It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So a cop followed me home from the gym today...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: avgguy

Did they pull you over?

Did they force you out of the car, handcuff you and put you in a jail cell because you asked why they pulled you over?

Did they shoot you while you were reaching for your ID?

Did they put you in a choke hold, cutting off your air supply?

Did they taser you?

Did they beat you within an inch of your life?

All they did was follow you? Perfect example of white privilege.

well we know where this thread is going to go now. i bet blm gets mentioned by page 2. oops.
edit on 16-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well hell this was more fun when it was in the UFO and Alien forum.

Now it's just....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Tonight, at 11: local man says police officer drove behind him but did not pull him over. Action Team 7 brings you the chilling details of our investigation into why police officers are driving on YOUR neighborhood streets!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah...now it's just that ^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Its ok apparently they come in peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm ethnically white, should I be worried that said alien cop was picking on me because of my skin color? Or was he just doing his job by running my plates.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh come on guy's! It seemed pretty obvious to me from his post that he intended to post it elsewhere. Some of the comments are pretty funny though. Unidentified flying officer...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LoL,is this thread supposed to have a point?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

That people are hypersensitive to race. It's only profiling if my skin is a certain color and no biggie if my skin is another color, that's the point.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Might have been these dudes.

And in one of these.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Are you alien, black or? Do you have video evidence that this cop followed you? Not sure what your asking for here?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

there's profiling, and there is racial profiling.

its not hard to discern the two.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think people are a little hypersensitive to being shot, choked, tasered, beaten and wrongfully imprisoned.

I could be wrong though. Maybe it is just being followed that's got everyone in an uproar.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

How do prove racial profiling.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How often does that happen to people?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is pretty standard stuff. I live in a mostly white "hick town." If you drive a beat up bucket, a flashy car with big wheels, or look like young "hoodlum" types, the cops here will follow you, run your license plate and invent a reason to pull you over.

In my town, wearing your hat backwards is probable cause. Wearing a flat brim cap is an open invitation to be pulled out of the car and searched. However, I learned if you drive a jacked up Chevy truck and sport a curved bill truckers cap, you have a free pass from "The Man".

In my younger days, I'd get pulled over about 5-6 times a year. Once I grew up and learned to blend in with the "good ol boys", I haven't been pulled over in the past 15 years.

Point I'm trying to make is, everyone gets profiled.

edit on 7 16 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Have you considered the notion that the Police were simply running your vehicle plates through there system?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think he was running your plates to get information about you, because he wants to ask you for a date.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm 100% sure that's all they were doing.

The point of the thread is to dispel the notion that maybe a cop is just doing his/her job and not actually going after people because of their race. There have been some spotty claims by ATS members about how they think they get pulled over more just because of their skin color.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How many times is acceptable to be wrongfully arrested, shot, tasered, choked, beaten and imprisoned?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join