It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"....even if we fundamentally disagree..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I really have to say this.

I was just a bit taken back that someone contacted me privately and basically said that they respect (and dare I say, like the manner in which I convey?) what I have to say, even if we fundamentally disagree in our views on the matter.

This is what our world is lacking today.

BLM does not respect the right to disagree. You're either with them, or against them. And if you're against them, you're an enemy.
The same can be said for ISIS. Politicians. Religion. Ad nauseam. Go ahead and spin off a few more groups... I'm sure they fit right in.

There is no middle ground any longer. But, I presume there never really was.

###SNIPPED###

I'd like to ask all of you a favor....

The next time you disagree with someone.... please, make the effort to state (if it is true) that you respect their right as much as yours to disagree. If it's possible, do so without attacking the person.

I am no expert in this...but, I try to keep it in mind.

There would be fewer "social issues" and "civil unrest" if we could simply make a collectively greater effort to do this very thing.

- suffice it to say, this was the closest I'll ever come to shooting rainbows up the collective arse of humanity
edit on Sat Jul 16 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by projectprodigal removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
It is funny but I did that very thing today on another thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
It is funny but I did that very thing today on another thread.

Well then.... although I don't know you.... I do respect you for that.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the day blacks dont get slammed on this site, is the day hell freezes over.

at least you didnt put blm in the thread title. i guess its progress.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
the day blacks dont get slammed on this site, is the day hell freezes over.

at least you didnt put blm in the thread title. i guess its progress.

The flaw I saw in your statement above...

Is that you seem to think I equate "blacks" with BLM. It also seems as if you're thinking that I feel that any given person because of their skin color is somehow bad, or wrong.

If this is true (and if it's not, please, speak up) that you think these things about me....

It only underscores a herd-like, us vs them stance.

Sadly, it does say alot about you if this is the case.

(post by nullafides removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

BLM does not respect the right to disagree. You're either with them, or against them. And if you're against them, you're an enemy.

Blasphemy!!

You will tow the line and you will love it, or else!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The old "Worship equals War Ship" (Copied from ATS™ moons ago as of now, author unknown)

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

Edit: I've noticed this phenomena runs the gamut e.g. Ford Vs. Chevy, et al.

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

(post by nullafides removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
One of the greatest phrases I was ever taught to defuse a situation was
"let's agree to disagree"
This one simple phrase has saved me many friendships over the years.

~meathead

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: reldra

So sorry about that, sweetheart.

Where I come from, it's normal.

You're the only one with panties in a twist.

I see....so what you are saying is that right now, you have done something which was explained to you was personally offensive...and you are now not caring at all and not respecting that she disagrees and feels insulted.

Then....wait for it....it's almost like it came straight from your OP...you attacked back, insulted again, then didn't ask to respect her rights

There would be fewer "social issues" and "civil unrest" if you could simply take your own advice

PS....I don't wear panties...but does it matter to you that my underwear are in a bunch since I don't care for people who insult, then re-insult when confronted...

PPS...I agree with your right to disagree with this post

edit on 17-7-2016 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Great. We disagree.

And if someone CHOOSES to get so upset over a word....welll.....

Tough.

But...sigh....this will get policed too.... Lord forbid we're not all SUPER NICE TO EACH OTHER....

One word.

Snowflakes.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Not even if you put my hair up in bows and make me wear pretty shoes! NEVA!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
One of the greatest phrases I was ever taught to defuse a situation was
"let's agree to disagree"
This one simple phrase has saved me many friendships over the years.

~meathead

I couldn't agree with you more. My best lifelong friends and I have some pretty axiomatic viewpoints....

But rather than let them drive a wedge between us, instead...myself, I look to them for a better understanding of the issue as a whole.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Now...ya know....

It's only nice to share whatever space cakes you're enjoying... You did bring enough for all of ATS, didn't you?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Learning and practicing are two very different things... Good luck !

~meathead
edit on 17-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: Augustus misplaced his dragonglassa reply to: nullafides Learning and practicing are two very different things... Good luck ! ~meathead

edit on 17-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: this phone sucks..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The only snowflake activity I have seen yet is your own

I mean it...look at what you are doing. No sarcasm, no meanness...nothing...you tell people they are snowflakes and now you are acting dramatic and wanting and whining about the policy

And you can pretend all you want that the only part that matters is HOW someone takes an insult all you want. Should we just be ok with going back to all the nasty words we used in 1840 for black people? Who cares? It's how THEY took it. Nevermind that that it was made to be insulting. Never mind that you purposefully insulted reldra a second time after finding out she didn't appreciate it the first time. Who cares? It's only because THEY took it wrong.

And now you whine because of policy...on a private forum....owned by a couple of guys who, while I may not always agree, can do, say, or click whatever button they want on their own property.

one word.

Snowflake....I am not sure you recognize that you are doing the exact same thing

top topics

join