It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosions and gunfire at Incirlik airbase.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
a reply to: onequestion

ultimately the reason Turkey is an ally (in my opinion) is to give western governments a foothold in the Middle East. Our position in the ME is about natural resources and always has been. For that reason I don't see western governments giving up alliance with Turkey easily. Erdogan will probably use that to his advantage. If he does want to reshape things there for better or worse I see a blind eye being turned towards him doing so. Look at Saudi Arabia. Pretty barbaric things happen there and America is still sharing a bed with them. If Erdogan was to turn his back on the US and start looking east Putin would welcome him with open arms. At that point I would see a coup happening and this time it wouldn't fail because it would have CIA support. That's my view on it anyway.

Your right but tides have turned.

The us ia the largest oil producer. Energy is changing slowly as well.

The attacks I think are turning the blind eye clear and wouldn't be surprised if we turned a blind eye to the coup because of it.

We just made a deal with russia.

There is already instability in Turkey why not help tip the scale back toward secularism whenever the opurtunity presents itself.

Your right about the nukes. If they were threatened we would see very fast the difference in equiptment and operational capability.

Erdogan has to go. He tried to lure the west in as a moderate and then as he accumulated more political power became the totalitarian.

Now he is firing 3000 judges. To stack the benches even more for the trails of these soldiers who technically if represented well may have been doing their job under Turkeys constitution.
edit on 16-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Simple.. he was gone prior to this. He knew this was going to happen. As did john Kerry, Putin and Merkley.

Its been reported that John Kerry had an emergency meeting with Putin the night prior. I would like to think it's true. But I don't trust Kerry or Putin. So that's where I get stuck. If anybody could confirm this... I would be greatfull. As trying to find the source I had just disapeared. Also the 12 military sites I had saved also received in the last 2days I'm guessing per Turkey, a thorough scrub of the land... looks like fuzzy snow now.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Problem reaction solution.

I cant help but notice this is all coming on the heels of the BRexit vote.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You aren't acting under any constitution when you are spraying civilians with 20mm and running over them in the street with armoured vehicles.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Problem reaction solution.

I cant help but notice this is all coming on the heels of the BRexit vote.

I don't think this is unusual at all for Turkey or in relation to the last decade of Turkish directional change in political philosophy or economics quite frankly. The short term loan debt is outrageous. A coup has been talked about since last election.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Not sure, it feels if anything. Erdagon will flip flop as turkey has done before. And put itself in alignment with the moderate Muslims. If the rest of Turkey is ok with this. Then God speed and bless them. But as I watched this happen, and decided not to log on here.
I truly feel I'm witnessing the act of a power hungry man with paranoid delusions.

He has been demonstrating the crack down of personal freedoms for sometime. He emediatly sought out an old emissary here in Pennsylvania.
And by removing the justice system in Turkey. Tells me clearly he wants total control till he can pass it on.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

No Turkey is a sacrificial goat, the serbia of ww1. Once Turkey pivots towards the arab league and/or Iran which it will when it gets denied EU membership. Once denied it will release the refugees and thus will be kicked out of NATO. Then the pieces will be in place for a war of ISLAM vs WEST.
terrorist attacks, failed coup, released 9/11 report all rumbles of what is to come.

I also believe Russia will join in on the WEST side if Trump is president which I believe he will be.
The war will cause a domino effect of market collapses and a general worldwide economic collapse. China will be immobilized by unrest. India back into civil/religious war as they have for 100's of years.

In the meantime expect increasing frequency of terrorist attacks. expect western opinion to swing against multiculturalism and swing towards in group preference. expect talks and action of muslim immigrant bans, already starting. expect talks of voluntary paid deportation to start coming up.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Russia is prophesied to invade Turkey during the battle of Armageddon.

They have moved hundreds of refugees into my small PA town in the last year alone.

Given them money to open up a few shops where they only burkas and other things for Muslims.

Two years ago I'm not sure there was a single Muslim here it's an old polish/ russian/ irish immigrant coal mining town. Mostly catholics and christians. Lots of Jewish people.

Muslims were unheard of, then they ran an article in the paper about a single Syrian family and BAM hundreds and hundreds of refugees all over town.

It's so weird to watch.
edit on 7/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

You aren't acting under any constitution when you are spraying civilians with 20mm and running over them in the street with armoured vehicles.

The military was fairly restrained compaired to Erdogans bombing campaigns.

It's a tough situation because Erdogan has taken away democracy by eliminating decent in the judicial, law enforcement, press, and the last piece was military.

So what do you do let it happen? Let him fire everyone who doesn't agree, while creating a bubble economy to pump up his Islamist supporters and pacify the general public. Well the bubble is at the end and he has shown his true colors so there is a legitamate concern.

Bloodshed is enivetable. The military was certainly not opening fire with the intention to murder civilians. They could have mowed down 1000's if there was no ethical considerations.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Turkey wouldn't be a sacrificial goat if they didn't have a president who wants to be a dictator of an Islamic empire.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Sheesh dude! I thought you were in Norway. Now it sounds like you're here in Pittsburgh πŸ€”

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm closer to Jersey on the otherside.

You guys have the same thing happen over there?

I spoke to another member who lives in PA that has an entire Syrian section of town now.

The good thing is in PA we like our guns and we like to fight so there won't be any pushup over raping and taking over towns type of things that they are having problems with in Europe.

Everyone here has been pretty normal so far as I can tell.
edit on 7/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm closer to Jersey on the otherside.

You guys have the same thing happen over there?

I spoke to another member who lives in PA that has an entire Syrian section of town now.

The good news is if they are Syrian families burkas probably aren't a big thing.

Before the civil war syria was a pretty moderate in many ways Muslim nation. Not a lot of burkas, women could go to college with men. Prob see the hijab but I don't think it was required to wear. It's not in Jordan either.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yes. Etna, Sharpsburg, and a few others here in Kennedy.. please don't be unkind to them. But having known you. I know you wouldn't. I gotta be honest. I made some friends the last 3 years. And I feel like I have a family. Not to be stereotypical. But these guys and gals purchased the7/11 or other Mini marts. Best God damn service ever. I have them here almost everyday... thier eyes exude peaceful reflections.. they make me happier than my own friends.

I don't know about where you are... but these folks are vetted.

5 of them come from the Philippines
edit on 17-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Thanks for that inputπŸ˜‰

Don't blame me. I like youπŸ˜„

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
xakac.info... Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said that Incirlik airbase row of employees were arrested on charges of complicity in the rebellion
edit on 17/7/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
From twitter:

The Int'l Spectator ‏@intlspectator 6m6 minutes ago

IMAGE: Turkish general being arrested at Incirlik Air Base

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 9m9 minutes ago

PHOTOS: Commander of Incirlik airbase has been arrested along with 10 soldiers and 1 police chief - @sendika_org

The Int'l Spectator ‏@intlspectator 14m14 minutes ago

BREAKING: Turkish authorities detain generals at Incirlik Air Base being used by US and NATO

euronews ‏@euronews 25m25 minutes ago

#BREAKING Turkish detentions in relation to failed coup attempt expected to exceed 6,000. (Reuters/Broadcaster NTV)

Apparently loyalty is the word of the day.
Turkey 'Arrests 6,000 People' Over Coup Plot
edit on 17-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder if the coup was being quarterbacked from Incirlik. The government would not want any rebel faction to control an air force base, that's for sure.
edit on 17-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I doubt it, this is more like a staged coup in which young turkish soldiers were the useful idiots for the benefit of Erdogan's regime.
So while it is being said that the coup was a failure, it in fact was highly successfully staged.
It has paved the way for Erdogan to do a broad cleansing in the army and justice.

The fact that he addressed citizens to rise up against the army of Turkey should be a red herring.
Also the fact that there was a supposed attack at the motel with a helicopter that fired at the hotel where Erdogan was on vacation.
Of course it did happen, it was planned so and Erdogan was safe in the air in his government aircraft.
This aircraft landed at ataturk airport which was said to be taken by rebel forces.
There were two f16's in the air, a few helicopters, yet Erdogan's aircraft was visible because of the transponder signal and flew towards Ataturk airport.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I worry about them doing the same to my small town. A german/irish town in michigan. Big catholic church on one side of the river, a big baptist and a big methodist church on the other.
The town has maintained its old downtown and still has that sense of community

@Luthier

muslims have been trending to more radical sects and are more vocal. The secularist just bend over and take it. In even number Islamist will dominate secularist because secularist do not have the drive to do what needs to be done. Religion gives islamist that drive to dominate.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join