It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosions and gunfire at Incirlik airbase.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But the media would never lie to us, right?

That's funny because we have to sources that back up our claims typically here and so far that's what these sources are claiming.

It's better than making claims without a source based on speculation from experience.

It may turn out to be nothing but until I read otherwise then this is what we are to believe.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

And Turkish officials pulling the power? normal lockdown procedure?
Turkish officals openly blaming the USA for involvement?
surely not in the script.

Yeah cutting power to the Nuc base for safety purposes.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So if enough people report it then it's fact. Who cares that they use the same source, or that they spin things to say what they want it to say. It's fact.

You have fun with that, and enjoy your night of outrage over a non-event.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
would there not be a strict protocol of who goes in or out of the airbase under weapons load?
would this not give reason for Turkish officials to suspect US personnel involvement given this is a US run airbase?
edit on 16-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Gunners have been known to get trigger happy. All it takes is one seeing a radar return out of Incirlik, and hitting the button, and we have an aircraft down.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If your not getting your information for what's happening from news sources where are you getting the information that your basing your perspectiv from?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm not getting my information by looking at media sources and yelling "the sky is falling!" Or deciding that the media, who spins things all the time, is right this time because it's being reported at multiple media sites.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

"Gunners have been known to get trigger happy. All it takes is one seeing a radar return out of Incirlik, and hitting the button, and we have an aircraft down"

Does this happen in Utah?

edit on 16-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Did Utah have a recent coup attempt? For that matter, exactly what antiaircraft missiles are deployed to Utah?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

So you're not getting your information from the same media as us?

It's just totally wild speculation?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You all confuse me a lot.

Erdogan Reprisals

Is this story badly out of date?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No, unlike you, I'm not looking at the media, and jumping to their tune.
edit on 7/16/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So how do you even know this entire Turkey thing is even happening at all??

Why even bother commenting on the thread if it's all just wild speculation and it's not even happening?

The media just made it all up anyway...

The speculation you're doing is based off of the same information the rest of us are getting from the same media sources.

edit on 7/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
That is sensationalised dribble. Can you honestly see a force of 1500 to 2000 people who are armed and have air assets being held hostage? What about the germans on site do you think they would just be left alone? Or allow that to happen? Some air crews loyal to the coup are probably behind the wire and some harsh words are being exhanged seeking their release and arrest. The headline is misleading. metaphorically speaking they aren't being held hostage never mind in the literal sense. No nukes are being stolen. No US servicemen are being held hostage. That would be suicide for Turkey and they know it. Whatever Erdogan has planned for Turkey I don't think it is looking good. But I don't think he is stupid enough to bring the full wrath of America down on himself. There would be a NATO taskforce all over him before the end of the week and a standing conventional military force is easier to decimate and take apart than an insurgency. If flights have been grounded that has probably been the call of an American not a Turk for safety reasons. The way the Turkish military behind this coup have acted towards the CIVPOP is barbaric and the country really needs to sort itself out before it ends up going the same way as its neighbour to the South.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I have a question for you...

What are their rules of engagement in this situation??

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Who? The Turks or the Americans? The US ROE will no doubt be to keep to themselves unless there is an immediate threat to their own lives.

I highly doubt there is going to be any kind of open fighting between two NATO members. Erdogan's beef is with his own people.
edit on 17101642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

Who? The Turks or the Americans? The US ROE will no doubt be to keep to themselves unless there is an immediate threat to their own lives.

So technically they really wouldn't even be able to fight back without the word coming down for the higher ups?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Not quite. The word will have been passed down already. This is a matter for the turks to solve themselves do not become involved. If your hand is forced then defend yourselves but nothing more. Those sort of orders are given in advance so everyone knows where they stand.
edit on 38101642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01101642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

So they are sitting ducks with 50 nukes on board?

Bad idea.

Poor choice by our military.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have been to Turkey when I was in the military in 1982.

I really am not sure what it was we were doing there, as we were training in Germany and were called away from that to jump into Turkey, Northeast of Istanbul. We were not there long, and when we left it felt as if we were being run off.

Nothing happened but the tensions were pretty high.

Turkey is a very important jumping of point for operations in the M.E. and I think Erdogan is turning toward supporting the more islamic form of government, leaning more toward supporting those the U.S. is fighting against.

The Turkish military was fighting to keep the country and it's government more secular as it always has and if Erdogan is against them it would probably be a bad thing.

If we lose Turkey as an ally, we may be pretty much screwed in the M.E..

Aside from the little we get on the media, which isn't much, I think this coup failing may be a bad thing. Especially if Erdogan is actually making noise that the U.S. was somehow complicit in this coup and wants extradition of that guy he used to be pals with that lives in the U.S. now. His buddy was the more secular of them. Yeah, Fethullah Gulen was the name now that I think of it....

This may be bad.

edit on 16-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: qwsdf

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join