It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sagittarius is being destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I found this article on BBC news. Apparantly stars are rushing through the area where Sagittarius is.

That would be weird if Sagittarius was reshapen. Its some pretty cool infrared pictures

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting...but I don't think this is the constellation Sagittarius, it's a galaxy called Sagittarius.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OH... so you are saying that the sagittarius galaxy is running through our milky way galaxy?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hotrod4567
OH... so you are saying that the sagittarius galaxy is running through our milky way galaxy?

That's what the article says:

Using data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey (2Mass) - a study of the sky in infrared light - astronomers are showing that our Milky Way is devouring one of its neighbours.

The analysis is the first to map the full extent of the nearby Sagittarius galaxy, showing how this galaxy, which is 10,000 times smaller in mass than our own, is being stretched out - torn apart and devoured by our Milky Way.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
NOOOO, we can't eat Sagittarius, it's MY sign, then what would I have to call my zodiac sign?

No wonder I feel so weird lately

Anyway...I already knew about this topic though, it's dated 26 September, 2003

What does this have to do with aliens again?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I must of misread. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well that galaxy is relatively close to us. Maybe, just maybe there could be Alien planets around some of those stars.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hotrod4567

Well that galaxy is relatively close to us. Maybe, just maybe there could be Alien planets around some of those stars.

Well if they are of any interest or capability, I think they would have gotten out of the way a long time ago

Osiris

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
NOOOO, we can't eat Sagittarius, it's MY sign, then what would I have to call my zodiac sign?

It would still be Sagittarius. One must remember that when looking at the signs, we do not see the water-bearer, crab, scales, centaur/archer, etc. - but see stars. The signs are human nature projected and programed onto them. (Much like with a silicon chip.) The programming of Sagittarius would thus still be there, even if the constellation wasn't. (For instance if it lagged a sign.)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
this is interesting to me only on the basis that we have conclusive knowledge noted from 2003 that there are abnormal celestial bodies entering our galaxy and potentially even our solar system... im not an avid nibiru supporter or anything, but it seems pretty fishy to me as far as all of the strange things occuring in our own solar system at the moment.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Um yeah, when a larger galaxy consumes a small dwarf galaxy one would expect the dwarf to get deformed, in fact consumed by the larger. It's not the only dwarf galaxy the Milky Way is consuming. No worries though, stars themselves feel no real effects, there is a lot of space between stars even when galaxies collide. Just hope you don't head towards the center of a Spiral Galaxy when you merge, that would pretty much end your little solar system, probably a few billion years prematurely.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1011

I don't think the galaxy Sagittarius has anything to do with the constellation Sagittarius.

top topics

join