It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan Going Crazy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The Counter-Coup Begins: Erdogan Purges 2,745 Judges, Prosecutors; Arrests Hundreds

www.zerohedge.com...

Last night, a poorly organized, badly planned, quasi-coup took place in Turkey which led to Erdogan further retrenching his authoritarian position in the country. This morning, the president's own "counter-coup" began with the purdhing of 2,745 judges across the country, as well as the issuance of arrest warrants for 140 appeals court members. Erdogan's path to full, authoritarian power is now open.

Turkey Accuses US Of Being Behind Military Coup, Demands Extradition Of Cleric Gulen

www.zerohedge.com...

Turkish President Erdogan has called on the United States to extradite Fethullah Gulen, a US-based Muslim cleric he accuses of being behind Turkey's failed coup attempt. Moments earlier Turkey's Minister of Labor went one step further, and accused America of being behind the coup on live Television, as it was harboring Gulen.

Gulen, as those who have followed recent Turkish history know, is Erdogan's quasi-imaginary bogeyman nemesis; Erdogan has repeatedly accused Gulen of plotting a "parallel state" whose intention is to overthrow Erdogan, and has used that strawman narrative as justification to expand his powers and to push for a shift from a parliamentary to a presidential regime. Gulen wrote in his blog that "As someone who suffered under multiple military coups during the past five decades, it is especially insulting to be accused of having any link to such an attempt. I categorically deny such accusations."

If you ask me Erdogan himself is behind this ill conceived coup.

All to get sympathy…and as an excuse to do what he’s doing now, purging and the sure executions to soon follow.

This to me is Erdogan’s Reichstag fire

Turkey will become a dictatorship soon. And that will add to the universal insanity that is going on under Obama’s wise and stable regime (facetious)

Trump or Hillary next.

God help us!

edit on 16-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

The US has 50 nuclear bombs in this madmans country!

Wtf is that?

ISIS right on the border and they have 50 nuclear bombs in that nut house Turkey!

That said it all folks.

When earlier today we reported that Turkey has closed the airspace above, and suspended all US-led air missions out of the giant Incirlik airbase (which houses some 50 US nuclear bombs), we said that there is speculation the "airbase may be held "hostage" by Ankara as a bargaining chip ahead of demands for the extradition of Erdogan's arch enemy, Fethullah Gulen, currently a resident of the state of Pennsylvania." A few hours later this was partially validated when during a televised speech, Turkish President Erdogan called on the United States to extradite Fethullah Gulen, a US-based Muslim cleric he accuses of being behind Turkey's failed coup attempt.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We discussed the possibility last night but this is looking more and more like a false flag.

How did he arrest and target so many, including judges, in such a short period? It's as if he knew exactly where his opposition was and what he was going to do well beforehand.

Now he gets to cut out his secular opposition and hand himself more authoritarian powers and edge Turkey more towards an Islamic nation....his goal.

I meanwhile have scratched visiting Turkey off my bucket list.
edit on 16-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And they're all under US control, at a US leased airbase, with US security forces guarding them, and only the US having the codes to arm them.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

ISIS wants their Caliphate headquartered in Istanbul correct?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I got news for Erodgen. If he holds the US airbase hostage he in effect is quitting NATO and is also inviting his airforce getting taken out. Turkey would be roasted.(yes pun intended) Guess its time they were reminded why you dont f#&k with the hand who feeds you.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
We discussed the possibility last night but this is looking more and more like a false flag.

How did he arrest and target so many, including judges, in such a short period? It's as if he knew exactly where his opposition was and what he was going to do well beforehand.

Now he gets to cut out his secular opposition and hand himself more authoritarian powers and edge Turkey more towards an Islamic nation....his goal.

I meanwhile have scratched visiting Turkey off my bucket list.

I totally agree.

Erdogan may have done this. Now he has the excuse to run amuck like the madman he is.

And people will blame it on the coup.

Turkish commentators say the coup made no sense

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hope the rest of the Army realises what a stupid idea not joining the coup was

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

After they see how bad things are going to get i am sure they will.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And they're all under US control, at a US leased airbase, with US security forces guarding them, and only the US having the codes to arm them.

I’m not at all reassured by that

911 was in the US too

And the Pentagon was under US protection too

REMEMBER THUNDERBALL---007

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Well seeing as how the coup ended just as fast as it began I imagine they are realizing what a stupid idea it would have been to join it.

If you want a coup to work you need the top ranking military men to be behind it, and the fact they weren't killed this before it began.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The Pentagon also didn't have any defenses outside of cameras, and the US defenses were set up to look for outside threats, not internal ones (not to mention no hijacked aircraft had ever been deliberately used as a weapon prior to that).

Way to compare apples and dogs though.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I’m not at all reassured by that 911 was in the US too

911 wasn't done on a base with nukes so there is a big difference between the two. Plus it was done on civilian buildings not protected by the US government.

And the Pentagon was under US protection too

The pentagon is not a base with nukes, again trying to compare two different types of situations. If they stored nukes at the pentagon the security would be much different.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The Pentagon also didn't have any defenses outside of cameras, and the US defenses were set up to look for outside threats, not internal ones (not to mention no hijacked aircraft had ever been deliberately used as a weapon prior to that).

Way to compare apples and dogs though.

I’m not really debating your point. Just reminding that they will do what they want and say what they want....and get away with it

A nuclear accident in a Muslim country is without a doubt within their immoral capacity

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Id kick Turkey from Nato and leave them to Russia "mercy"

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Let’s ace it the ultimate evil behind all of this since 911 is likely a nuclear war on the ME.

That’s very likely

Its takes a lunatic(s) to induce this...Erdogan and his ISIS friends are just right for such a job!

We are really at the razors edge

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

All kinds of news floating in the media now.

Suspected Turkey Coup Leader Served as Military Attaché to Israel

link   

And there will be a lot of evidence. You don't just grab a nuclear weapon and wheel it out without there being witnesses, and a paper trail. Those forces guarding them are trained not to let just anyone near them, and even the people that are allowed to go near them have to have verification to get anywhere near them and through them.

link   

Except they are making accusations and threats towards the USA.

Id withdraw those nukes ASAP cause how safe are those bases if Turkey decides to go full retard and seize them?

Ok the nukes will be worthless but they will just have weapon grade uranium on there hands.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The problem will be sneaking airlift in to get them, loading them, and getting out. There are a lot of Turkish forces there too. They might be able to get in in the middle of the night with something and yank them fast, but it's going to be a tough mission.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join