It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Place A Few of These Leaves in the Corners of Your House and You Will Never See Cockroaches Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Now here is one I have never heard of. Has anyone tried this ? The article goes on to say you can use fresh or dried leaves. If dried crush the leaves and make a power to sprinkle around in corners.

The Surprisingly Powerful and Natural Cockroach Repellent
Bay leaves are the very best natural cockroach repellent. This herb can’t eliminate them, however it does drives them away quickly since the smell is unbearable for the cockroach. Place laurel branches in every corner of the house.

www.realfarmacy.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Now here is one I have never heard of. Has anyone tried this ? The article goes on to say you can use fresh or dried leaves. If dried crush the leaves and make a power to sprinkle around in corners.

The Surprisingly Powerful and Natural Cockroach Repellent
Bay leaves are the very best natural cockroach repellent. This herb can’t eliminate them, however it does drives them away quickly since the smell is unbearable for the cockroach. Place laurel branches in every corner of the house.

www.realfarmacy.com...

I haven't seen a cockroach since the apartment I had in college, but I will remember this. ty

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I remember reading an article years ago that cockroaches find humans as disgusting as most of us find them (no idea where it was)

Rarely see them here in the UK although i have heard of infestations in hospitals/prisons etc

People here use chestnuts by the windows to keep out spiders.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Fantastic will try as we have a few small ones coming in to escape the cold and the damp.
Loathe them.
I have found live ones 8n the freezer first thing in the morning at work so it survived over night.

I've heard cinnamon wards off ants and also heard baking soda which they take back to the nest eat and explode. Sorry to side track.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Tried that in Florida on those flying bastards down there, and again on German cockroaches after a filthy slob neighbor created a building infestation.

Didn't work on either type, IME. And to be honest, none of the natural or store-bought remedies did, either. The Orkin dude sure did, though. Score one for chemical warfare against nasty bugs.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Rdirected to my wife

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
heres a few olde worldy remedys for unwelcome guests bay leafs for roaches horse chesnuts or conkers for spiders lavender for scorpions salt for slugs the spider one is brill just put a conker in each corner of a room

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, I don't think it will work on our Texas roaches either. Those huge tree roaches freak me the hell out. They probably munch on bay leaves for a tasty snack.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

We once had a problem with the tiny ants getting everywhere in the house. One night I fell asleep with a can of Pepsi on the nightstand. Woke up in the middle of the night and drank some Pepsi. Looked down and the can was FULL of tiny ants!! Disgusting!! Heard about the bay leaf trick right after this incident. I read to put them in windowsills. Never saw another ant again. Can't speak for cockroaches, but I do know that Boric Acid is the most effective cockroaches deterrent I've ever encountered.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have brown recluses. Luckily I haven't been bit yet. I need something to drive them completely out.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And they really add a depth of flavour when added to slow simmering dishes like soup or stews.

That's bay leaves not roaches.
edit on 7172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My son brought home some hitch hikers in his back pack after spending the night at a friend's house that was infested.
These were German roaches.
The internet said you can't get rid of them you can only control them.
It took me a year and almost poisoning my family but I got rid of them.
I got these pads that contain birth control that they crawled over. I put bait traps and poisoned food for them to feed babies.
I tore apart every cabinet, closet, drawer and storage space in my house. I fixed every possible area they could get water and I constantly sprayed under popular hideouts like under the refrigerator or under the stove. Not one was spared. I killed every one I saw and millions I never saw. After a few months their numbers were way lower. I kept it up. Obsessively. Every movement I saw out of the coroner of my eye. Every day. Soon I didn't see any for weeks. Then months then gone.
Ten years have gone since I saw the last one.
They like warm spots and electronics.
edit on 7172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Wow. Are you in the south west? They are native south of Nebraska and as far east as Kentucky but contrary to popular belief have not spread outside their native habitats.
They are very reluctant to bite and will run rather than fight. They are nonagressive.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

I have brown recluses. Luckily I haven't been bit yet. I need something to drive them completely out.

Fire.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Actually roaches add flavor too, in a Thai dish called massa mam curry I think.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Diatomaceous earth

Safe, natural, and kills almost all insects, although not immediately.

Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae.

Diatomite is used as an insecticide, due to its abrasive and physico-sorptive properties.[10] The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate. Arthropods die as a result of the water pressure deficiency, based on Fick's law of diffusion.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Actually roaches add flavor too, in a Thai dish called massa mam curry I think.

Doubtful. Massaman Curry gets its name from Mussulman which is an early way to say Muslim. Roaches would be haram for them.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Yeah ok...thank you... I'll pass...
I can't even eat chocolate jimmies because they remind me of ants.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Missouri. They may be non-aggressive but they can get in closets and they might be in a shirt or a pair of pants and you won't know it til you put them on. I have been shaking my clothes out just in case. I worked with a guy in his 20's and he got bit on the leg. Had to use a cane for months.

I had one on the back of my neck a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I bet that would work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join