It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New driving terms for bad behaviors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

The ones that really get under my skin are the me-firsters: say I'm the last car in a line of five cars in the right lane to exit the freeway. A me-firster comes hauling ass from behind to make the exit, but for some bewildering reason, cuts me off instead of taking place at the back of the line of cars, even if there is a quarter-mile-long hole in traffic directly behind me. Just can't be last at anything, ever.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

As you approach the speed of light, optical doppler shift raises the frequency of light in the oncoming direction, so, theoretically, if you could go fast enough, you could blueshift all the red lights to green!

I'm sure there are people who are trying that experiment as we speak.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Road rage. Remember to aim high.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This scenario happens here a lot : a steady green light and I'm in the right turn Lane about to make a right when a person on a motorized bicycle races down the sidewalk, almost into my car. It's unnerving!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

My complaint isn't exactly about driving. This summer I've noticed more and more people leave their vehicles running (and locked and I presume with a/c running) while they are shopping. No getting back into a hot car for them!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I got one that makes my blood boil

The Ailment Opportunist - When I was a paramedic in Chicago (for a private...not CFD), I would be on the freeway, lights and sirens going, and some idiot would get behind me and follow close because they knew I was going around traffic...you know...since I had someone in full seizure in the back.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

In Dallas we get these idjuts of a very special nature. Three kinds that bug me most. 1. The dipwad that "shoots the gap" (crosses 3 or 4 lanes to make an exit, nearly killed me on the Harley last week) 2. People who have no idea that the on ramp is also the acceleration bay (meant to give you room to merge at the flow of traffic) 3. The "special" ones who can't seem to do the 75 or 70 MPH posted speed limits (if your gona do 50, do it on the access road) Ohh and this isn't numbered because nearly all Texas drivers do this, instant stupid, just add weather.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join