It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what this is, what do you see? Tennessee UFO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: johndoe1983
Have a look at the other videos though (under that same account). It was moving very erratic! up and down constantly, side to side. stars don't do that?
Stars don't, cameras do, when they're not on tripods.

the camera was on a tripod... it was stable, the only time we touched the camera was to switch it back on (as it kept timing out) it has some kind of 'auto switch off' or something... regardless of this, it was standing still.

Maybe the earth was moving

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I've worked in optics of one form or another for a majority of my life, dad had a printing shop, we did 11"x17" negatives, the camera was massive, my uncle was a photographer for a newspaper. I always had cameras to play around with. Then I got into working on maintaining a microscope for a university for many years, and I'm into backyard astronomy as well. When I look at this photo, I see something out of focus. Classic diffusion rings around a central object. I can reproduce an image very similar to this by putting mars under high magnification and moving the focuser in or out. I use this to diagnose things about the optical train. As such I would be dismissive of such a photo. So my optical knowledge makes me skeptical.

But I used to live outside of Oak Ridge, and I've seen this floating over the X-10 (experimental nuclear) facility. It looked just like the photo. Same color, same weird diffusion light patterning. Several others have seen them as well. One theory personal theory about this was that it was a release of ionized uranium hexafluoride plasma, or some other rare earth mineral since they have a lot there that get machined. The Hessdalen lights are a similar sort of thing. So, I believe your photo, but only because of personal experience.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join