It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Rice Links Iraq Withdrawal to Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
In Senate testimony today Secretary of State nominee Condoleezza Rice that the U.S.'s exit strategy for Iraq is bases on the security situation within the country. Rice emphasized that the Iraqi government must be able to deal with the terrorist on their own before the U.S. can pull out its troops. She also indicated that she would work to renew ties under strain from the Iraq war.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State nominee Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) told senators on Tuesday that a U.S. exit strategy from Iraq depends on that country's ability to defend itself against terrorists after this month's elections. She vowed to work to ease ties with allies frayed by U.S. policy there.

The world is coming together behind the idea that we have to succeed in Iraq," she asserted at a confirmation hearing on her nomination to replace Colin Powell in the top foreign policy post.

Stepping out from her largely behind-the-scenes role as President Bush 's national security adviser, Rice said she could not give Congress a timetable for American disengagement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nothing like talking for 5 minutes and saying nothing. However, politics aside, at this point in the Iraq situation, we need to stay the course and see thing to their conclusion. there is little point in leaving the country now to let it become overrun with Jihadists.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've been watching this for most of the day, and if I were an illegal immigrant from Mexico that hasn't watched Condi's antics for the last 5 years, I'd think she'd be great. Senator Boxer seems to be the only one to recall her fear mongering of the mushroom cloud need for war. I thought for years that she just wanted to get into a position where she could do some good. It's plain, now, that she is a full flegded member of lieing, neo-con, war-mongering son of a b------.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That sounds like we are going to be there for a very long time. So basically the Iraqi army will need to be as strong as what we got out there right now?

join