It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosions and gunfire at Incirlik airbase.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

There is no need for US troops to be involved. Incirlik is one of the main Turkish bases. And you wouldn't need hundreds, you only need enough to prep the aircraft, and launch them. They were launched on valid missions and then went transponder out.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You magically know they were on valid missions? lol

42 helo's, A tanker, jets in the same airspace need vectoring and support
Turkish authorities blaming the USA, coincidence?
I have a bridge to sell you,

edit on 18-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

And you need one pilot for each fighter, three crew members for the tanker, and two crew for each helo. In addition, you need 4-5 ground crew to arm the fighters, one each to refuel the tanker and fighters, which might have already been fueled, depending on when they were scheduled to fly. A hundred people could pull it off, and by no means would need US support.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Come on Zaphod you know you need plane captains and everything.

What about round the clock maintenance crew?

They can't have downed aircraft.

Who protects the nukes?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I've launched hundreds of F-16s and KC-135s and all we needed were a small (1-2 person) maintenance crew that checked the aircraft over prior to the pilots coming out, and doing the exact same thing they did.

The aircraft are checked over after landing from the previous mission, and any maintenance problems are resolved then usually.

What do the nuclear weapons have to do with how many people the Turkish forces needed to pull this off?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
very muddy why putschists do not dropped the plane of Erdogan, and why he first (not tested infa ) call Putin

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I used to work in maintenance control it takes more than 2 people to keep an aircraft up

Avionics AOs AZs I mean the list goes on and were talking more then two people per shop and this is for squadrons with 10-14 aircraft working two shifts just to keep the jets up let alone when they are actually flying missions constantly

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You don't need more than a small crew to launch an aircraft that's Code 1 or even Code 2. You're not going to send a team of techs to work on a jet that doesn't have writeups to fix. The crew chief will go over the jet, and make sure there aren't any problems. You need a larger crew if you have a Code 3 or 4 jet, but even a Code 2 jet can fly the mission and only needs a small crew to launch.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

What about inspections?

Every shop has to sign off on 7 day inspections

Honestly it was rare for me to NOT get a MAF for an aircraft after flight.

Pilots especially love to create useless MAFs for anything

Those references are followed to the T

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Except that we're talking about launching aircraft. You don't need to do anything but a preflight walkaround and systems checks to launch an aircraft. You think the Turkish maintenance crews didn't check their aircraft? You think they just let them sit on the ramp and didn't bother to do required maintenance? You don't need avionics crews to check them over before launch.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yes but in order to launch an aircraft it has to pass inspection.

There are a series of inspections for each aircraft from the amount of hours its been flying to 7 day inspections and so on that I'm sure your aware of.

They also have to UP in order to fly in the first place they can't launch a down craft.

Do they have Turkish maintenance crew maintaining our aircraft and trained on maintaining our aircraft?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

And what do you think they were doing before launch? Do you think that they said "Oh, these aircraft are going to be used for a coup attempt, so we're not going to work on them"?

Of course they know how to work on them. But they're not our aircraft, they're their aircraft, based on one of our designs. They built many of their F-16s under license in Turkey, through TAI, and have done structural upgrades, and MLUs on them. Do you think that they're going to buy fighters from us, and not learn how to work on them, and we have to send people over to do it for them?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Actually yeah I bet we did send a squadron here on detachment to get everything setup

If not an entire squadron then most of one

You can run a squadron with a handful of people that's ridiculous

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
They use the same airframes
such as the f-16 and Blackhawk
I would imagine regardless of nationality, if one has the credentials he/she would do the work.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Seriously? Turkey has almost 250 F-16s, and we sent an entire fighter squadron there to pretend to be Turkish aircraft?

Wow, just wow.

And you don't send an entire squadron on deployment. You send between 6 and 12 aircraft tops.

Yet again, I never said you could, I said you could LAUNCH AIRCRAFT using a handful of people. There's a massive difference between maintaining them and launching them.
edit on 7/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Your suggesting that the Turkish military is equipped to maintain the aircraft but does not have qualified PC's to launch them?

COoommmmeee oonnnn....

Have you ever actually spent any time in maintenance or is it just the officers lounge???

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Jesus, there's no point in even trying to discuss anything with you. I never once even came close to suggesting that, in any post I've made.
edit on 7/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

you only need enough to prep the aircraft, and launch them.

Please quantify prepping an aircraft

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Once again, to launch an aircraft, as in to take an aircraft that is ready to go, and sitting on the ramp prepared to fly a mission that it's scheduled for, you need to do the walkaround, systems checks, engine start, navigation alignment, and if everything is good, taxi and launch. You don't need a full avionics crew, or any other techs for that.

I'm only talking about the actual launch process of aircraft that are ready. Nothing whatsoever to do with broken aircraft, or anything else. Why is that so hard to understand? Either you're deliberately misunderstanding, don't care to understand, or are just arguing to argue.

Turkey has full maintenance crews that do all the checks, all the maintenance, and everything else the aircraft requires, as they are required. You don't need them to go out on the ramp and launch the aircraft though, unless it breaks at some point during the preflight process.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join