It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Absolutely Wrong': Bill Nye the Science Guy Takes on Noah's Ark Exhibit

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

And You NEVER heard the Professor say "One time I saw this fat skeleton..." so this of course blows the "big boned theory" out the window...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't be a smartass. You're getting worse, you know that? I just watched this 11-point presentation where a theology professor gives a respectful address to believers, explaining the things you (Christians) don't seem to understand.

To you and your style of Christians:
Stop talking down to us and then saying you aren't talking down to us. Stop telling us we're wrong and then how great you are. The Bible is not a literally written document. Period.
The stories are no more "real" than Aesop's fables, or Grimm's fairy tales. They are not historical records. They just aren't. Period.

We see through it, and through your faux 'respect.' You say you 'respect' our beliefs are different than yours, but you then turn around and belittle us.

You tell us not to 'preach' at you, but in the same breath insist that you believe what we see clearly as being impossible and that we are jerks if we don't believe what you believe. Try reading back through your posts. Not just your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

You are goading us, insulting us, and pretending that you don't realize how ugly you're being about it. We don't believe. That's all there is to it.

Check out this short presentation:

I'm not an atheist, but as an agnostic, these things apply to how you address agnostics also (aside from how you continually label us as "atheists"....because you don't really listen).

The eleven points he makes:

1) We have morals, too!

2) You don't know us better than we know ourselves.

3) We don't deep down believe in your particular God.

4) We don't hate your particular God.

5) We don't all disbelieve because something bad happened to us! (AKA, we aren't "broken")

6) Believing isn't a choice (I made a thread entitled "how does one force themselves to believe?")

7) Most of used to be Christians too (and then we stopped, because we figured out we didn't believe it).

8) Quoting the Bible doesn't work like a Jedi Mind Trick.

(saying it one more time isn't going to magically cure us. And most of us know the Bible better than most of you, anyway)

9) We don't worship the devil. (we don't believe in the devil, either!)

10) Hell doesn't scare us. To us, it doesn't even make any sense.

11) Not all of us are anti-theists. (Although I personally am becoming more and more an anti-theist agnostic.)

edit on 7/19/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You know what I know, despite what you say. You have made the choice to be willfully ignorant. I have made the choice to follow the evidence, even if it conflicts with my feelings.
There is nothing more I can do for you besides correcting your ignorance so others may learn from it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So was the arc big enough to house all of the animals it was supposed to or not?

You tell me, Bone. You tell me. I want to know what you believe. In the video you can see what others believe.....

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

So was the arc big enough to house all of the animals it was supposed to or not?

You tell me, Bone. You tell me. I want to know what you believe.

Awe... are you vetting me Buzzywuzzy? xoxoxo

I believe its possible. How many massive land creatures can you name off the top of your head? I can only come up with about 10 (not including the dinosaurs, which BTW, I don't believe there were as many different species as scientists suggest).

We're talking about a boat that is 7 stories high and 2 1/2 football fields long. I'd say there would've been plenty of room.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ah yes because disagreeing with you is preaching.

I am just trying to figure out how you say you take the bible as literal but then turn around and say parts if it are not. Which you then turn to the cop of out the OT only being for jews, which is usual.
You cherry pick what you want to be literal, the bad stuff you explain away as not being such.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Even if getting them all on there made sense, which it doesn't, dealing with them once they are on there is a whole other story. Which I am sure you will just tell me they were all put to sleep, asleep for a year plus creates a whole myriad of other issues. And then afterwards, you have predators that need to eat and there food supply has just been demolished. As well as herbivores that need vegetation, but I'm sure I will be told that vegetation was created in mass after the flood subsided.

Oh and then migration back to their natural habitat, were the continents in their current locations?
edit on thTue, 19 Jul 2016 14:53:08 -0500America/Chicago720160880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Even if getting them all on there made sense, which it doesn't, dealing with them once they are on there is a whole other story. Which I am sure you will just tell me they were all put to sleep, asleep for a year plus creates a whole myriad of other issues. And then afterwards, you have predators that need to eat and there food supply has just been demolished. As well as herbivores that need vegetation, but I'm sure I will be told that vegetation was created in mass after the flood subsided.

Oh and then migration back to their natural habitat, were the continents in their current locations?

At this point I'm not overly concerned with all of that. I just want to know whether or not they could've all fit on the ark.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Awe... are you vetting me Buzzywuzzy? xoxoxo
What? No. Don't even know what you mean by that.

I believe its possible.
That every species got on the ark by twos? No. It is not possible.

How many massive land creatures can you name off the top of your head?

'Massive" being defined as....what? That's a totally subjective term.
Like asking "how many shades of blue can you name?"
Or, how many nuts can you name?? (Including some legumes which are called "nuts")

I can only come up with about 10 (not including the dinosaurs, which BTW, I don't believe there were as many different species as scientists suggest).
Then you aren't even trying.

And yes, there were as many species as they say. And right now there are millions - and that's only about one percent of all there have been.

I just want to know whether or not they could've all fit on the ark.

No. They could not fit on the ark. Now you know.

So, knowing that....don't be a stick in the mud - you came to this party - so watch the videos. Chillax.

edit on 7/19/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Dude...it just occurred to me that you are an Aussie, and so is Ken Ham.

Also - Ricky Gervais is an Aussie, and so are you and Ken Ham and Jim Jefferies.

Ricky and Jim are brilliant. I bet you think they have cooties and are possessed by the devil, though - right?

If you aren't aware of them (like US Americans might not be aware of Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart), then you need to be.
In order to keep up here on ATS. You need to be aware of both sides - the arguments of both/all sides.

Otherwise you are (like Sremmos said) being willfully ignorant (and/or 'trolling'). And on here, we try to discourage that.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: TrueBrit

You also have a sense of humor :-)

I'm not religious, so - being a smart ass is often an obvious first choice. Pardon my weakness

I always wonder why for some science is not the enemy of faith - it's easily compatible with their faith. Trying to understand natures is - natural

For others science is pure evil

This thread is probably big enough for a real discussion I figure

Science is not compatible with any of the Traditional JCM, or Abrahamic, faiths. Anyone who says otherwise is experiencing cognitive dissonance at it's finest. Sorry, but this lunacy needs to be left behind, although I'm positive it never will. It is far too good of a control system and people just aren't able to critically think when it comes to things they spent their childhood being indoctrinated towards. It's amazing really.
edit on 19-7-2016 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just wonder why Nye isn't going to Disneyland to complain about all the child brainwashing going on there? Talking animals including carnivorous ones that take selfies with you rather than eat you for lunch, mermaids, flying carpets, princesses with superhuman abilities, etc. Seems like he's kind of singled this place out unfairly.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: riotpack
Help im being group stalked andthey canread my thoughts

Sucks to be you.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave
Just wonder why Nye isn't going to Disneyland to complain about all the child brainwashing going on there? Talking animals including carnivorous ones that take selfies with you rather than eat you for lunch, mermaids, flying carpets, princesses with superhuman abilities, etc. Seems like he's kind of singled this place out unfairly.

Except Disney is not postulating that any of those attractions you mentioned are historical like Hamster is doing with his ark.

On a side note, I drove past the Creation Museum today and fill dumber via osmosis for doing so.

edit on 19-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Sorry, but this lunacy needs to be left behind, although I'm positive it never will.

Why won't it?

Science is not compatible with any of the Traditional JCM, or Abrahamic, faiths.

Is it compatible with art?

edit on 7/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Buzz, We could not talk or talk forever and still find nothing to not talk about.

Nice vid, but do you ever have these discussions with your neighboor the pastor or anyone that might have a bit more authority and decorum on these matter, or is ATS it?

....Macadamia Nut

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

as much as I dont like Nye, he has a point.

religion centric people piss me off.

Pay your damned taxes. Give unto Ceasar and all that...

edit on 7 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Of course you aren't.
I don't think they could of fit and I'm overly concerned to say why.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

At this point I'm not overly concerned with all of that. I just want to know whether or not they could've all fit on the ark.

At a pair of animals every 30 seconds it would take about 300 years to get them all on the ark.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join