It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey threatens WAR with America over cleric blamed for masterminding failed coup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If the government gives in and extradites this man, there will be backlash.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious
Prior to the coup attempt, Erdog had made settlement offers to Assad and apologized to Russia for downing the SU24. I think Erdog is turning to the BRICS for trade, support and weapons. do not forget that Russia has forward bases in Armenia, not far away...and the support of Armenians who remember their genocide.
And keep in mind Russias Yakhont sea skimming 2000 mph sea skimming anti ship missile.. in range of 2 US navy aircraft carriers. and of course the S400 anti air...likely in Syria.
Now can you really assume air superiority over Turkey?
I think you are seeing a shift by turkey from the Eurozone to the BRICs for trade and weapons. And do not forget the gas pipeline that could go from Iran to the Eurozone through turkey and syria..or from the Saudis.. the Iranian pipeline skips Israel, the Saudi does not. now go back over your references and check for the relation between Gulems followers and the Israelis....
my prediction is that you will find Israel behind the coup attempt. So much is at stake for them....

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster
Erdogan is a Muslim Brotherhood minion

Weren't the Muslim Brotherhood outlawed by their fellow Muslims. And Erdogan is running full fledged country. Insanity!

They executed one of the Muslim brotherhood leaders in Egypt for getting a bunch of people killed or letting dangerous criminals out of jail in a jailbreak. Morsi I think his name was. And Erdogan is affiliated with this group?! If that is true, then Obama telling the Turks to pledge allegiance to the Erdogan gov't is pretty reckless.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky thank you for the link. And world news.
Wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I was the last 500 meters of US foreign policy for 4 years.

I've actually been to combat against Islamists.

What's your resume look like?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

And when did that happened?

I don't think he ever claimed to be secular or moderate in fact he originates from an Islamist political background and as a self-described conservative democrat.

The thing is even Talibans were once considered as "moral equivalent of America's founding fathers" so why cant we consider Gulen a 'moderate Muslim'

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

How's brexit your fault?
Just curious 😊

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2
Ehrm, I was quoting another poster there, asking for a source of the claim that Erdogan was Muslim brotherhood minion.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster
a reply to: Miracula2
Ehrm, I was quoting another poster there, asking for a source of the claim that Erdogan was Muslim brotherhood minion.

I've seen a dozen websites that claim Erdogan affirms the Muslim brotherhood. Are they spook sites like the Onion? How many Onion like websites are there? The whole first page of google search showed evidence for Erdogan being with the Muslim brotherhood.

It's one of the things that makes me understand why China and other nations limit BS on the internet. Anyone can start a webpage without a license and create disinformation.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You can't even get correct information from the mainstream media like ABC news. Or public school history books. I had some guy come to another ATS thread saying that Russia had invaded Afghanistan 30 years ago because that's what his history books taught him.

And yet the Russia Army was invited to fight against Islamic radicals by moderate Muslims.

And they still teach this BS in our public schools.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
a reply to: ColCurious
Prior to the coup attempt, Erdog had made settlement offers to Assad and apologized to Russia for downing the SU24. I think Erdog is turning to the BRICS for trade, support and weapons. do not forget that Russia has forward bases in Armenia, not far away...and the support of Armenians who remember their genocide.
And keep in mind Russias Yakhont sea skimming 2000 mph sea skimming anti ship missile.. in range of 2 US navy aircraft carriers. and of course the S400 anti air...likely in Syria.
Now can you really assume air superiority over Turkey?
I think you are seeing a shift by turkey from the Eurozone to the BRICs for trade and weapons. And do not forget the gas pipeline that could go from Iran to the Eurozone through turkey and syria..or from the Saudis.. the Iranian pipeline skips Israel, the Saudi does not. now go back over your references and check for the relation between Gulems followers and the Israelis....
my prediction is that you will find Israel behind the coup attempt. So much is at stake for them....

Ahh the s-400 Oooh scary. fly below 85 ft you are golden. And the f-22 cant be detected by it until within 25 miles in a full ECM environment. (as in its trying to not bee seen) Word to the wise. F-22 glide bombs can hit them at 60 miles out.

teh Russian Sea skimmer missile is not immune to interception anymore with the Sea ram upgrades and the CIWS tracking upgrades. Also The Carriers will pull back out of their range before striking turkey if need be.
the US will rule the air over turkey if they start something.
Oh and dont forget the missile batteries the US air base has in turkey that can make it hell for eroden to try attacking it.

Of course the US forces arent invincible but we have counters to their counters.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
just another persons take on the Erdogan Drama...

shoebat.com... -is-it-saints-embrace-yourselves-keeping-vigilant-with-oil-in-your-lamps-we/..

I commented in opposition to the sites 'flakey' story BTW

of course Turkey wants power and respect... but they also want-need the USA arsenal & support to keep IS/ISIS as the Proxy Army that it presently is.

the Turk egomaniac, Erdogan, just ain't got the stuff to oppose Russia on one hand and oppose the USA on the other hand...NO the Turk Caliphate will kiss the USA butt to keep the largesse going,,, because the Turks know the Russkies will clobber them at the drop of a hat if Erdogan even hints at a double-deal trick

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If Turkey is still allowed to be a NATO member after this?

Our country is ran by idiots.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Emergency measures have been taken in Turkey's Istanbul, as 1,800 additional police troops were deployed in the city and ordered to shoot down helicopters without prior warning, might have something to do with the 42 choppers that have gone missing

sputniknews.com...

On Sunday, Turkish authorities arrested the commander of Incirlik airbase General Bekir Ercan Van, putting in question US-led anti-Daesh operations that are launched from the Turkish base, as well as relevancy of storing American nukes there.

sputniknews.com...
edit on 17/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
A 75 year old ex-political rival in Erdogan feverish mind becomes Bin Laden.

He’s obviously trying to do to America what they did to Afghanistan, when the US demanded they turn over Bin Laden after 911.

Erdogan’s mind is so easy to read. He has the mentality of a child and a beast.

The sad thing is many Muslims across the Muslim world think Tyrkey is this great country and Erdogan some great noble leader. Largely because they stood up for the Palesintians against Israel.

As for Turkey threatening war against the USA, lol.
Erdogan actually is that nuts. I believe they also told Russia they could defeat them in a few hours or days.

Turkey is that one nation in the region that's going to end up not existing but being occupied and divided. Many of its neighbors...the lands Turkey comprises today is land that was theirs once.
edit on 17-7-2016 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Obama will probably deport this poor moderate, and secularist, to be murdered in Erdogan's Islamic Extremist crusade.

In matters of extradition, there is a protocol which is followed. A request for extradition is made to the Justice Department, and it is evaluated and investigated, to determine if the request has legs. Turkey will have to provide evidence, and then a determination will be made.

This is not the first time Turkey has requested extradition of this gentleman. They jumped up and down about it years ago, and do so intermittently, but have never submitted the request to begin the legal process.

They are now saying, however, that a 1,000 page document concerning his activities has been completed, and will be filed with the Justice Department.

We'll see.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The new mouse that roared.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If Turkey is still allowed to be a NATO member after this?

Our country is ran by idiots.

NATO is not run by the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: Willtell
A 75 year old ex-political rival in Erdogan feverish mind becomes Bin Laden.

He’s obviously trying to do to America what they did to Afghanistan, when the US demanded they turn over Bin Laden after 911.

Erdogan’s mind is so easy to read. He has the mentality of a child and a beast.

The sad thing is many Muslims across the Muslim world think Tyrkey is this great country and Erdogan some great noble leader. Largely because they stood up for the Palesintians against Israel.

As for Turkey threatening war against the USA, lol.
Erdogan actually is that nuts. I believe they also told Russia they could defeat them in a few hours or days.

Turkey is that one nation in the region that's going to end up not existing but being occupied and divided. Many of its neighbors...the lands Turkey comprises today is land that was theirs once.

I don’t know about today but Turkey once had the greatest army in the world

They had a crack army with a unit called the Janissaries that was the greatest fighting force in the world then.
www.allaboutturkey.com...

Therefore, the system of impressing Christian kids taken during invasions of countries (known as "devÅŸirme") was instituted and having been converted to Islam and given the finest training, they became the elite forces of the army and the most disciplined and dedicated fighting machine the world had seen up until that time.

For the first 200 years of their existence, the Janissaries were responsible for the great expansion of the Ottoman Empire. Special laws regulated their daily life cutting them off from civil society such as being forbidden to marry. Devotion to such discipline made the Janissaries the scourge of Europe.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why is this prick in my state?

Send em back to Turkey why are we protecting him and risking a world war?

That "prick" as you call him is one of the few influential western leaning liberal imams left in the world. Obama would probably love to send him back since he loves Islamic terrorists like Erdogan. But he is a US citizen I believe and there is this pesky constitution thing that gets in the way.

I think it's about time we realize that Turkey is no friend. They were implicated in helping the 911 terrorists by an FBI whistleblower. I think we should invade, with Russia's help and give Constantinople back to the Greeks, and reopen the Hagia Sophia. That would be a better outcome.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join