aware that the military in Turkey regularly uses a coup to keep the government in check.

My question was regarding the OP. He said:

"President Recep Erdogan staged the rebellion himself to justify a major clampdown on opposition forces. "
The biggest news agencies (Reuters & co) spreaded this rumor and it didn't take long before it has made it's way into social media and major news channels.

and:

whole western world accepted a conspiracy

I have not seen proof that the whole western world has accepted this, nor that the MSM are pushing this narrative as fact.
So, I was wondering where the OP got this idea.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If this was a coup, we would have seen a large military presence in all the major cities of Turkey, leaders detained, media blacked out and so on.
A military takover, but that is not what we have seen.
We have seen soldiers (mostly young man) at bridges, two f16's in the air and a few tanks in the streets in Instanbul.
A tiny fraction of the army in Turkey, those young man were apparently thinking they had a military drill, that is what some of them said.
What we will surely not see if the turkish army would take control is firing at a parliament building at night or firing at a motel with a helicopter.
Certainly not firing at the public in a street.

If there really was a coup instigated by the turkish army, the people would have been notified after the leaders would have been detained.
But there never was any danger for the leaders, they were not a target.

edit on 17-7-2016 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I see, it is indeed not accepted as a conspiracy but certainly since today there is doubt if it really was a coup.
Not so much in regular media, but certainly in political circles and critical journalists.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join