It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So a cop followed me home from the gym today...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

So do you imagine that they ran your plates through the system because of your skin colour?

Seems to me you went your way and the Police went there way with little or no interaction. That's hardly any form of harassment if you ask me.

edit on 16-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Let me answer your question with a question.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

How many times is acceptable to be wrongfully arrested, shot, tasered, choked, beaten and imprisoned?

One is too many.

Coincidentally, one is also too many times to claim white privilege about something like this.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yea i feel like I was being intimidated because of the color of my skin. You could cut the microagression that was in the air with a knife.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Getting all bent out of shape over a LEO calling in your tag. What do you think they do all day ride around. Wait till thepully you over for no tag or insurance the go make a thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: andy06shake

Yea i feel like I was being intimidated because of the color of my skin. You could cut the microagression that was in the air with a knife.

Can you give us the skin color of the LEO just for context?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Did the cop follow you in a flying saucer?

No.

Then why are you posting in the Alien and UFOs forum?

Intetestingly enough i have a book called worlds stupidest criminals. One entry in the book is for a guy who got drunk and decided to ride his moped. Cops see him and try to pull him over. He refuses and makes the cops chase him through the county until he eventually crashes and cops arrest him.

He was initially charged with drunk driving and refusing to pull over or sonething akin.

When asked by the judge why he refused to stop his reply was that he "frequently gets abducted vy aliens and in his admittedly drunk state he confused the cop cars and their flashing lights as the ufo that abducts him. "

The judge went "that makes sense" and dropped the fleeing from cops chge and only gave him the DUI.

I bet a bunch of LEOs on ATS could share similar zany stories of out there arrests they had to make or funny excuses the arrestee made.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Have you considered the notion that the Police were simply running your vehicle plates through there system?

Or there was probably just an Abra or a Mew in the OP's car.
edit on 7/16/2016 by ~Lucidity because: typo grrrrr i hate typing on this phone

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes a lot of people seem to find that cops look intimidating and aggressive these days.

However if you were in you own car and they were in theirs, said perception of "micro aggression " could quite possibly have been imagined.

Lets get this straight they did nothing other than look at you funny and possibly run your plates?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hang on here...no rushing to judgement. We haven't ascertained that said cop was not in a space craft.

Or when the stares met - that he didn't have cats eyes - shapeshifter-

Go on OP admit it - you were followed by a shapeshifter but are too embarrassed to mention it -

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

blm gets mentioned by page 2. oops.

or Special Snowflake

or SJW

or Mandela Effect

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

In my town, wearing your hat backwards is probable cause

Well if you look anything like your avatar - I'd shoot first and ask questions later - hahaha

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Did they pull you over?

Did they force you out of the car, handcuff you and put you in a jail cell because you asked why they pulled you over?

Did they shoot you while you were reaching for your ID?

Did they put you in a choke hold, cutting off your air supply?

Did they taser you?

Did they beat you within an inch of your life?

All they did was follow you? Perfect example of white privilege.

And if he was black you would say the cop was a racist doing his profiling thing.

Why should color be mentioned?

edit on 7/16/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So here is the point I am getting at with this thread.

We have two camps.

Camp 1- is willing to believe that I was profiled because I THINK I was profiled with no actual proof. Not even the race of the officer that pulled in behind me.

Camp 2- reserves judgement until they see actual proof. Until then, they assume the officer was just doing his job.

The camp 1 people are the problem. They are willing to villify police as well as an entire race based off of zero evidence and accept it as absolute fact. Not only that but racial jabs and comments were also made.

That is all, thank you all for participating in this weekends social experiment.
edit on 16-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

[ haha! I actually met that fella way up in the Santa Fe mountains on a backpacking trip with my dad a few years ago. That beast walked up to us and after nearly wetting my pants, I fed him almonds out of my hand! Keep that in mind next time you run into one.

edit on 7 16 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite

This is pretty standard stuff. I live in a mostly white "hick town." If you drive a beat up bucket, a flashy car with big wheels, or look like young "hoodlum" types, the cops here will follow you, run your license plate and invent a reason to pull you over.

In my town, wearing your hat backwards is probable cause. Wearing a flat brim cap is an open invitation to be pulled out of the car and searched. However, I learned if you drive a jacked up Chevy truck and sport a curved bill truckers cap, you have a free pass from "The Man".

In my younger days, I'd get pulled over about 5-6 times a year. Once I grew up and learned to blend in with the "good ol boys", I haven't been pulled over in the past 15 years.

Point I'm trying to make is, everyone gets profiled.

I agree 100% here, it was the same exact thing for me.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

White privilege.

Right, because in Amerika, everything is always and all the time all about race.

I sometimes just wish I could wake up of a day in a country where everything isn't always all the time all about race.

Actually, come to think of it, I have done that in the dim distant past when I was living in Italy. Man, that was refreshing.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

We have two camps.

Camp 1- is willing to believe that I was profiled because I THINK I was profiled with no actual proof. Not even the race of the officer that pulled in behind me.

Camp 2- reserves judgement until they see actual proof. Until then, they assume the officer was just doing his job.

The camp 1 people are the problem. They are willing to villify police as well as an entire race based off of zero evidence and accept it as absolute fact. Not only that but racial jabs and comments were also made.

That is all, thank you all for participating in this weekends social experiment.

profiling is not limited to race.

people get profiled based on many things.

race, gender, income, social, medical history, insurance agencies profile all the time, marketing etc.

you were profiled for a reason. may or may not have been race. the only conclusion you can deduce from this incident, is that you were profiled, because there is no more you can fit in that jigsaw puzzle. making any more assumptions is simply ill-informed.

you might have been racially profiled, or maybe its mid month and they need revenue and your gym may be a "hot spot" for them [hot pot is an actual term those goons use].

so if racial profiling fits, i.e. if your race wasa unequivocally the primary reason that cun_t tailed you illegally, then yes. you were racially profiled.

you should have pull out your phone and break check his a$$ on a legal turn (blinkers on, slow 100ft etc) as you turn.[im also assuming it was a he], if he wasnt following at 2 cars length, then he would be in the wrong.

this is a person entrusted to keep people from tail-gaiting at too close distance in order to prevent accidents... unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

We have two camps.

Practicing surveys for high school summer class?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join