It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Romantic Thing I've Ever Read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Please tell me how wrong you were, acknowledge it please.

Since you’re reduced to begging, I shall take pity on you. Yes, I acknowledge — with as much condescension as I can muster — that I was wrong. I mistakenly gave you credit for having lifted your name from a book, albeit a bad one. In fact, you lifted it from a children’s role-playing game. My sincere apologies for assuming that you actually read books.

Now, I’m sure you won’t mind if I pick out some of the gems you scattered so liberally in your post, so those who couldn’t be bothered to read the whole lengthy diatribe may enjoy them as I did.

Japanese art is rather simplistic

postmodern art is complete trash

The work of Utamaro...is stylistically closer to comics than renaissance art

the "murals at Ajanta"...are lacking in technique.

mass produced Indian art...is technically superior to this mural (from Ajanta)

And finally, this gem of purest ray serene:

Are you seriously trying to argue that taste isn't an aspect of someone's character. Good luck with that. You're wrong.

I almost wish you were right; it would make life so much easier if all the bad guys had hair like Donald Trump.

edit on 19/7/16 by Astyanax because: Cegorach, or Cockroach, or whatever his name is.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Ah yes, because it's utterly impossible to like science fiction - a genre of books - and still read. I'll let you figure out the inherent inconsistency in that train of thought yourself.

It is simplistic, it's characterised by simple lines and often devoid of shading. This is simplistic, and it isn't particularly surprising either seeing that traditional Japanese aesthetics have been influenced greatly by Zen Buddhism. A simple clean look.

Yeah because there's great merit in postmodern art. Only people that likes to pretend that the Emperor is fully clothed would defend the merit of such art.

The mural I embedded in my post is simple, and not even in a great way. I suspect you pay it respect because it's old not because of any inherent aesthetic beauty. You can find tonnes of greater art on Deviantart.

If you can't see that the work of Utamaro is closer to comics than renaissance art then you have zero judgement. Simple lines, and simple colouring without shading exactly like in comics. Renaissance art is far removed from both in style.

Perhaps you should explain how taste isn't part of someone's character instead of merely asserting it like it actually were true.

character: the way someone thinks, feels, and behaves : someone's personality

This would include how they think and feel about art. You're not very bright are you?

Really.. Cegorach and Cockroach? Funny guy.. I bet you're great at boring people to death. You're not very creative for a writer, I'm thinking you actually run a blog on stamp collecting. I'm afraid that doesn't make you a writer though.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That one wasn’t up to your earlier standard. Art criticism really isn’t your forte.

You’ll really have to do better than that if you want to continue this very enjoyable conversation. I suggest you stick to personal attacks only. You do that quite well.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Saying you are right doesn't make it so. Especially not when you're wholly incapable of arguing your position.

I'm done with entertaining your name dropping and your pretentious childish pretensions, we've hijacked this thread for far too long but I'll put these questions to the test elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Oh, don’t go. Tell us more about art.

your pretentious childish pretensions

What about my unpretentious childish pretensions?

edit on 22/7/16 by Astyanax because: of pretentious pretensions.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You're welcome to substantiate your claims in my new thread instead of making baseless assertions.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion I actually think the writing is utter nonsense and is lacking in character... love is grand and maybe the sentiments aren't tossed aside, like garbage...whoever the two love birds are... hope the love well doesn't dry out and wither away into dust for them... as everyone laughs at the hideousness of it all.
Heckling, thrashing and trashing love into oblivion, as I suggested it is not a spiritual phenomenon, love, it is robotic and scientific and exists elsewhere than here, Earth.
Good luck, member, in finding what ever it is your searching for in this lifetime.
I found love, myself, and am happily with a real friend, he and are super happy and he knows what to say and so do I whenever we meet... so, wish you the same.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Are you still involved with that person? Sounds like an amazing relationship..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join