It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HURRY...go buy me some shoes!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Friday I'm at work and all of a sudden my phone rings. It's my wife. She sounds panicked. "Hurry, go buy me some shoes!!", she says.

"What???"
"I need you to go buy me a pair of shoes, right NOW...I need a pair of shoes!!! I mean right now; if you're not in a meeting or something, I really, really, REALLY, need your help!!!", she says, on the brink of tears (seriously).
"Hon, what the hell is going on...shoes??? Really??? Why do you...."
(whispering now) "Bob, I looked down just a bit ago and I see I have two different colored shoes on!!! I need you to go get me some shoes! I don't care what they look like, sandals, flip flops anything!", she says in this mortified voice.
"WHAT??? You're kidding right, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! OMG...that is the funniest thing I've heard all week!!" (cracking up, smacking leg, spilling coffee)

"Okay, okay...calm down! I'll go buy you some shoes.", I say. And, off I go to buy the poor dear girl a pair of shoes.

So I get her a pair of shoes at the closest place I could find (no, I didn't buy her some stupid flip-flops!). I call her up and let her know I'm coming to the rescue with the goods. She conjures up some secluded place to meet (I'm thinking, hey this could be GOOD!...but no, she just wants the dang shoes!)

I show up and she's already there. She shows me her one black shoe and one blue, which she put on in the dark when she left for work. They were the same shoe, just two different colors. Holding the shoes up over my head, I tell her, "before I give these to you, you gotta' let me take a picture, silly!"
"Oooookaaaaay, but you can't show anyone, promise?"
Me: (cracking up), "okay" (snort, snicker, snort)

I gave her the shoes, and got a sweet kiss out of the deal (so there's that). And we went back to work.

P.S. What I didn't tell her was....one time I did the EXACT same thing!!! (so I went into a shoe store in my socks...hey, at least they matched).

LOL

P.S.S. NO, I will not post the picture!

edit on 7/17/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
That's funny. Was she mad at you for laughing?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

At first yes, but then when she realized I was truly laughing at the social comedy of the whole thing she calmed down and started snickering too.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would have laughed. Then again, if it was me with two different colored shoes, I'd either act like I didn't notice or was doing to see if anyone else would notice.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I love your RL stories.

Thanks for posting this, it made me LoL.

You could post the pic you know, shhhh, she will never know.

Hope your house and dog smell better by now.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Dog smells better (lots), but you can still smell it when he gets wet (which is every day). House...well, we burned it down and moved into a van down by the river now.

JK...The house is a lot better, but the bathroom where we initially bathed him still smells skunk-ey.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I KNOW how it tends to linger.

Hope the wife was happy with the new shoes!

Happy wife, happy life.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My wife is the exact opposite.
She would say, "hey! Look what I did"

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Been there done that. I worked the whole day like that and even laughed and showed people.

After walking across the office and having a pair of pantyhose fall out of the leg on my pants where they apparently stayed through the wash and dry nothings could embarrass me.
I can still hear Margo asking me what's that and pointing at the stockings trailing behind me out of the bottom of my pants.
Yeah. Two different color shoes meh.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yep, when you do something like that, it's much better to own it than try to hide it. That way you can at least laugh with people and let them know you know you made a mistake. You look human and they aren't caught in the uncomfortable position of not knowing if there's something ... wrong ... with you, either that or it makes it harder to laugh behind your back because you pulled it out in the open.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ah women and their 'emergencies'

I can only imagine what it's like being so emotionally high strung.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That happened to me alot but I didn't have such a sweet man to save me. Now, we should talk about men and their zippers. Really? And they say they are not forgetful.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Women, got a love em, love to love em, never understood em.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yeah, remember when you were required to wear white socks with red and black stripes across the top? I got caught wearing one sock with red and black stripes and one sock with black and red stripes. Yes, I was bullied.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Ummm...gosh, I've been known to forget my zipper a time or two (or five).

Me: "OH!! ... CRAP!!! (zip) Don't worry, nothing to see here...they already escaped...AGAIN!! Dammit!!"

"HEY...anyone seen my spare socks?????"

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you've been had.

Great way to get new shoes

Watch out - next week she'll be telling you her jacket doesn't match her skirt and you'll be sent to buy dresses.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So an executive assistant tells her boss that his garage door is open and he laughs and says did you see my humvee parked inside.
She says sorry sir I didn't. It must have been parked behind the Volkswagen with the two flat tires.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Whycome stories like this do not make the news? It is all death and gloom and new reasons to hate. But a genuine story about something important never makes it on! Comedian, speaking about news, said stories like the following never make it on (forgot who said this), "Johnny today tried a--d for the first time today. He talked to God and had a really good time!"

Reminds me of my favorite line from Erin Brochavich. That is all you got. Two left feet and ugly f#ing shoes!

Thanks for sharing! You lead an interesting life!

join