It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Police Ask For Emergency Suspension Of Open Carry Laws During Republican Convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I hope the police there decide to boycott the convention. Let everyone shoot each other up while they stay safe in their living rooms watching it on TV.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

. . . But now, the Cleveland Police Union has made an emergency request to suspend open carry for the duration of the Republican convention.

thinkprogress.org...

Sounds draconian to me.

News is just breaking.

And so it begins?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or are they insurrectionists yet?

I would call NEITHER black supremacists, or white supremacists 'insurrectionists'.

I would call them idiots without a clue, and a 'righteous' cause.

link   
You would have to declare a "conditional" state of martial law... Kind of like the Boston infringement.

Nope.... and furthermore, nope.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I hope the police there decide to boycott the convention. Let everyone shoot each other up while they stay safe in their living rooms watching it on TV.

In case you haven't heard yet.. Trump supporters are not gunning down the Police or civilians.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ohio is a lot like PA.

We like our guns

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You will find many who would applaud this attempt to remove freedoms and rights.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree. Rare star for you.

However, even though you aren't, some are, and it will become widespread soon in this context.

Bet you a nickel.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: kaylaluv

In case you haven't heard yet.. Trump supporters are not gunning down the Police or civilians.

What do you think will happen when Trump supporters bringing their guns get to Cleveland and find out they're in a "gun free zone"?

Just a guess ...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I hope no one boycotts anything.

There were children playing in a fountain 40 feet away for chrissakes!

Suggesting that police should be able to choose who they protect and serve is sad.

IMO

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Considering free speech zones have been a thing for a while now, it wouldn't surprise me to see open carry zones implemented.

link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Somebody's gonna be shootin' somebody during that convention. I wouldn't blame the police one bit if they wanted to sit this one out.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: projectvxn

Last time I checked, black people were Americans.

I agree. But nobody made a stink about it until the Black Panthers announced they'd be open carrying at the RNC.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Considering free speech zones have been a thing for a while now, it wouldn't surprise me to see open carry zones implemented.

I would never participate in something like that, it would be like standing in a giant bulls eye.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DBCowboy

This falls in suspension of the second amendment to me, I don't think they can do that, unless is only for the people attending the convension inside the place where is going to be done, but they can no enforce this on the people outside.

This is a state law there. Not a federal law. not all states allow Open Carry. So, this case is not really a constitutional matter.

It is possible it could be the beginning of infringements of all different types, though.
edit on 17-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
So, this case is not really a constitutional matter.

It could potentially be an Ohio constitutional issue:

I.04 Bearing arms; standing armies; military powers (1851)

The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security; but standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and shall not be kept up; and the military shall be in strict subordination to the civil power.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I saw this a little while ago.

Something very amusing (sadly) is that while legal firearms are currently permitted on public Access areas (but not within the convention itself), water guns are prohibited. Yes, water guns are prohibited Items.

PDF: RNC Official Event Zone Permit Regulations **AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD**

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

It does seem harsh but maybe understandable at this point.

This is concerning to me:

“We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something — I don’t care if it’s constitutional or not at this point,” Cleveland Police Union president Stephen Loomis told CNN.

Emphasis is mine. I'm sure that LEO are feeling scared and frustrated by recent events.

I am curious why someone would feel the need to openly carry an AR-15. I realize it's their right but...

Just curious. I also think this may just be the beginning and what was intended from long ago. the puzzle pieces are fitting together.

Too many pieces are falling into place way too rapidly.

Watching MSM today, they kept repeating over and over that Law Enforcement are losing staff across the country, because they feel they are the "target".. This sets up some scary scenarios on where we go from here. How long before the cops are saying their numbers are so diminished that they start requesting UN reinforcements or something along those lines?

It's sad, but it is one big self feeding monster. Police have done some horrid things over the last decade and a half or so, people of all colors and backgrounds are sick of intimidation, harassment, asset forfeiture, and a lack of accountability on most of these tactics. Now, killing them is not and never was the answer. Exposure was the original plan, but it fell on deaf ears or outright apologist denial.

I agree with WillTell for once, more people should be carrying.

For now, what is done is done. If protestors are stupid enough to attempt to make a mess of the RNC, I say fire should be met with fire. It comes down to some half-assed attempt to skirt the law, which will lead to confusion.

Also, if there are people with nefarious plans for this event, disarming the attendees will only make the carnage that much worse.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The race 'issue'.

A false flag operation with a radical organization used to further the current administrations agenda.

To create chaos.

Pit citizens against each other.

And to deny civil liberties.

There is no better example of 'denying open carry'.

After DECADES of never being a problem.

Machination people.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Their jobs are to police, you understand this? And no one made then take the job.

They can go work in the wonderful world of fast food if the do not want to answer the call to do their jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join