It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Censoring Baton Rouge Events Connections to BLM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not sure they kept cutting people off when they said it.

It happened I want to say 3 times.

Once they claimed he was part of the sovereign citizen movement. Then about an hour later (wasn't paying attention the entire time) another pundit mentioned he was part of a right wing group.

All aired on MSNBC, not written in the article but actually on the TV.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: onequestion

Well you and the guys you know obviously are more stable than this guy was. Or he allowed himself to be programmed by some other set of information than the rest.

Who knows. He sounds like a bit of a crusader type that was out to prove some kind of point. What that point was I'm not sure.

My guess is he simply allowed his emotions and ideology to run amok along with his Alpha Male ego until it drove him to do something completely stupid and violent.

He should have taken some yoga, gone fishing and gotten laid IMO and it might have helped him avoid this. But it's too late now.

Maybe BLM should have toned down their rhetoric from calling for killing cops to calling for the Justice system to handle bad cop cases to their satisfaction and Obama should have toned down his rhetoric that he understands why blacks of BLM are acting like they are, calling for the killing of cops.

But no it just goes on as kill piggy kill whitey chanting in the streets. After months and months of chanting their death calls, does any honest person think they are not celebrating each cop murder and railing for more?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Sounds like they're just going down the list of groups to demonize for their own agenda. Maybe they figure if they just tie him to a different one every so often that maybe one of them will stick. F*cking media whores.

From what I can tell he sounds like he was basically just a Radical looking for a cause of some kind. He was a member of Islam for a while. He was a Christian for while. He went to Africa and got into some movements there. He went to the military and became a marine.

He sounds to me like someone who desperately wanted to be a part of something important and wanted to fight for some cause but just didn't know which one. So he tried different ones for a while but didn't stop long enough to figure out what it was he really believed in to start with so eventually he was just a Radical with no cause until now.

What a waste.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

He sounds to me like someone who desperately wanted to be a part of something important and wanted to fight for some cause but just didn't know which one.

Sounds to me like he was desperately looking for his mother or father or someone to care about him and create self worth.

Our family values have deteriorated in this country.

People feel empty, worthless and are economically disabled.

People don't know where to turn anymore and Trump and Sanders just turned their back on everyone after massive populace movements.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Are we surprised that any and all parts of the MSM is basically a ratings game mostly devoid of facts?

We shouldn't be. At least, not any of us "here."

We should also be aware of the tendency to mash opposite elements together based on preconceived notions.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They probably should tone it down. Calling for the killing of cops is no better than calling for the killing of blacks. So it's a pretty sh*tty message for sure.

But obviously not everyone is so taken over by that message. Most people just hear it and say meh. The problem is that it seems to infect guys like this, that want to do something big and fight for some cause, but don't think about what cause they should fighting for and get swept up in the propaganda and do something dumb.

He sounds like a fairly intelligent and capable guy too. He was motivated, capable, military trained, etc. Just needed some serious guidance and needed some wisdom to put him on the right path. He could have been a great warrior for a good cause but instead he ended up doing the worst thing possible and now has the worst possible legacy for himself.

From War Hero Marine to Cop Killing Psycho. Not much to be proud of there.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Is it just me or is the line between BLM and Islamic extremism becoming quite blurry?

Seems to me BLM is far closer to Islamic extremism than it is to America at large.

only in the minds of paranoid schizophrenics...otherwise, there is no connection.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Calling for the random killing of cops is exactly the same thing as cops murdering Blacks outside the rule of law.

Violence is wrong whoever is doing it, always, no exceptions, pure and simple.

I will be glad to remind some of our friends of that in the next "take up arms against the jack-booted FBI (BLM, ATF) thugs" argument on here I see.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Calling for the random killing of cops is exactly the same thing as cops murdering Blacks outside the rule of law.

I will be glad to remind some of our friends of that in the next "take up arms against the jack-booted FBI (BLM, ATF) thugs" argument on here I see.

only white Christian patriotic Americans can do that, if you are an "other" American, you would be a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The MSM trying to tie in ridiculous links is....simply ridiculous.

Says the guy who tries to link a christian to islamic extremism

He himself stated he used to be a member of the Nation of Islam.

Ridiculous to link him to Islam indeed.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

People who are struggling in Western culture from minority communities are identifying with Islam because of it's perception as rebellious against Western culture.

Thats not saying they are all radicalized, they may just be moderate in their rebellion but that's the truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Gryphon66

only white Christian patriotic Americans can do that, if you are an "other" American, you would be a terrorist.

Don't forget "thug" and "insurrectionist" (I've seen this one making a comeback today ... I suggested that would happen recently, but I thought I was exaggerating to make a point. I was sadly mistaken.), not to mention, if Black, then automatically connected to BLM, New Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, and of course from there to RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM™.

Just another day at the ATS rock ...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like I said I think people identify with Islam as a form of rebellion.

In America anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

When did it become fashionable for the press to hide the truth?

The 'MSM' is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do we ever get tired of playing these blasted divisive games? Racial? Religious? Brand of sneaker?

It should go without saying that anyone, regardless of race, religion, sneaker brand who does something of this nature is a thug, a bandit, a criminal.

I'm fairly sure that most folks do think along those lines. There is a reason, after all, that they're referred to as "Fringe".

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

edit on 17-7-2016 by Liquesence because: Not going there. Can't argue with blocks of wood.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You might be right. The sad part is that most people in Western Culture Love to "Identify" with things but are usually too shallow and undedicated as to actually represent what they choose to "Identify" with.

They might put a sticker on the back of their Lowered Truck with Thumping Stereo. Or where a hat with the Logo of it on something. Probably talk some ignorant incorrect BS on Facebook about it. But none of them actually do any of the work or disciplined activities required by their chosen "Identity".

They're a bunch of posers in the same way some rich white kid who wears baggy pants and thumps gansta rap in his BMW bought by his parents thinks of himself as a gangster rapper. Goes around talking ghetto and carrying a gun tucked in waistband telling people not to "step to him or they'll get capped." But we all know the reality of who that kid really is. He's lost and looking for some identity that looks cool so he adopts it from others thinking that's who he is even though it's total BS.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

When did it become fashionable for the press to hide the truth?

The 'MSM' is part of the problem.

The problem is that the MSM is pushing the Clinton candidacy. Her party is seriously pushing the racism/ liberal agenda hard as a way of gaining votes against Trump and it's causing a lot of backlash.

That doesn't mean I side with Republicans but that's just whats happening.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MysticPearl

People who are struggling in Western culture from minority communities are identifying with Islam because of it's perception as rebellious against Western culture.

Thats not saying they are all radicalized, they may just be moderate in their rebellion but that's the truth.

I agree that's true and it's also true in Europe.

Islam is preying on the "worthlessness and hopelessness" many disenfranchised youth feel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join