It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The £84000 in Cash. Nice..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I honestly don't know what you mean.

I explained fairly well what I mean and I'm sure I addressed all your points.

- Targeting families or associates of terrorists can only be done via diplomacy.
- Extradition works but will not work if we target families.
- Bombing families/associates of terrorists will create political backlash.
- Radical terrorists, as in those knowing they will die want more conflict. Hence the extremism.

What did I miss?

Now personally the way I see it if terrorism is to have a financial gain, the only way to combat that is to have more international co-operation and less individual freedom. Terrorism knows no borders and like it or not we have to deal with that and the way governments react to it. Now the idea of assassinations and revenge killings is not new to the world, Israel has been known to hold disregard to borders and soveriegnty in aims of taking out the target. Politically it hasn't worked well for Israel.

JAK

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Indeed. In fact I've heard that although it's not cheap, if you can afford it you can book tours to see the wild Unicorns grazing on rainbows.

I'm afraid I'm not sure how your post has any bearing on the point buster2010.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Why doesn't my family members who are abroad send me money?

I am unfamiliar with the "being sent money" familial concept. I was raised to make my own money. Is this a novel concept on a worldwide scale?

If my sister sent me money, in any sum, I would apply it to her outstanding balace, and wait for the front door to be smashed in.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAK

Indeed. In fact I've heard that although it's not cheap, if you can afford it you can book tours to see the wild Unicorns grazing on rainbows.

I'm afraid I'm not sure how your post has any bearing on the point buster2010.

It had the same bearing that your post had and that is none. Saddam was not a terrorist and his kids were considered enemy combatants. So why did you bring up Saddam? Oh yeah he was Muslim so that makes him a terrorist by default huh?

Also here's a bit of info for those that support the great clueless ones idea of murdering innocent family members. We cannot do that because it will be against the Geneva Convention.
edit on 8670000004831America/ChicagoSun, 17 Jul 2016 14:49:48 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Iraq's 1979 Fascist Coup, Narrated by Christopher Hitchens

You should find everything you need to realise your mistakes in that video, particularly the connection between Saddam Hussein and the vengeful reprisals against family members.

The tactic of targeting family members based on that relationship alone is an example of vengeful brutalization, this technique of terror is a course of action which reasoned people and civilised nations should abhor not just because of the whole guilt or innocence thing but also stupifyingly myopic reasoning behind it.

Doesn't matter if he's a Muslim, Christian, Jew or a bloody Moomin.

Feel free to take the above and go through every single post I've submitted in the twelve years I've been here - every single one, word by word, and point out what made you think there was any legitimacy to such an accusation.

No need for an apology, considering the time it will take you to fruitlessly sift through all those posts and the lesson it will extend we can call it quits.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If money can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt to have come from any terrorist dealings, it should be placed into an account to aid the victims of terrorism.

Any family members of any radical should be placed under solid surveillance and investigation.

These are points I think anybody with a modicum of common sense would agree to.

If radicalism can be shown to be present within the family, all culpable members should be shown the door to either repatriation or prison.

I see no reason that statutes could not be put in place to ensure this.

I am sorry, but terrorism is not to be appeased in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAK

Iraq's 1979 Fascist Coup, Narrated by Christopher Hitchens

You should find everything you need to realise your mistakes in that video, particularly the connection between Saddam Hussein and the vengeful reprisals against family members.

The tactic of targeting family members based on that relationship alone is an example of vengeful brutalization, this technique of terror is a course of action which reasoned people and civilised nations should abhor not just because of the whole guilt or innocence thing but also stupifyingly myopic reasoning behind it.

Doesn't matter if he's a Muslim, Christian, Jew or a bloody Moomin.

Feel free to take the above and go through every single post I've submitted in the twelve years I've been here - every single one, word by word, and point out what made you think there was any legitimacy to such an accusation.

No need for an apology, considering the time it will take you to fruitlessly sift through all those posts and the lesson it will extend we can call it quits.

You forgot to drop the mic.

EDIT: Whether we agree or not, that was spot on.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: edited to edit something

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join