It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drummers of ATS , Prepare to be dazzled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Mind blown.

Tom Sawyer at 15

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice to see talented youngsters, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There are so many talented folks who play like this. I've always wanted to see some really good collaborative work between band members who've never met face-to-face.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
She's good, no doubt, but they've dubbed the Van Halen drums over hers.

Her rhythm is tight, and he footwork is excellent. Unfortunately, they've amped up her drums about as far as the inputs will take; she doesn't have enough weight to really hammer the drums. She's got AWESOME rhythm. but to play the "big show" you need POWER! And that "power" equates to weight and impact.

Alex Van Halen "hammers" the drums, as does many other artists (Toto, Crue, etc.). It's incredible how hard they hit those drums; their skins are thick like armor...they just "beat" on them. It's why these acts shine in concert the way they do.

I used to work in radio and the recording industry. Anything is possible in the recording studio, you can manipulate anything (i.e. sound pressure, noise reduction, etc.), but in real life, the real "hammer drummers" are what make the shows!

A good drummer is the hardest job on the crew.

I've heard bands with 250,000 watts of power going to the PA's, and you could hear the drummers over everything....

Phil Collins comes to mind.

The gal in the video is talented, no doubt...but at the end of the day, "tapping" and following...doesn't count!

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That was awesome. Thank you!!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There are some excellent young female drummers out there, but FCD above me is right. The young ones coming up are going to be compared to the likes of Sheila E, Cindy Blackman, Carla Azar, Roxy Petrucci, Jen Ledger, and so on. All veterans. This girl is good. I hope she stays with it, and becomes one of the big names among female drummers.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Officially impressed.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow! I think both John Rutsey and Neil Pert would be surprised at her footwork and offbeat strikes.

Thanks much for sharing the up-and-coming drummers! I SO much want to see Sina in a modern rock group where she can define her own space and talent.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
lucy landymore playing the black page. if you dont know, the black page is not an easy piece of music to play.

en.wikipedia.org...

Zappa noted the "statistical density" of the piece.[2] It is written in common time with extensive use of tuplets, including tuplets inside tuplets. At several points there is a crotchet triplet (sixth notes) in which each beat is counted with its own tuplet of 5, 5 and 6; at another is a minim triplet (third notes) in which the second beat is a rubato quintuplet (actually a tuplet of 7), and the third beat is divided into tuplets of 4 and 5. The song ends with a crotchet triplet composed of tuplets of 5, 5, and 6, followed by two tuplets of 11 in the space of one.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Flagg coz it's so cool to have music......
I guess ya'll go check when the levee breaks, by the four girls........the drummer is Clementine...
:cheers

Zepparella
and good God look out
edit on 31-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing. It'll be interesting to see her cover Bloc Party's So Here We Are, Banquet or Helicopter... or maybe any piece by the Japanese math/post rock band Toe.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join