It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just reading a book!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Okay so man was reading a book and apparently was suspicious for doing so... sitting in a car...strange world we live in.
Not sure if this is breaking alternative news?
reading a book
This story really yanks my chain.
The look on fellows face is pure gold,
Like he got through some real strange silly stuff and will be just fine.
Hope he enjoys his book selection in peace.
He is so calm about being reported by untrusting neighbors, yet, not happy...hope he moves somewhere better.
Thanks Source, LAtimes.

edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: not enough protien..losing my mind

edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: tired

edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: okay

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

All I can say is that I am glad it ended well. And says about the same for Canadians as ...well you know the other country.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearnme too! Deep breath out...thanks for reply, I agree.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Totally off topic but read your crickets thread. Saw them on my Russian sage today and thought about spraying. Decided no. they can't do much damage to it and let them be.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn oh that's great news... thanks for letting them be.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Times are crazy. I was reported to the police in the wake of the July 2007 London bombings. I'd parked my car and left it there overnight. At the time, I had a shaved head - no beard - and was wearing a shirt and tie. I'm white with a tan.

The locals had panicked because I also carried a backpack.

The guy in the news report was just another victim of panicky people. Rather than a 'black male,' I wonder if they saw 'brown skin and a beard?' They might have mistaken him for a terrorist like they did with me.

Then again, there are people who are so afeared of dark skin, it's equally possible that he's right and the report was triggered by plain old dumb prejudice.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky thank you for this example of folks jumping to a conclusion on what is suspicious behavior... maybe schools grades 4-9 should teach body posture and hand gesticulating... like Mudra's...so folks can read eathother better?
a head down in a book, should not scream enemy... also, my friend and I used to focus a lot on what decals should go on vehicle..so as not to alert a busy body, nosy person wishing to tattle on their own fears.
Maybe that is what it boils down to, fear of owns own behavior seen in another person..or that egomaniac since of doing right, just in case..? crazy, thanks for your reply...much food for thought... not sure if I will ever get this world exactly, I try.😊

new topics

top topics

join