It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So a cop followed me home from the gym today...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've had a situation where a cop was riding my ass through town.
I got fed up and gave him a brake check.
He didn't hit me but there was some rubber squealing. He kicked on the lights and pulled me over.
I told him a squirrel ran in front of me.
He couldn't find anything to fine me over and let me go on my way.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Now, nobody has said this yet: could it be that the cop was hitting on you and hence tailed you to wherever... which means you are, in his eyes. "more than average" and not just "average" guy ? Stay positive and forget about the color profiling and those negative guesstimates.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think people are a little hypersensitive to being shot, choked, tasered, beaten and wrongfully imprisoned.

I could be wrong though. Maybe it is just being followed that's got everyone in an uproar.

Plenty of people around here are hypersensitive to racial agitators too...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it, but maybe the cop was watching your back and making sure you got home ok, or, god forbid, just driving in the se direction as you?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Maybe the cop just felt lonely? haha. But in all seriousness, how did he look like? what was he wearing, his skin colour, did you see his face? You should gather all the possible information you can and use it to find more about what was going on. My best bet is he just was on his routine and managed to go on the same route you went by accident.

Peace,

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah that is also possible. There are actually so many different possibilities here haha.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rextiberius

Well that is just straight up stalking you know? It might be possible however that.. he just went on his routine which happened to be the same direction the OP was going.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: kaylaluv

How many times is acceptable to be wrongfully arrested, shot, tasered, choked, beaten and imprisoned?

One is too many.

Coincidentally, one is also too many times to claim white privilege about something like this.

Amen

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Cops are allowed to do this - when you did all the turns and the stop lights, did you do it suddenly or very "last minute"?

I can think of several (legal) reasons that a cop would do this:
1. The cop wasn't actually following you; you just happened to be going the same way that they had to go. They wouldn't have followed you all that way if they really wanted to pull you over.

2. Something about your car's make, model, or partial plates racked their suspicions. Maybe someone earlier reported to the cops a person in a red '03 Focus went flying past them above the limit. If that cop comes across a car looking similar, they might follow just to see if you are that car.

3. You acted suspicious - my reason for asking my question right off the bat is because if a cop is behind you, and you suddenly dart into another lane (even with a turn signal), they might see it as you trying to elude them. In my case, they followed me into a subdivision because just before the light turned yellow I darted through.

4. In some cases, they will follow long enough to make sure there isn't a warrant out for you; for example, the police in my area have sometimes followed my dad (he had to pay child support, and even though he did, the police still would follow just long enough to make sure there wasn't a bench warrant out for him).

As for an apology...Why? They didn't pull you over, did they? They didn't say anything to you, right? You're obviously typing on here, so they didn't drag you off to jail. So, do you care to explain how the police have an "inherent prejudice" by "following" you? Please tell me this is a sarcastic jib, else I may use some stronger language that will definitely play Devil's Advocate.

-fossilera

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Cops follow people all the time that they think may be suspicious for whatever reason. I had a cop follow me 3 miles with many turns. Followed me to my apartment , pulled in beside me. I got out of my car and my dog stepped out. He rolled his window down and said put your dog on a lease and drove away.

He really had no reason to follow me, but I guess since it was kinda late at night he thought maybe he could get me for something. So I do not think its uncommon for cops to follow anyone they think may be suspicious. The news would probably laugh at you if you called them and told them your story lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I was pulled over today, doing the speed limit no traffic tickets at all and I'm a 38 year old white male. Seat belt on, going about my business. The officer told me my left brake light was out which I didn't know at the time, I was very nice and appreciative till he asked me if I had any weapons or drugs in the car. Then I got ugly a bit, sorry but this is unacceptable I have my foid card, wasn't carrying at the time as I just went to the local grocery store in a dominant white community.. Your posts make me vomit a bit in my mouth not being rude just being honest. Taze? choke? you are not funny....
there's your medal of troll! All of you people praising the racketeering program disgust me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join