It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

The thing that weirds me out about that is that it seems like cops were WAY freaking worse back then, to black people anyway. I mean you see video of protesters getting ripped to shreds by dogs and beaten mercilessly and sprayed with fire hoses and now a cop nudges someone and it's police brutality. Of course there are still problems, but they seem to pale in comparison to what went on back in the day.

I really think social media and all these phones are a mixed blessing. On the one hand it helps for legit cases of abuse, on the other everyone posts a bunch of crap and gets super riled up before there's any info out (*cough me in this thread).

Yes. I'm not saying there wasn't need for improvement and tactics. Humans are an evolving species.

And I'm not against fire hoses for crowd control.

I've known and heard quite a few people say a cop took them aside, roughed them up, or scared the crap out of them - - - best thing that ever happened to them.

Whatever happened to Personal Responsibility? This "blame game" is a downward spiral.

That bears repeating over and over. One thing we didn't see in the marches of the '60s were leaders calling for others to die. Dr. King wouldn't stand for it. My heart is heavy just to think about the ramifications of the hate-stirring that has gone on. We held thousands of peaceful marches---without violence or mayhem. Dr. King condemned those who wanted violence.

link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I don't get stating a civil war / declaring martial to stop Trump as realistic, considering the electoral college will do a fine job of stopping Trump anyway.

I would like to know about the people apprehended while changing clothes in WalMart, because I have been known to change clothes in WalMart on occasion.........

People!, QUIT Frickin FREAKIN!!!.

link   
One of the people on TV said "it doesn't appear to be race related", so it makes you think the shooter was white. Of course, do we know the race of the officers yet? White shooter-Black cops?

In any case, all this violence is heartbreaking.

Why can't we solve disputes the old American way? File law suits if you think you've been wronged.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think violence is actually the old American way but usually it was a mutual exchange

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I said during the Dallas atrocity that it seemed to be gearing up to be a long, hot, dangerous summer. I take no pleasure in being, so far, right.

At all!

It is hard to see how this can be defused really. Damn people's intransigence.

link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I don't find it realistic either. Doesn't mean they won't try.

link   

About 4 people being held hostage at a Baltimore Burger King by armed suspect who was fleeing police. SWAT team, negotiators at scene.

Any more on this?

Oh good it's getting so common I confused Baltimore with Baton Rouge. Of course two terrible things are happening at the same time.
edit on 1720160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That if is an out war on cops but taking into consideration that is not the public as a whole the one been angry at the police is just isolated groups or lone killers going after cops.

This is going to make those that do not have any problems with the police become vigilantes.

Is no going to escalate as a full citizens against police war.

Unless, unless that is what the government wants.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You obviously haven't read the link.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Baltimore?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Contrary to common belief it's their job to keep us safe.

Actually its not.

Their job is to enforce the law.

And bring lawbreaker to jail if necessary.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

To Me I took it as..... Idiots against cops..... Not blacks Vs whites... Or whites Vs blacks...

Not targeting races just plain flat out cops..

(post by Tardacus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

My brain is having trouble keeping up with all the recents shootings etc. I confused it with Baton Rouge.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Unless, unless that is what the government wants.

I think you are giving government far too much credit here. A government can only control its people if the people subject themselves to the rule of law. If they suddenly refuse en masse...

All bets are off in that scenario.

link   
a reply to: Annee

And if they didn't take lawbreakers to jail like murders, thieves and rapists they would be out in the streets performing the oldest of sins in the newest of ways.

I don't approve of law enforcements heavy hand and tactics. Nor do I approve of quotas and profiling. All that said, I don't approve of murdering cops either.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: roadgravel

That just sounds like normal for WalMart. Joking aside, are they suspects in this case? I would assume so, just want to double check.

Sounds as though they will be checked out by police. Pretty poor decision of a spot to change if true.

AS you say, different day, same stuff for Walmart and the public.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Actually I heard about that one, I did scan the article, but remember, that during the Bush administration this type of talks were also part of the worries of Bush staying in power as a dictator, it didn't happen.

And, is not going to happen under Obama, because let face it, an attempt like that requires for him to have the military lining up in our streets ahead of time and with full cooperation, that take congress approval.

We do have a system of checks and balances after all.

I base my opinion on those facts.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join