It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey threatens WAR with America over cleric blamed for masterminding failed coup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Unlettered

Actually the Gullen guy was close Erdogan when Erdogan was pretending to be a moderate.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'm guessing they would declare Turkey a No fly zone.

Once they have air superiority send in transports to air lift the Nukes and base personal out.

UK, France, Germany and Greece would also back the USA up as a Radical nuke armed Turkey would not be good for us either.

We actually have air superiority in turkish skies if need be. Operation Active Fence is stationed over there with MIM-104C PAC-2 & 3, plus (allegedly for test purposes) C-RAM. Not to mention USAF presence. It is merely a decision, and nothing moves above Turkey.

Rumour is also that KRZ already examined options to extract our troops out of Incirlik (that is standard operation procedure in the event of intra-state conflict though).

*not that any of this actually matters. Erdogan wouldn't dare to break with NATO.
Turkey needs our moneys - and we can put their asses right back into the 3rd world if he keeps on being Erdogan...
edit on 17-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Erdogan can rattle his sword all he wants, but he better keep it in the scabbard, or we will hand him something that doesnt smell very nice. His ass.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Oh please what is all this big talk? If they continue to be obnoxious, we'll impose sanctions on them like we always do.
Hurt the population more than they already are. Like we always do.

If they want to be really awful, they can make it difficult for us to get our weaponry out of there. Now THAT would be a big mistake.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
hmmm

maybe a false flag within a false flag ant the US wants to get involved ?

maybe its just putin causing trouble ?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Took a play from the Clinton handbook there, blame something totally irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Oh please what is all this big talk? If they continue to be obnoxious, we'll impose sanctions on them like we always do.
Hurt the population more than they already are. Like we always do.

If they want to be really awful, they can make it difficult for us to get our weaponry out of there. Now THAT would be a big mistake.

No this time I have been told we will send Michelle Obama to manage their school lunch programs; that should fix their wagon and make them cry for their mommy !

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: luthier

That's what I keep hearing...this guy is moderate and supports secular forms of government in Muslim countries. Several people in the area have done work at his property and describe an amiable and peaceful man.

But, the problem is that Islam itself promotes the use of deception to achieve Islamic goals. So, who to believe?

Even the U.S.A. names their missiles of death the "PEACEMAKER".

Everybody practicing double speak.

Say the opposite of what you mean.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sabre rattling really doesn't take a lot of balls.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So when is Obama going to surrender to Turkey?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why is this prick in my state?

Send em back to Turkey why are we protecting him and risking a world war?

Are you completely daft?

This is a good, modern Muslim promoting (gasp!) a secular Turkey. I suspect from your statement you are simply naive though and don't understand what that means.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So when is Obama going to surrender to Turkey?

I hope he doesn't give a single inch to Erogden.

But knowing Obama........

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Obama will probably deport this poor moderate, and secularist, to be murdered in Erdogan's Islamic Extremist crusade.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wouldn't be the first nor the last time USA have pulled off a stunt like this.
It seems to me that someone has underestimated Turkey.
Turkey is not some underdeveloped ME country that you can bully around.
I dislike Erdogan as much as any other person, but it's disgusting that we cheer and possibly try to overthrow Turkish government while at the same time we are bending over to royals of Saudi Arabia who are more radical than Erdogan ever will be.
Hypocrites
edit on 17-7-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know I'll catch significant flak for this but the entirety of Asia, Middle East and Europe is a turn key waste land. All we (USA/NATO) need to do is withdraw (turn the key off). You'll miss us and the "controlled blood letting" rather quickly.

Maybe it's indeed time to stall the engine of stability for a while. Turkey is a very bad joke and any stability it enjoys is a fleeting illusion and, at best, a byproduct of US interaction. Er-dog wouldn't live another month if even his own best interests take hold.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atlantican
I know I'll catch significant flak for this but the entirety of Asia, Middle East and Europe is a turn key waste land. All we (USA/NATO) need to do is withdraw (turn the key off).

Nice idea. But, you forget, they are sitting on top of our oil.

We allow them to farm the surface of the land. But, what's underneath, that's ours.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All of you guys talking tough and saying that our military won't take this bs and Turkey does not stand a chance -- you seem to have forgotten who our president is.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
All of you guys talking tough and saying that our military won't take this bs and Turkey does not stand a chance -- you seem to have forgotten who our president is.

No way would the USA let 90 nukes fall into Turkeys hands, with or without Obama permission.

Hell even if the USA doesn't act. UK, France and Germany will as there is no bloody way we are letting Erodgen get hold of nukes.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Blame big bad America for everything... again.

Uhhhh, has anybody seen our dumb @ss political situation????? Seems not. It is all our fault. Black people, cop killings, ISIS, Brexit, global warming, sacrolidge against The Propet, child rape in the Vatican, your bad fruit from the grocery stand.... STFU already!!!

We are all swirling the drain together so we make it out or die. America is only part of the problem... and the solution. We contradict ourselves that way; get over it!

[ETA: Not people in this thread. Just the a-holes who think it is always America's fault]
edit on 17-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: luthier

That's what I keep hearing...this guy is moderate and supports secular forms of government in Muslim countries. Several people in the area have done work at his property and describe an amiable and peaceful man.

But, the problem is that Islam itself promotes the use of deception to achieve Islamic goals. So, who to believe?

Even the U.S.A. names their missiles of death the "PEACEMAKER".

Everybody practicing double speak.

Say the opposite of what you mean.

You believe the person who has tried to advance the seperarion of church and state it isn't rocket science.

Countries like Jordan who continue to advance woman and religious minority rights..

Guys who want women and men and Christians and Jews to all have a place in Turkey. They are the ones getting bombed in mosques by the hundreds every month.

You do understand that Isis is blowing up Muslims at a much much higher rate than any western attacks?

Those are the Muslims who are refusing to join up with the Reavers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join