It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Question Or Two For Trump Supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I kind of hate that I'm making a thread involving the presidential candidate, but here we are.

I'm a Canadian guy, so I know I have no dog in the race or even know what I'm talking about. But it seems Every presidential race comes down to basically voting for one's personal 'lesser of two evils' and it's no different this time. (Just like up here, of course)

I get the appeal of Trump to the general mass of his supporters. The appeal of the 'outsider' that will maybe rattle some cages, etc.

But I see posts here on ATS, from people who are very intelligent and very aware of all the contradictions and corruption in high-level politics and business (hence why they're members) who share this sentiment. My question(s) is/are this/these:

If Trump gets the White House, do you honestly think that he won't fall in line with what 'TPTB' want done, like, you know, almost every president ever?

Is he really any less in the pocket of the Establishment than anyone else? I mean he's a trust-fund baby billionaire shady real-estate/TV guy. Do you really think the things he's saying have any scruples? I mean Obama was a big-talker, too.

I just don't see how some of the awesome minds I see here can buy into this guy, or, really, how they think he is actually willing, (or has the power/ability) to make all these changes to a system that has served him so well.
edit on 7/17/2016 by WizardVanWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WizardVanWizard

I think the real hope is that his ego won't allow him to grovel before the PTB. But then that raises it's own set of concerns.

He's not ideal, and I couldn't bring myself to vote for someone I have no faith in, so I will no be voting for him.

But I'll be able to live with anyone but Hillary.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Kobayashi Maru.

There is no such thing as a non-win solution.

Change TPTB.

I see the change happening now, don't you?

edit on 17-7-2016 by NewzNose because: typo. first of the day.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Those are good questions.

Meh. I've edited my comments.... sorry ....carry on!
edit on 17-7-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I do not think he will be "allowed" to win.

He has made way to many statements involving the "great taboo's".

He mentioned "posted pricing for heathcare services" so that you as the consumer can shop around by price for healthcare procedures instead of "just getting a bill".

The Healthcare industry has gone to great lengths to make sure we never ask why we don't have a standard cost posted pricing for these tests, imaging, and procedures. This alone would drive down healthcare costs dramatically and that will cost 10's of billions of profit.

Wall Street is also having a fit. Under Trump, they may not be allowed to implement the "Carbon Credit Scam" that they want so badly and taxation for "hedge funds" has scared the hell out of them.

TPTB as you say, the really BIG money interests are all backing Hillary.

IF and a big IF he is in it to win it, he will find it very difficult. I suspect that if he is up in the polls by 10% or more, a "huge scandal" will befall him.

I an not a Trump fan but my God, I would be ashamed to vote for Hillary and common sense prevents me from ever considering it.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"I'm a Canadian guy," aaaaaand you are an expert in American politics. I see.

Please tell us brilliant minds of ATS who we should vote for here in America.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone

Stay at home at get yourself right with God, your family and your friends.

Because that's all you're going to be left with, if you're lucky. Your country was hijacked a long, long time ago. It is circling the drain of eternity and there's nothing you can do about it.

Everything at this point is a distraction--to keep you from getting yourself right with God, your family and your friends.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WizardVanWizard

If Trump gets the White House, do you honestly think that he won't fall in line with what 'TPTB' want done, like, you know, almost every president ever?

True. He'll have a very difficult time making real change--the same as Obama.

Is he really any less in the pocket of the Establishment than anyone else? I mean he's a trust-fund baby billionaire shady real-estate/TV guy. Do you really think the things he's saying have any scruples? I mean Obama was a big-talker, too.

He's not a "trust-fund baby billionaire." True he came from a well-off family who paid for his education. When he started out he got a loan from his father for $1 million, for which he paid interest as he paid it back. He turned this million into several billion himself. He's largely self-made. I don't know what you mean by "scruples." It seems like a loaded word to me.

Further, in terms of being "part of the establishment" Trump is not liked or supported by the entrenched "establishment" at all. They see the same thing we do, that he is a brash loud-mouth. People who have real power in this country (and the world) did not make it "in trade," i.e.: By actually earning it themselves. They are from well "established" families who have had serious money for centuries. They don't earn their money; they inherit it generation after generation. They are taught that to exert power they must do it quietly and behind the scenes in a "civilized" sort of way. They are "Old Money." Trump is "New Money." Old Money does not like New Money. They are all brash upstarts unworthy of "The Club."

I just don't see how some of the awesome minds I see here can buy into this guy, or, really, how they think he is actually willing, (or has the power/ability) to make all these changes to a system that has served him so well.

In other words, you are extremely smart and you don't understand how anyone with an ounce of brains can like Trump. The issue is this: He won't make all the changes he says he will and no one actively supporting him thinks he will. Reality will intervene. But he won't give the country away like Obama is doing. People are blithely suggesting very bad things will happen if Trump is President. They won't. And you have to consider what would happen if Hillary got in. She'll keep us on a downward slide. You want to talk about "scruples" with Hillary? Trump might have a chance to stop the slide, or at least slow it down.

In terms of lying, when Hillary opens her mouth, you know she is. When Trump opens his mouth, he says what's on his mind. Sometimes it's not very political. That bothers some people. Others think it is refreshing.

I like Trudeau better than either one of our guys.
edit on 7/17/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I kind of hate that I'm making a thread involving the presidential candidate, but here we are.

I'm a Canadian guy, so I know I have no dog in the race or even know what I'm talking about. But it seems Every presidential race comes down to basically voting for one's personal 'lesser of two evils' and it's no different this time. (Just like up here, of course)

I get the appeal of Trump to the general mass of his supporters. The appeal of the 'outsider' that will maybe rattle some cages, etc.

But I see posts here on ATS, from people who are very intelligent and very aware of all the contradictions and corruption in high-level politics and business (hence why they're members) who share this sentiment. My question(s) is/are this/these:

Also, he has mafia connections. www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies! I'll try and do a succinct group-reply.

I'm no expert in anything, especially politics, so I apologize if I came across as trying to be one. These are just random musings, as I'm bombarded with American political stuff up here in the media. Just wanted to hear some opinions.

I also wasn't implying that people with brains wouldn't vote for Trump. I meant that people around these boards tend to be much more interested and well-researched in the, let's say darker side of big politics and business, and, I thought, would be more likely to be wary of whether Trump's intentions are any truer than an established politician. Just wanted some clarification, because, as has been re-iterated, I'm not American and can't relate. But I'm a curious guy haha

I'm in no way, shape, or form endorsing Clinton. Shudder. It just seems to me that people who are gonna support Clinton support her for all the typical reasons you would vote any other crooked politician into office. This Trump thing is new, and, again, I'm just curious as to the thinkin' and feelin' going on with you guys in these bat-guano-crazy times haha. No judgement.

That Old Money vs. New Money thing never really entered my brain, though, I must say. Interesting times, if nothing else.

For the record I'm kind of meh on Trudeau. I think I wouldn't mind him as an MP; I think he'd be decent on a more local level. But, again, I'm no expert.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm no expert in anything, especially politics, so I apologize if I came across as trying to be one. These are just random musings,

It didn't come across that way at all. I think your OP was a reasonable and mostly true observation of the political climate.

Some people are just being jerks—because they are jerks.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone

"I'm a Canadian guy," aaaaaand you are an expert in American politics. I see.

We up here likely know more about your politics, than our own.
Reason being is that American politics take over our American tv channels, for about 2 years, every 2 years.
Our own elections are announced and finished within 6 weeks....

He didn't say he was an expert, but American politics get worldwide attention.

🤔 Vote? Gary Johnson. He seems the sanest so far, but I'd have to do more research if I was a voter. The other two both seem like elitists, spoiled brats, wishy washy,

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yup. Other than when they broadcast the actual election, ours is talked about in blurbs on the news for the most part.

All the American feeds of TV channels if you have a cable package only adds to the amount we hear and see.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I been thinking about Canada a lot of late. Been listening to Corb Lund and the Hurtin Albertins........they are damn awesome. Best think I've found out of Canada since I was 13 and discovered RUSH and weed! But as a American.....Canada is our Siamese twin....if we sink you'll go with us as well as Mexico our Siamese twin of the southern border. Trump or Clinton same as having to decide to wipe your arse with sandpaper or a wire brush......it aint gonna be pretty.editby]edit on 17-7-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I might be wrong, but I think people vote Trump because he is literally the only alternative to the agenda of war and corruption.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Considering that the alternative is Hillary, and that is unthinkable for a variety of reasons, not least of which is that she has done things that should have rendered her legally unable to be running office ...

Considering that everyone in Washington, on all sides, HATES the thought of President Trump apparently as much as I loathe them right now.

Considering I have no good alternatives, after all, the Washington elites seem to like Johnson the so-called libertarian as much as they rabidly dislike Trump which should tell you something about how "libertarian" Johnson actually is ...

I have not much alternative but to make lemonade and get right with God.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The money is made up and the votes don't matter, keeping the people divided makes it easier to fake the outcome and tell the people who they voted for. It's all a lie, has been for a long time.

Having said that, I can almost understand the trump supporters.
Pretty sure I'd use my own willy as fishing bait before supporting that business criminal myself, but I can understand what others might.
Of course, having said that, we have a decidedly "two party" system where people are made damn certain that they're wasting their vote if they oppose the two terrible choices.

If the Clinton foundation is allowed (given?) another seat, I might be moving north to Canada myself. Got a shack I could borrow?

I guess it doesn't matter who "wins", we the people are hosed.

RIP freedom,

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Also, he has mafia connections. www.politico.com...

There should be an entire thread just for the Trump Mafia Connections

new topics

top topics

active topics

join