It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Another brave officer.

R.I.P. Mr Gerald. My respect to you. I send peaceful prayers and deepest sympathies to your family and friends.

link   
a reply to: gluetrap

Yes. Could be another person also. The backpack contents were suspicious but explained away by Lara. However, Mr. Lara did have an ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards) tattoo.
Non-violence. No hate.

link   

Sorry my stuff is going so slow... I can't seem to do anything all of the sudden... But dailycaller listed his YouTube and his AKA name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra along with a photo. By searching that name I got that website... They person on the site and the person in the YouTube videos daily caller listed are the same person...

His about him pages list himself as a former marine which was said about the shooter before... IF the Daily Caller have the right YouTube account and person it's his site. .

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
if this guy was white? It would be seen as a brave attempt by white, right-wing extremist groups in America.

But, because this guy is black -- it's all about his hatred for white people in general, not about the systemic oppressive system he feels he's experienced.

What type of white extremist people do you hang out with?? I don't know any right-wingers extreme, white or otherwise that would condone this type of behavior. Either you're dilusional or you need new friends.

Btw- It's looking like this WAS about hatred for at least the cops. We won't mention his likely hatred for whites since that hurts the feelings of liberals. I also don't care how "oppressed" he feels he was. RIP to the three cops he killed.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This is utter nonsense. No one would be cheering for a white guy that was racist and murdered cops. White sovereign citizens are dumbasses too.

It is utter nonsense, lately MM has been very, very anti. I mean VERY!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think I missed this part after "white" and thought you were saying all white people would support that

It would be seen as a brave attempt by white, right-wing extremist groups in America.

Yes, and these recent cop killings are clearly being seen by many in the BLM movement and other areas as being a very positive thing. I don't really think I see your point. That assholes cheer on assholes? I mean sure, if the KKK goes and lynches someone other racist extremists are going to approve.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: misfit312
Wow I think this is his page link

Daily Caller said he went by Cosmo Ausar Setepenra

He's affiliated with the spirit of justice, nothing more, nothing less. Gosh, I hope this isn't the gunman!

convoswithcosmo.com...

Why are these shooters making it a point to say they're not affiliated with anyone?! So weird!

Because they are affiliated with someone. Just trying to lay cover for the group going forward.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

"sacrifices I'm gonna make"

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I could swear that not too long ago, I saw some of the same folks posting in this thread so heartbroken and supportive of our local police forces in this country (and rightly so) defending attacks on Federal LEOs - BLM, FBI, ATF, etc.

I just want to make sure I understand this. So, it's okay to talk about targeting (and to target) Federal and/or State police and law-enforcement officers, talk about overthrowing the government, beating the propaganda drum that a "civil war" is coming, because people have had enough (and for some, the thought of all that making them apparently utterly gleeful) ... but ... when a handful of Black Americans apparently take matters into their own hands, foolishly, targeting local LEOs and police, when some talk about being treated maliciously by city and county governments, may say something occasionally about a "race war" in the depths of their frustration with the apparently inequities of the system ... then they're criminals, dogs, terrorists, traitors, thugs, etc. and all the rest of the utter spew of irrational diatribe here ...

... what's the difference? If it's not simply a matter of race, what is it???

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I could swear that not too long ago, I saw some of the same folks posting in this thread so heartbroken and supportive of our local police forces in this country (and rightly so) defending attacks on Federal LEOs - BLM, FBI, ATF, etc.

Never read the Posse Comitatus Forum?
edit on 17-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Don't know if it was at a WalMart, just saw gas pumps and thought it was a service station type place. I've been in and out on the coverage due to family emergency today.
I did note however, that in the phone video with the woman screaming "Oh my God" a lot and the sounds of shooting"---posted earlier in this thread---she mentioned only "that man", no mention of "those men." She described "him" as all dressed in black. Will see if I can find that video.

ETA: The video is at the top of page 14 of this thread where she says, "This man..."

edit on 17-7-2016 by diggindirt because: additional info

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

On occasion, yes I have.

Is that your answer?

link   

So after watching that video TL;DR needed to get laid and wanted to be seen as an alpha male (he wasn't).

I really am getting the impression that a lot of these people just feel lost and want a cause and so they blow things out of proportion including their own reactions.

The difference between race relations and cops between now and 40 years ago is staggering.

link   

Talking about seemingly inevitable outcomes, and supporting those seemingly inevitable outcomes are two completely different things. Indiscriminate murder of a disliked group is not worthy of supporting. Period. It gets us nowhere. All this shows is that people don't know how to be involved in their communities, local government, no idea how to do anything other than commit or support grievous acts.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

This is the video, I think? This is where they killed the one shooter. And, again, no, they haven't mentioned his car.

edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: UKTruth

Sure he would, by normal people.

I'm not sure if you clearly read my post or not, but this is what I said:

if this guy was white? It would be seen as a brave attempt by white, right-wing extremist groups in America.

So, what's the issue with that? Have you met any of these heavily armed sovereign people?

I have.

Fair enough - yes some other nutters would probably make up some divisive crap if the murderer had been white. But lets ignore them all. No more of this #. Right left, black or white, extremists should be ignored and given none of the limelight they crave.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Disagreeing with government actions, policies and representatives and protesting against that with which you disagree is the same as going out and committing random murder?
On what planet?
Perhaps you might just put down that broad brush of yours and stick to the subject at hand?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Talking about seemingly inevitable outcomes, and supporting those seemingly inevitable outcomes are two completely different things. Indiscriminate murder of a disliked group is not worthy of supporting. Period. It gets us nowhere. All this shows is that people don't know how to be involved in their communities, local government, no idea how to do anything other than commit or support grievous acts.

How about supporting those outcomes by talking about them? Which is what 99.9% of the groups being vilified here are doing.

Sorry, that just sounds like a slightly more sanitized version of the normal "it's okay when we do it" excuse.

I agree COMPLETELY ... murder and violence for political outcomes are always wrong. Period.

No matter who does it or why they think they are justified in doing so.

You know what else "gets us nowhere"? This constant utterly illogical divide between Americans committed by those who claim they are against the divide! We're "post-racial" in America to hear some tell it, except, when someone is taking a stand on racial issues that we don't like ... then, not only does the supposedly hated PC term "racist" come out ... but all the classic dog-whistle purely racist references ... "urban" "thug" "inner-city" etc. etc.

The fact that there are people tired of the inequities in this country doesn't show anything of the kind ... that they "don't know" how to be involved in their communities. Surely you're not one of those who buy into the idea that Black Americans don't care about/never say anything about Black on Black violence??? Surely not.

I absolutely stand against ALL acts of violence, real or merely "talked about."

The only way out of this, for any of us, is when we ALL start doing the same thing: wrong is wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Gryph, feather-head, you know darn good and well that if the government passed a law confiscating all firearms tomorrow and people started an armed uprising, even with some states deciding to move to secede over it ... that you would be among the first to be in here calling those of us on the other side fighting for our rights, possibly shooting and killing in their defense,

... criminals, dogs, terrorists, traitors, thugs, etc. and all the rest of the utter spew of irrational diatribe here ...

and don't even try to pretend otherwise.

And I wouldn't even expect you to do otherwise because that is the nature of such disagreements when they come right down to it.

Didn't you ever learn about the deep acrimony between patriots and loyalists? It got so bad that after the Revolution, many Loyalists either emigrated back to Britain or moved to Canada.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Weren't those Bundy people pointing guns at officers not too long ago?

Sure, they didn't shoot but...just a shot away...it's just a shot away...

edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join