It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey threatens WAR with America over cleric blamed for masterminding failed coup

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Tired of bashing on this president. Let's see how this turns out.
edit on 7/18/2016 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is a joke. Erdoghan orchestrated a theatre hypocritically against Israel and now against USA to deceive people. Both Israel and USA know that this is a 2016 movie made by Erdoghan, he is still their best friend in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: 727Sky

Just lovely.

That cleric lives way too close to me. I hope we don't start getting carpet bombed by Turkish army planes.

(kidding - I know our military won't let that happen(?))

Agreed...and we must live close. I'm in the Poconos.

Anyway...back to the topic. To the OP. This is exactly what our government says to other countries when there is a harbored terrorist. Remember Afghanistan? We actually started a war to get Bin Laden. And from rumors only, I've heard this guy (who is almost next door to me) is a real piece of work. I suggest we turn him over and show all the "problem Muslims" that we are more than willing to turn over any proven criminal to another country...that won't give them a trial...that will torture them for endless days...and that WILL kill them slowly and painfully and maybe include their families.

Hell...they aren't afraid of the US government now, maybe THIS will show them that they aren't going to get decades in jail, with free food, housing, medical treatment, cable TV and internet. Instead...they will get pain and death. Might make a difference in what they do while they are here.
edit on 7/18/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
He feels invincible right now.He had a coup put down,shut down a ally's air base and now feels he has proved to everyone in the region that Turkey is a superpower.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
they wouldnt reach a 10 mile radius of the usa before getting shot out of the sky. your defense is pretyyu good, i would not worry.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If you want to reform barbarians, You must support the more moderate and educated ones. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unlettered
a reply to: luthier

And when did that happened?

I don't think he ever claimed to be secular or moderate in fact he originates from an Islamist political background and as a self-described conservative democrat.

The thing is even Talibans were once considered as "moral equivalent of America's founding fathers" so why cant we consider Gulen a 'moderate Muslim'

The Taliban was never considered the moral equivalent of the founding fathers by anyone other than propagandists. If you were to understand enlightenment philosophy you would know why this is true.

Erdogan was always an Islamist, however he used to pretend to be a champion of democracy until his cabinet was busted in corruption charges.

Gulen is an Islamist who is pro democracy, religious tolerance, and for having ethnic representation . Not to mention he teaches the Quran doesn't have a difference in justice for male and females but rather people mis interpret the meaning of passages.

Erdogan is a dictator in waiting.

Though it looks like his big shot is finally here. He is pulling an Adolf. I wonder if he started the school brain washing yet....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think this is a greater political ploy. Obama asked Edrogan to pull this # because trump will say bring it on, Hillary will play cards and they know America doesn't want a modern Conventional war with a nato member.

War with turkey may go in the us favour military wise, on the international relationship stage.. Nail in coffin.

I hope the US doesn't want to remove itself from the global stage with foreign relations.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Are you #ing serious? You want us to capitulate to some third world nation's demands because someone who stands against them is in your state... Talk about being a giant pussy...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: onequestion

Are you #ing serious? You want us to capitulate to some third world nation's demands because someone who stands against them is in your state... Talk about being a giant pussy...

Jaden

Yup sounds like something Obama would do

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: neo96
If Turkey is still allowed to be a NATO member after this?

Our country is ran by idiots.

NATO is not run by the US.

HE who controls the bankroll controls NATO. Psss. its the US who front most troops and money. We leave essentially NATO is done.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why is this prick in my state?

Send em back to Turkey why are we protecting him and risking a world war?

Because we are taking the high road ? Also, from his wikipedia article (yeah i know, its a mortal sin to quote wiki as a source, but i'm lazy today) :

"His teachings differ in emphasis from those of other mainstream Islamic scholars in two respects, both based on his interpretations of particular verses of the Quran. He teaches that the Muslim community has a duty of service (Turkish: hizmet)[55] to the "common good" of the community and the nation[56] and to Muslims and non-Muslims all over the world;[57] and that the Muslim community is obliged to conduct dialogue with not just the "People of the Book" (Jews and Christians), and people of other religions, but also with agnostics and atheists."

He sounds pretty moderate. Should we be tossing moderates to hardliners to be killed? I think not.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Add a little thuggery pressure ?... Being old I can remember a time when the USA would have done more than just talk. Right or wrong...

Despite my limited understanding of Turkish politics, I'd be shocked if the CIA wasn't involved in the coo.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Turkey's President Erdogan refuses to rule out death penalty

www.cnn.com...

Regardless of whether or not God chose to validate or overthrow Mohammed as someone who tried to assume the role of prophet validly or with deception. Islam still requires trips to Mecca to worship a meteorite encased in silver. People rub on this meteorite, bow before it. So, whether or not Mohammed was or was not a prophet Islam is still a violation of the 10 Commandmentments when it requires people to bow before graven images like that meteorite, and kill those who will not violate the 10 Commandment prohibition against bowing before graven images.

Erdogan is in charge of a first world nation which allows a religion to promote killing Christians and Jews who will bow before that meteorite disrespect God's commands to not bow before idols that are made to be bowed before and revered. Only God is to be worshipped, not meteorites.

Therefore the coup initiators if they were initiating their coup for the above reasons and idealogy were acting legally.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Erdogan by allowing the promotion of worshipping meteorites at Mecca and allowing a religion to promote killing infidels who will NOT violate the 10 Commandments and worship graven images like that meteorite is guilty of treason against Turkish citizens.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The guy in PA wants a Turkish government that NOT dominated by religions doctrine. The Turkish President wants the opposite - a government based on religions belief. The guy in PA thinks more along the lines of the USA. The Turkish President is a nut.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

The guy in PA wants a Turkish government that NOT dominated by religions doctrine. The Turkish President wants the opposite - a government based on religions belief. The guy in PA thinks more along the lines of the USA. The Turkish President is a nut.

Thats what I have been saying for several pages now.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The Turkish President is a nut.

Well, he does worship a space rock in Mecca encased in silver despite holding a simulataneous belief in the 10 Commandments which forbids making graven images to bow before.

One of the things that the Israelites were doing in the desert while Moses was receiving the 10 Commandments on the mountain was making a graven image. It undermines God's authority to have only Himself worshipped. Moses got so angry that he threw the 10 Commandments at them.

And yet the Muslims in creating the silver encased meteorite at Mecca are engaged in the same provocation.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

The Turkish President is a nut.

Well, he does worship a space rock in Mecca encased in silver despite holding a simulataneous belief in the 10 Commandments which forbids making graven images to bow before.

One of the things that the Israelites were doing in the desert while Moses was receiving the 10 Commandments on the mountain was making a graven image. It undermines God's authority to have only Himself worshipped. Moses got so angry that he threw the 10 Commandments at them.

And yet the Muslims in creating the silver encased meteorite at Mecca are engaged in the same provocation.

Allegedly it was a rock given to Adam and he created the first version of the Kaaba.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Turkey threatens WAR with America

Haha, go home Turkey, you're drunk!

Hot-headed is the word. Once someone gets an obsession with someone else, they won't let go. Usually it's a projection of themselves onto that person.

Turkey is split into two groups. The moderate group who want to keep religious nuts out of government and maintain secular traditions, and the religious nuts who want to Islamify Turkey.

On too of that you have a population of eighty million who want visa free access to Europe, and a country that is the gateway between places like Syria, Libya and Iraq, and which can turn on and off the flow of immigrants and asylum seekers at will.

Erdogan thinks he can threaten the entire European continent and get his political rivals eliminated on his behalf over this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join