It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey threatens WAR with America over cleric blamed for masterminding failed coup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A new development in Turkey ? I wonder about the intelligence of some of the supposedly world leaders. Somethings might be amusing if they were not so seriously stupid IMO ! Visit the link for full story and videos.

In an astonishing and reckless attack on the US the Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said that the country considers itself at war with any nation that stands by the US-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen.

He said: "Any country that protects Fethullah Gulen will be an enemy to Turkey."

Moderate cleric Gulen, who lives in Pennsylvania, has been a constant scapegoat for Erdogan who has accused him of trying to establish a “parallel state” to rival his own fiefdom.

Add a little thuggery pressure ?... Being old I can remember a time when the USA would have done more than just talk. Right or wrong...

However, there are reports today that Turkish authorities have shut off access and power to an air base used by US jets bombing Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria as tensions escalate.

The US embassy released a statement saying: "Be advised that local authorities are denying movements on to and off of Incirlik Air Base. The power there has also been cut. Please avoid the air base until normal operations have been restored."

www.foxnews.com...

A little more to this story.. Turkey Suspends All US Operations Against ISIS At Incirlik Airbase, Which Vaults B61 Nuclear Bombs
www.zerohedge.com...

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Incirlik Air Base and Adana Airport Information, July 16

Be advised that local authorities are denying movements on to and off of Incirlik Air Base. The power there has also been cut. Please avoid the air base until normal operations have been restored.

In addition, the Adana airport has re-opened but flights to and from Istanbul and Ankara remain suspended. Please check the website of your airline for up to date flight information before going to the airport.

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just lovely.

That cleric lives way too close to me. I hope we don't start getting carpet bombed by Turkish army planes.

(kidding - I know our military won't let that happen(?))
edit on 7/16/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The U.S. Should trade him for every ISIS operative they've harbored.

edit on 16-7-2016 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why is this prick in my state?

Send em back to Turkey why are we protecting him and risking a world war?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
All quiet on the Northeastern PA Front

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
A 75 year old ex-political rival in Erdogan feverish mind becomes Bin Laden.

He’s obviously trying to do to America what they did to Afghanistan, when the US demanded they turn over Bin Laden after 911.

Erdogan’s mind is so easy to read. He has the mentality of a child and a beast.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My Brother lives about 3 miles from this guy, my dad about 5. My dad told me that there are so many stories about the guy and his compound from local people that he doesn't know what to believe. My brother said that the last couple of days there have been several vehicles with US Government plates in the area. Here are a couple of local stories on this guy...

wnep.com...

www.poconorecord.com...

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why is this prick in my state?

Send em back to Turkey why are we protecting him and risking a world war?

Because he is a moderate Muslim leader promoting the need for secular government to a huge following.

The ONLY way we win this terrorism war is if we elevate modern Muslims to rebuild and reform. It's their countries and we can't police them.

Also the Muslims people were massacred this past month and a half good time to promote a different view for Islam's future.

This cleric is important to spreading moderate islamic narratives.

And no nobody is going to let turkey do crap over this. They don't make their own gear and are surrounded and outgunned.
edit on 17-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That's what I keep hearing...this guy is moderate and supports secular forms of government in Muslim countries. Several people in the area have done work at his property and describe an amiable and peaceful man.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Arizonaguy because: Phone has a mind of it's own

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

We can't stop this crazy stuff without the Muslim people themselves. They are victims as well so the need for inspiring charismatic leaders is important.

It always gets worse before it gets better. Isis is bombing Muslims and mosques who promote ideas rejecting terrorism and jihadism. Turkey turning full Islamist or worse a theocracy entirely would be a devastating blow to secular modern Islamic moments.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Taliban thought the same for Bin Laden though the US is certainly not Afghanistan of course, hence, might is right is the name of the game!

+18 more 
link   
If Turkey wants to throw down against the US they will have a very tough time.

I highly recommend Turkey and their Islamist government roll their BS back before we shove it up their asses.

link   

It seems like he is not taking politics as seriously as one like him should as a leader of a regional power and a key player in the area.If you assume people are so stupid to believe cock and bull stories in this day of age then your in for a big surprize my man......Cheers.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This is called hedging one's bets.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Holy snip.. I talked to my grandmother about 5 hours ago and she said i would hear about this cleric Gulen very soon.

She said a scenario like this happened roughly 30 years ago with another man (from Turkey) that was given asylum here in the USA and was blamed for the coup in the same manner as this Gulen fellow. Turns out, USA wouldnt extradite him and he ended up dead mysteriously.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Unlettered

Well not necessarily. I do I agree to a degree but if you use philosophical principles of liberty this cleric want a secular government and women to have rights. As far as what impact that would have on humanity if executed is not the same as kicking out invading Russians.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Historically that Gullen guy was very close to Erdogan before their dispute over corruption charges and all of a sudden he became the moderate Muslim, that's nice.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yeah, no. Turkey is a NATO member but they REALLY want to be part of the EU. Pissing America off is not the way to go.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Turkey threatens WAR with America

Haha, go home Turkey, you're drunk!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Turkey can threaten all they want. Pity the fool country if it does . Anyone bringing the cranberry sauce ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join