It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another Mandela Effect thread (Stephen King fans especially invited)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't really know how I feel about this... at first I was horrified, because I felt that was a story that we could finish, in infinite ways, for ourselves. I thought that was how King wanted it to be. And I have spent too much time pondering things like "does Roland always draw the same 3"......

But, I am intrigued to see what happens in this "official" next cycle of Roland's quest.

(I wanted to name my baby after Roland, but it got shot down)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I don't really know how I feel about this... at first I was horrified, because I felt that was a story that we could finish, in infinite ways, for ourselves. I thought that was how King wanted it to be. And I have spent too much time pondering things like "does Roland always draw the same 3"......

I tend to agree, it even had the 'stop here before reading further' part in Book 7. I may see it, I may not. I am not to thrilled with the casting for the two main leads so I am on the fence at this point.

The best way to have done this is a la GoT and put it on HBO or Showtime.

(I wanted to name my baby after Roland, but it got shot down)

Pun intended?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Pun intended?

-Very much so!

I will watch it, regardless of how little I expect from it. I know that the Mid-World I have in my mind will always be the real one for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

No you don't find the same stories under both names.
He never struggled as an author. His first novel was Carrie. Big hit. Ever heard of it?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ok. I read it over twenty five years ago. The stories are related obviously. He even refers to the world moving on.
Somewhere, perhaps at the end of a novel there was a list of all the books and short stories that related to the dark tower.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It is related since the setting is in Mid-World and it has King's main protagonist, Randall Flagg.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PushPullDestroy
You got confused. There is Different Seasons and Four Past Midnight.
His site
He's alive and still working. He just had a couple come out and owns a radio station as well. It's plays good old Rock & Roll.
Here

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

AKA the walkin dude, the hard case, .

Shows up in a few stories . Usually as R.F. but he was Walter once too.
I wonder who had the initials R.F in Kings life?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Definitely different seasons. I read it more than once.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I wonder who had the initials R.F in Kings life?

King initially cited Donald DeFreeze, primary kidnapper of Patty Hearst, as his inspiration for Flagg. Later, he attributed Flagg to an image of a man walking the roads in cowboy boots, denim jeans, and a jacket, a notion which "came out of nowhere" when he was in college. Flagg's character and the nature of his evil have been the subject of considerable critical attention.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That description forgot the yellow smiley face pin but other than that , that's how he is described in the stand when we first meet him.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Mine was different seasons. Good little book of short stories.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I believe that you may be intermingling the titles of "Different Seasons" and "Four Past Midnight", both of which are collections of short stories by King.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I believe that you may be intermingling the titles of "Different Seasons" and "Four Past Midnight", both of which are collections of short stories by King.

I think you are confusing Diff'rent Strokes (with Gary Coalman) and Midnight Express which was a sex comedy.

At least this is how it is in my timeline.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
ok for all you stephen king lovers, me too, my daughter just bought me his new book, 11/22/63 about a guy who can go back in time to the assasination of jfk, not going to say much more except, i read alot of king when i was younger and over the years, some of his later books didn't compare, but this book now is like the old style writing he did during The Stand, It, and The Dark Half, in this story the character actually has a conversation with Beverly Marsh and Ritchie beep beep Tosier., yes good ole Derry.

I won't say anymore except in pertaining to the op question, yes it was called Different Seasons, still have original copy.

edit on 22-7-2016 by alphacenturi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wow. Thanks. I now know mentioning Gary Coleman answer sex comedies in the same conversation is an awfully effective appetite suppressant.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

hmmm

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

I am going to ask my mom, she has a King library and she has read them all multiple times.

I am also a Stephen King fan.

The Dark Tower series is the best thing I have ever read. What an adventure that was........

ETA: he has always been alive in my memory. He killed himself in a book once though I believe. He got hit by a car, or nearly hit by a car and wrote about it? something like that

eta: I'm from maine.

Actually, he was seriously injured by that car, and almost died. Who knows, if in another universe, he actually DID die...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join