It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Romantic Thing I've Ever Read

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I ran across the following account somewhere. It sounds quite unusual to me. I've never read anything like it. What do you think?

I was just tossing and turning in bed trying to get to sleep, but I realized there's no way I can sleep now. You've rocked my world. We've already opened a doorway that I couldn't have imagined.

What else is there to come?

I feel like my entire body is burning up with light. I have had the feeling that my body is burning internally for a while now. But, this is the most intense it's ever been. The burning feeling is usually only in my torso. It's throughout my entire body at the moment.

My primary goal in life now is to stay with you for the rest of my life. However, if you choose to leave me, there will be no problems. We can transition into being friends without difficulty.

I just think this powerful feeling I'm feeling right now has to mean that we are supposed to be together. I believe we wouldn't be having these powerful feelings unless we were together romantically. Furthermore, I believe these feelings and experiences will heal both of us and turn our lives around.

I couldn't be happier, and I couldn't be more hopeful for the future.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

With no further context, it sounds like infatuation to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusionlucky person to have met with possible twin flame...that's been debunked so who knows?
What I think is they are under an evil spell..no such thing as love... or maybe there is?
The burning feeling should get checked by doctor.
Sorry, just jealous over this person feeling safe with who they love and that they have met. I wish them all the best.
I don't care for these feelings, myself simply because they aren't being felt by the one I love in return... it's lonely life!

Here is thread on the possibility of what love is..www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: 🎏💌💐💒🎎🎄🎁🎑🎑🎌🎌🎌

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You ran across it somewhere? Cited no source? But quoted it?

If it's a love letter written to you, just say so. Don't be shy.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Posting only to say I fully understand the depths of where the letter comes from. Doesn't matter who wrote it or to whom, it speaks volumes to those who understand.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Read more. Learn to recognize the difference between good writing and bad. This is the latter.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think it's beautiful. Whoever wrote this, wrote it from the heart. I can't remember anyone writing from their heart, whoever it was written to, is very lucky and the writer, a rarity.

Thankyou for sharing that.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

You ran across it somewhere? Cited no source? But quoted it?

If it's a love letter written to you, just say so. Don't be shy.

I was under the impression it was a note written BY the OP but either way, I agree, don't be shy.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm crushed by my love.. It's not a positive thing at all. It toys with me, like a vengeful demon. And I can't let go.

a reply to: Astyanax

Come on now.. maybe it is bad writing, but maybe it speaks to some people's emotions.

Sometimes it's easy to be touched, sometimes all it takes is the right circumstances and even a simple line from a song may seem sublime.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hey OP!

Is this related to this thread of yours: 12-Hour Soul Makeover via an Internet Chat ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm happy for your sake.. either way. Cherish it!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

maybe it is bad writing, but maybe it speaks to some people's emotions.

To be vulnerable to cheap sentiment and hyperbole is not a good thing in any way at all.

Sometimes it's easy to be touched, sometimes all it takes is the right circumstances and even a simple line from a song may seem sublime.

That's circumstances, not writing. Good taste and critical judgement are what prevent us from falling victim to sentiment, momentary impulse and the rule of the mob. This is one of the ways in which it pays to be properly educated.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

We have met before..I see the reflection of my soul within your eyes... a love so deep and binding it surpasses death and follows us to our next lives.. each time I am born you are the first thought within my head..each time I die you are the last as well..

And in every life, I waste so much of it searching for you...and it is agonizing to know that each moment without you is a moment that I've lost ...A moment that could've been spent within your arms or staring deeply into those beautiful blue eyes. But I know you were out there doing the same...searching for me as well. And we never stopped, even though it took years for us to find one another ...it was well worth it for the precious moments of perfect love we share now.

And now that I have you once more..I long for nothing more than to spend the rest of my days by your side and in your arms... making every moment with you full and beautiful ... because every moment without you was so empty and void of happiness

I find the most beautiful thoughts are shared spontaneously..when the feeling is also there to compliment the words. Write them as they come..never force those feelings..as the words sound forced and fake as well.. This may not be beautiful to you..but to the person I wrote it for..when I wrote it..it was

As what you have quoted may have been for you as well..because context is also relevant with regards to what is being written... I'm glad you found beauty within someones words and they touched your heart. That is all that really matters..what those words meant to you...

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 17-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Why does it matter? It doesn't matter.. sure, there's great writing and there's bad writing but if someone is touched by bad writing there's inherent subjective worth in that no matter what other people think..

Good taste and critical judgement are what prevent us from falling victim to sentiment

You only come off as unbearably snobbish.. robotic even. Left brain imbalance I would say, there's worth to be found in poetic emotions.. what anyone else thinks doesn't even need to come into it. Let them judge from their high horse, their judgement is worthless. This isn't about public policy or anything of the sort, this is about the personal experience of someone having been subjectively touched by writing.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

if someone is touched by bad writing there's inherent subjective worth

Oh, it’s not just subjective. It makes the purveyors of bad taste a lot of money. And the world becomes an uglier and more ignorant place with the appearance of each of their hideous productions.

You only come off as unbearably snobbish.. robotic even.

Ah, but do I credit you with enough discrimination (another word for good taste) for your impressions to have any meaning for someone like me? Everything about your presentation assures me that I need not worry about your opinions, since you have gone to such pains to make yourself look negligible. Here you are, with your screen name lifted from an extremely poorly written (though highly readable, I will admit) book by a very bad author, Peter F. Hamilton. Presumably you think it’s a good book, or at least a good title, or else you would not have chosen it. Likewise, your avatar is a messy visual hodgepodge without line, balance or proportion, but you seem to like it enough to let it represent you on line. Like all intelligent people, I judge a book by its cover, and your ‘cover’ does not inspire any confidence in me regarding the acuity of your perceptions.

there's worth to be found in poetic emotions.

Poetic emotion and bad taste are not the same things. Would you like me to recite you some Shakespeare, or would you prefer one of the Romantics, or perhaps someone a little more recent, such as T.S. Eliot, Philip Larkin or Robert Conquest? Or someone contemporary, even, like Clive James?

Frankly, I suspect it would all be a bit of wasted effort. So here’s some Ogden Nash, that well-loved bard of pablum Middle America for you.

The one-L Lama, he’s a priest,
The two-L Lama, he’s a beast
But I will bet my silk pajama
There isn’t any three-L Lama.

this is about the personal experience of someone having been subjectively touched by writing

Cheap at the price, I should say. Like dating someone who has no head for alcohol.

Writing is both my profession and my pleasure, by the way. If I ‘come off as’ anything at all, it is because I intend to. Think about that for a bit.

edit on 18/7/16 by Astyanax because: of something more to think about.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What a ridiculous, ridiculous man you are.. I'm very impressed by your pretentious name dropping though, sincerely.

You're wrong about the name though, and your avatar is a cat.

Someone like you? You say that as if you were superior in some way. I know you from the boards, you're a rigid and robotic materialist, a pretentious snob too it seems. In reality your sense of superiority and importance is a laughing matter, you lack understanding and in the great scheme of things you are insignificant.

I doubt you're truly successful beyond anything transitory. Are you a successful writer? What have you ever done? You are not even aware of what you are or how repugnant you come off as. What's more you are not even aware of how subjective your current personality is. You think yourself superior? Circumstance? The blessings you entertain in this life is nothing but circumstance, that's circumstance for you. You have a healthy mind, you think this is cause for you to celebrate? In the next life circumstance will have you mentally retarded. You are a slave to circumstance and you are a slave to death.. how about that?

If you want to act superior you better be a god, your pretentious arrogance is only warranted in your own mind.
edit on 18-7-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Something to think about..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thank you for that. It was thoroughly enjoyable. You mean it's just a coincidence that you chose the same name for yourself as Peter Hamilton? The prosecution tests, Your Honour.

If you want to act superior you better be a god

Oh dear, no, that would be a frightfully tasteless thing to want to be. Unless, I suppose, I wanted to be a laughing one. Then it would be all right.

Nice to know you've been reading my posts, by the way.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If you're gonna be a condescending ass make sure you're right first. There is no book called The Laughing God by Peter Hamilton, I looked it up and it's called The Naked God. Maybe you ought to prosecute yourself instead. Oh hell, I'll do it for you. There is no book called The Laughing God by Peter Hamilton, the prosecution rests its case.

But by all means continue the bufoonery. You act like the way I present myself online isn't secondary to what I'm actually writing, your first fallacy. Your second fallacy is that of making false assumptions. Like there is no possibility at all that these three words could be used outside of the context of some obscure book you're disparaging. Great detective work there Batman.

As for my avatar, it's actually by a pretty celebrated fantasy artist but I suppose in your snobbery you would contend that artists like Frank Frazetta and others lack merit. Am I to suppose that you're some kind of profound art critic now? I'm sorry you can't appreciate the work of Geoff Taylor but this in itself doesn't say much.

I doubt you have great taste but let me enlighten you about art. A lot of great art isn't technically great like traditional Japanese art or gaudy Indian religious art. I used to dislike the colourful Indian religious art but since then I've grown and now I appreciate it. Art is subjective at least to a degree, it is dynamic and ever changing. You can stick to your Rembrandts and your Picasso if you want to project the pretense of having great taste but I'll sample the wide variety of art including fantasy and even anime.

It's interesting, you have intellect but I sense no intelligence beyond it, no animating force. Just a yawning hollow gap of unconsciousness. Why is that?

Reading your posts? No, not unless I happen upon them by chance. See, you never say anything interesting so I can always predict your view, it'll be the conventional instruction manual for people that lack independence of thought, the widely disseminated and accepted view. But you've been fairly antagonistic in the past so this attack on my character is hardly out of character for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

There is no book called The Laughing God by Peter Hamilton, I looked it up and it's called The Naked God.

I am always happy to do my little bit for adult education. Aren’t you pleased you know how to google now?

A lot of great art isn't technically great like traditional Japanese art or gaudy Indian religious art.

Hokusai, the man whose work had a definitive influence on nineteenth-century Western art, isn’t ‘technically great’? How about Utamaro, then? Tensho Shubun? Sutatso? Clumsy and lacking technique, are they? Kid stuff, eh?

All right, never mind the Japanese. You find the sculptures and murals at Ajanta lacking in technique? How much technique do you think is required to make a fresco last 1,500 years? Leonardo’s Last Supper lasted barely sixty.

How about the writhing bodies at Khajurao? Not technically accomplished enough for you? How about the workmanship of the artifacts, possibly twenty-five centuries old, that William Claxton Peppé found beneath the Piprawha stupa? How about Kushan sculpture? How about the works at Sanchi? Did the men who sculpted them lack technique?

Cheap, gaudy Hindu religious paintings mass-produced in factories for votive purposes are, I suppose, representative examples of contemporary ‘Indian religious art’ in the same way that gaudy, mass-produced crucifixes, plaster statuettes of saints and figures of the Virgin Mary that light up on the inside when you plug them in are representative of Christian religious art. But when we speak of the latter we tend to mean Raphael, Velasquez, the builders of the cathedrals of Rheims and Ely, and the religious music of people like Bach, Mozart and Fauré. History judges artists and art styles by their best examples, not their worst.

But then, you have to be able to tell the difference first.

this attack on my character is hardly out of character for you

What attack on your character? Is it an attack on someone’s character to accuse them of bad taste? When did taste become an aspect of character?

Calling someone pretentious, condescending, a snob, a probable liar, a robot and a ‘rigid robotic materialist’, telling them they have ‘left brain imbalance’ (whatever you think that is), and suggesting that they are lying about their profession — now those are an attack on somebody’s character. But please, attack away. Standing up here on my ivory tower and watching your flaming arrows fall fizzling into the moat is such fun.

Reassuring, too. It’s always a pleasure to be reminded how right one is.

edit on 19/7/16 by Astyanax because: of reassurance.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'm sorry you can't appreciate the work of Geoff Taylor

That childish fantasy daub you posted? I’m not. It’s hideous. Though I’m sure the girls in his paintings all have nice big chests.

ETA: I went and looked. Hardly any girls at all, and the few to be seen were all fully clothed. Makes you wonder, eh?

But never mind, he does pet portraits on commission!

Clearly we are in the presence of a great artist here.

edit on 19/7/16 by Astyanax because: no big chests, sadly.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Aren't you pleased over how wrong you were? I mean you were wrong. Are you gonna acknowledge just how wrong you were? Are you gonna acknowledge how dumb your assumption was? Those 3 words.. surely that combination of 3 words could never show up anywhere outside of some book you can't even get the name of right.

Please tell me how wrong you were, acknowledge it please. Because it's pretty ridiculous when you are this wrong yet you still manage to end your post with "It's always a pleasure to be reminded how right one is." Are you truly delusional now too?

Oh my, another pretentious exercise in name dropping. Are you proud now? You had a chance to show everybody how many artists you know. A little bit immature though don't you think? No one cares about how many names you can drop, and to be honest it's getting to be a little embarrassing at this point. You're like that one hipster kid that can't stop talking about all the obscure bands he knows. You think this makes you look sophisticated? Is that it?

What I mean when I say a lot of it isn't "technically great" is there's a clear difference in how sophisticated their techniques are. Japanese art is rather simplistic as is the art of Nicholas Roerich, this doesn't in any way take away from the potential greatness of the work. The work of Utamaro for example is stylistically closer to comics than renaissance art, with lesser emphasis on depth and almost completely lacking in shading. I was more impressed by Hokusai, the work of Utamaro was rather bland and uninspiring in my opinion. The paintings of Hokusai on the other hand had an abundance of character. They are not however anywhere near close the sophistication of renaissance artists, this doesn't necessarily imply superiority though.

Your post was more than a little condescending, as usual. Are you seriously trying to argue that taste isn't an aspect of someone's character. Good luck with that. You're wrong. Just like you were wrong about that book, making asinine assumptions like that.

That childish fantasy daub you posted? I’m not. It’s hideous. Though I’m sure the girls in his paintings all have nice big chests.

Ha! Is this another case of you being blatantly wrong again? I suspect your views on art are as informed by orthodoxy as your views on everything else is. You would probably praise an artist based on how esteemed he is. It doesn't matter that postmodern art is complete trash, or how overrated the work of Picasso is. The art establishment is full of pretentious snobs that want to project the image that they have great taste. They do this by pretending they of all people can see the true genius in some arbitrary blobs of colour on a canvas, but they also do it by denigrating common artists. Just like you just did.. huge coincidence I'm sure. I suppose what I am to take away from all this is that this immature name dropping of yours is the sign of a cultured mind, not someone desperately trying to seem sophisticated.

As for Geoff.. well, you said it best. Why would I credit your opinion to begin with? It is probably the opinion of other people, Oscar Wilde said most people are other people. I think you are these other people. "Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." This is the essence you project. So why would I credit a hack like you with anything? You are other people.

I just looked up the "murals at Ajanta"..(sigh.. meta: yes he really said that with no hint of irony and then went on a name dropping spree like this was his last chance to justify his worthless art degree).. and you just proved my point. Yes they are lacking in technique. I know for sure now that you don't know a damned thing about art, you've memorised some names and that's it. I'm laughing right now because these murals really are lacking in technique. They're similar to the older medieval European art.. not that far from the work of children.

This is what you speak of when you're talking about great technique? I wasn't completely sure but now I know you truly lack discrimination and taste. Yes, great technique there. And you call the work I posted above hideous. You have lost all credibility and that great taste you speak of is probably the opinion of other people. You have no eye for art at all. In fact that mass produced Indian art you so condescendingly disparage is technically superior to this mural but I don't expect you to recognise that.

Thank you for the laugh.. you didn't justify your art degree but you just justified my nickname.
edit on 19-7-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: I'm laughing at you now..

<<   2 >>

join