It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Republican Convention

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I think the real shooter would have killed him - after all, the real shooter had the advantage of surprise and being up above. But none of it matters, because he was just part of that 1% who doesn't play fair with guns. Pfffft - It's only 1%.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's not surprising to see some who would immediately give up their rights.

Disappointing, but not surprising.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why don't they just bring in the national guard to protect the convention?

Cheers - Dave

Prolly because they don't want any more Kent states.

When you have protestors coming with guns specifically to create issues, what do you want to do, sitck flowers in their asses and call them vases? The police will be outnumbered 4-12 to 1, at least a couple of thousand national guard with scary black ar-15's might act as a deterrent to escalating hostilities.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/17.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Bone75

I think the real shooter would have killed him - after all, the real shooter had the advantage of surprise and being up above. But none of it matters, because he was just part of that 1% who doesn't play fair with guns. Pfffft - It's only 1%.

I think its just as likely that he would've been killed by the cops.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Don't you mean insurrectionists?

Might as well say it.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Don't you mean insurrectionists?

Might as well say it.

If a person comes to your door and tries to sell you something and you say no, they generally leave. If another person comes to your door and tries to sell you something with a gun in their hand, you have three choices, do nothing and die, or give them what they want and have them coming back every week for more, or blow them away.

Anyone in their right mind won't deal well with terrorists with guns.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

So now the protestors that are exercising their rights are terrorist? How about any white supremacist group that shows up armed? Just because they support Trump it's all fine and dandy huh?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So now the protestors that are exercising their rights are terrorist? How about any white supremacist group that shows up armed? Just because they support Trump it's all fine and dandy huh?

Blm has already said they want to kill cops and white people, is that their constitutional right? They are showing themselves to be a violent terrorist group. I am all for peaceful assembly and airing grievances, but if you go to an event armed with intent to create a disruption of other people's rights and have threatened to kill people, I don't care what colour or occupation, then that or those people should be arrested. Your rights end where mine begin and mine end where yours begin, keep that in mind.

If blm is going to the Republican and Democrat conventions with the sole intent of causing violent disruption by causing harm or impeding the travel of innocent people, then they are terrorists attacking soft targets and should be dealt with as terrorists. If they can't be civilized getting their message across, they should just stay away, violence begets more violence.

ETA: I just have to ask, have you ever dealt with terrorists, been shot, been in a hot zone/military campaign or are you an arm chair philosopher? I have, so I kinda know a bit about what terrorism looks like, up close and personal.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/18.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Live by the sword, you die by the sword. Doesn't make sense after fighting so hard for the right to carry semi automatic machine guns on their persons that the governor or state as a whole would agree to a suspension of open carry. I feel bad for the police who have to work that clown show. They should pull all the police and let the loonies weighed down with their guns serve as police for the convention. Let's see then how many of our republican politicians show up for the rally..I mean convention.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I would like to see some little birds with JSOC flying around personally. I do believe some legislation signed into law by the President in 2012 has some leeway to allow it. Just for this event. And maybe some of those helicopter drones with shotguns.

I will be ok with allowing ALL parties interested to open carry even their mounted Ma Deuce as long as JSOC is there to show everyone who the real authority is if they get out of hand.

Its time to identify the communists and remove the threat. Tanks are fun too.

I say we just replace the cops with Atlas robots in ten years and let America do its thing and open carry nationally.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

I would like to see some little birds with JSOC flying around personally. I do believe some legislation signed into law by the President in 2012 has some leeway to allow it. Just for this event. And maybe some of those helicopter drones with shotguns.

I will be ok with allowing ALL parties interested to open carry even their mounted Ma Deuce as long as JSOC is there to show everyone who the real authority is if they get out of hand.

Its time to identify the communists and remove the threat. Tanks are fun too.

I say we just replace the cops with Atlas robots in ten years and let America do its thing and open carry nationally.

Drones are a good idea but the drone hunting will come into season lol. At least remote feeding might pick up who initiates conflict, but as I have always said police are there to serve and protect only the law, not the people. Police are janitors with guns, the clean up crew. Problem is, first person to pull out a gun and it starts, it escalates. When the first round get fired, I have my doubts calm heads will prevail. Seen it in the field, one new guy gets nervous and accidentally fires and everybody's firing.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Cleveland police chief just stated the governor doesn't have the power to suspend open carry.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Any excuse they can use to slide some more of our constitutional rights into the trash. How the heck are the attendees supposed to defend themselves from the violent protesters if they do not have guns? They are always outnumbered. A few guys with guns will deter that crap for sure.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join