It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma just got rocked by a 4.1?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Pretty good size quake just hit, looks like at least a 5.0, but will know in a few.

Man, those quakes just don't stop in OK. Another aftershock coming in now.

Will report back in a minute.

USGS reporting a 4.1, but I don't think that's right. Looks way too big on the helicorder. I think they will adjust that upwards. That's at least a 4.8 me thinks, but hey, I could be wrong.
edit on Sat Jul 16th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jul 16th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm 1 hour south of the Red River......all is stationary......he....he

cool having A T S for this E Q deally lately next door like......
edit on 16-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

In Big D (Addison) haven't felt anything - but sometimes we don't...hope you y'all are fine.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Damn fracking is breaking a crack i fear. Will only get worse.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yo! Is this a fract? That's heavy for there🤔

Sorry I have an uncle who is an admiral in the Navy that has warned me about the area.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

oklahoma has a navy?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Oklahoma has daily earthquakes from fracking. If it actualy reached 4.8 fracking is causing a bigger problem than usual.

edit on 17-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It is fairly shallow for a 4.1. but the oklahoma ones are always shallow.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

Star.. yes the navy has a New Madrid fault map. Though it's been debunked. That's not actually the case. It's quietly being suppressed. Because it may not happen for years. But it's on their radar.

Spokane Washington has a navy grounds btw.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No offense, TA, but why the hoopla now versus nada on the other 4's in the last couple weeks?

30km NW of Fairview, Oklahoma
2016-07-09 02:04:28 (UTC)
9.2 km

30km NW of Fairview, Oklahoma
2016-07-08 22:29:38 (UTC)
2.2 km

32km NW of Fairview, Oklahoma
2016-07-08 21:31:57 (UTC)
7.3 km

21km W of Perry, Oklahoma
2016-07-17 04:17:59 (UTC)
7.6 km

32km NW of Fairview, Oklahoma
2016-06-30 22:25:03 (UTC)
7.7 km

Link may or may not work for the way I filtered the map.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That is a good question. But he is sort of the 'earthquake whisperer'. I would like to see why when he comes back on.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That is a good question. But he is sort of the 'earthquake whisperer'. I would like to see why when he comes back on.

I know, he's managed to accurately predict (or forecast, if you will) several biggies in the past based off of foreshock patterns. I'm just curious as to why this one trumps the others when there's been bigger, shallower, and even two 4's within hours of each other on the same date recently.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: reldra

I know, he's managed to accurately predict (or forecast, if you will) several biggies in the past based off of foreshock patterns. I'm just curious as to why this one trumps the others when there's been bigger, shallower, and even two 4's within hours of each other on the same date recently.

True. I watch the OK earthquakes a lot. I imagine he had a reason. Just waiting.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Because I happened to be monitoring and saw it come in on my rig. Looked pretty nasty with solid red on spectro. Measurement on the helicorder looked bigger than a 4.1, and you know I've been doing this a very long time. But I suppose I could be getting rusty with estimations. It happened latenight, so we'll see tomorrow or Monday if it gets revised up. If I felt it was just a 4.1, I wouldn't have posted. And there was no hoopla. It was just a post, before USGS reported the magnitude.

edit on Sun Jul 17th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

And if I were yous, I'd keep an eye on the New Madrid. Three quakes all in a line up and down that fault in the last day. Hope it ain't gettin ready to go boom.
edit on Sun Jul 17th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That's why I ask. Is it Fracking or earth? Reldra said it's shallow but it seemed big.

link   
Triple post 😭

link   
Double post🤔

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

That's why I ask. Is it Fracking or earth? Reldra said it's shallow but it seemed big.

The big problem with claiming, or thinking, that it might be fracking in OK is this:

There are fracking rigs all over that state- and yet the quakes seem to concentrate in several specific areas. There are a ton of places there where fracking is happening and yet not a single quake. So if it is fracking in the quake prone areas, the well water might be affecting specific local geologies and inducing the quakes- whereas in other fracking areas for some reason the earth is more stable and able to handle it. I really don't know- but that's my best guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Triple post 😭

Pfft, overachiever

Hey TA, a thought occurred to me. The 3.7, I think it is, off FL's Atlantic coast wouldn't have any possible bearing on the midwest, would it? I know it's a good clip away, but is it still close enough to warrant eyeballing in any fashion?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Yeah, that quake off of Florida is a real mystery to me. Extremely rare. But so was the quake swarm recently just north of Weaverville, NC. I don't think it has any bearing on the midwest, just imo.

Note that one seismologist has warned that we could see more and more quakes in the east part of the US- because ancient, deep faults could be reactivating as part of a mantle regeneration process. My first thought on the Florida quake was underwater landslide- which has been known to happen around there. But I really don't know.

new topics

top topics

join