It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Republican Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: xuenchen

Awwww, what are we worried about. An armed society is a polite society, right? That's what they keep telling me. I'm sure everyone at this convention will be as polite as church ladies.

That is so sad. If it weren't for the mayhem by outsiders that are being brought in from all around the country to create chaos, I would guarantee you that everyone at that convention would be doing business the way it is always done and everything would go well.

There are forces that are very afraid of a Trump presidency. Their House of Cards may fall down around their corrupt ankles and be exposed. They want disruption, violence, and an excuse to stop the process by any means they can. Remember, these trouble-makers believe the end justifies the means.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Kasich says no.

Good for him, though I am surprised he has the balls to do the right thing.
edit on 2016/7/17 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: xuenchen

Awwww, what are we worried about. An armed society is a polite society, right? That's what they keep telling me. I'm sure everyone at this convention will be as polite as church ladies.

LOL

You were the one saying "Let everyone shoot each other up".

Rub your hands harder.

Obviously I was wrong. The more guns there are, the less shooting there is. Right? We don't even need the police there at all, right?
edit on 17-7-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: DBCowboy

I saw this a little while ago.

Something very amusing (sadly) is that while legal firearms are currently permitted on public Access areas (but not within the convention itself), water guns are prohibited. Yes, water guns are prohibited Items.

PDF: RNC Official Event Zone Permit Regulations **AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD**

Well that's good because umbrellas are banned too.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Only the ones with metal points on the ends.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

LOL

Tell that to the local Democrat government failure.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why would a suspension of open carry be any different than a city curfew after a natural disaster? We've been under curfew a few time here in Virginia due to hurricanes and power outages.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There hasn't been a disaster.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a

Exactly. The real disaster will be on election day when we end up with Pantsuit or L'Orange.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
For those of you who are being smug and self righteous about the police "who chose their jobs", wanting to avoid having such a dangerous mix of ideologies and weapons in a large gathering of people, let me point out that the very same officers are sworn to protect your ungrateful selves. If enough of them die, they may stop volunteering to do such dangerous jobs, an then your protection will be gone as well as mine. i'm with Kaylaluv, this is a dangerous situation and I would want to stay far away from it. But, the officers will not stay away, because they take their duties seriously, and they will show up and do their jobs. I sincerely hope they will not be slaughtered as a result.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

a

Exactly. The real disaster will be on election day when we end up with Pantsuit or L'Orange.

edit on 17-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a

Election day, I will be fishing and getting extraordinarily drunk.

link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
For those of you who are being smug and self righteous about the police "who chose their jobs", wanting to avoid having such a dangerous mix of ideologies and weapons in a large gathering of people, let me point out that the very same officers are sworn to protect your ungrateful selves. If enough of them die, they may stop volunteering to do such dangerous jobs, an then your protection will be gone as well as mine. i'm with Kaylaluv, this is a dangerous situation and I would want to stay far away from it. But, the officers will not stay away, because they take their duties seriously, and they will show up and do their jobs. I sincerely hope they will not be slaughtered as a result.

If I have my concealed carry I can protect myself rather than wait twenty minutes for some cop to arrive and clean me up off the sidewalk.

link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
If enough of them die, they may stop volunteering to do such dangerous jobs, an then your protection will be gone as well as mine.

Really? How did New York City survive prior to 1845?

Thinking the police are going to 'protect' you is a bit naïve, they are not omnipresent. The private citizen's first line of defense should be themselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not even waiting till then.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And that differs from every other day how?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge carried (and were better trained than you), but that didn't help them, did it? What makes you so sure it will help you?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge carried (and were better trained than you), but that didn't help them, did it? What makes you so sure it will help you?

I hope you are not suggesting that snipers target innocent civilians at a long distance.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

And that differs from every other day how?

I'll be wearing a different hat.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

BLM is a militant group?

The few protests I've seen involved people carrying signs not guns.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join