It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 signs you've become a political fanatic (from interesting webcomic I found)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I found an interesting webcomic and I thought of you guys, (link here ) on this page it lists warning signs that you have become a political fanatic such as "you use your ideology to redefine word to your advantage" and "you believe that if your ideology takes control society will become a near perfect utopia".

I'm finding myself agreeing with its message, how much do people think fanaticism for political ideology is blinding people?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir
Forgive me, I didn't go to your link. The reason we have become so "Politically Minded" is because Our Fiends we Elected in DC, SOLD US OUT. Bankers Little Helpers, every last one of them and they've got US taking it out on each other.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
1 out of 12 ain't bad.

I am not a political fanatic.

I do redefine made up words by my opponents to my advantage.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Zero..wow
I was scared to read the link.(what if a internet "test" said I was a politial fanatic)
I lol'd at the part ''You believe that if your ideology takes control, society will become a near perfect utopia"..man..if my ideology took control we would all be farmers in the stone age (not that there's anything wrong with that).I would only feel sorry for all the space exporations we would miss on.

ETA: sorry for the bad english (I think).It's not my natural language.
edit on 16-7-2016 by saudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
whoops
edit on 16-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
so what if I intentionally embellish the views of opponents.....I'm a dad gum Texan.....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

Keeping us divided to control us is clearly a tactic used against us to keep us from paying attention. I agree with the message in the comic fully.

Thanks for posting the link. I enjoyed that.

I find these particularly timely.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well that's a relief. I was afraid for a minute ...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Political fanaticism isn't just limited to the US though or the modern day...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think all decades have their equivalents of those 2 panels even in the early 20th century you had communists and anarchists acting like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Many people seem to believe that for a government to function, full compliance is needed to a certain ideology, many times people derive their choices from a sense of fear of losing something instead of information of possibilities given by every event that happens and personalities that appear. If we are psycologically healthy for personal matters, we must be psicologically healthy for societal matters.

I found that a great majority of people, myself included seem to distrust the inherent underlying unity of events that happen and therefore an escision temporally appears between the individual personal psycological system, whereby a person is healthy if you meet them personally but displays a severe case of obssesive compulsive disorder for societal matters or they display a bipolar disorder in societal matters. What this behaviours have in common is that the individual appears un able to integrate personal reallity with family with society.

new topics

top topics

join