It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make-up and perfume on women= yuck!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I never wore make-up until I was in my late 30s. However, now that I'm in my 40s, I use concealer to hide sun damage on my face and a little blush in winter to not look like a ghost, and a little powder to keep the shine off my face, a little eyeliner to accenuate my eyes as my eyelashes are turning gray! Men who have seen me without make-up and with just a little on have remarked that it made a significant improvement in my appearance.

Nuns have the best complexions overall as they never wear any make-up. Make-up contains many toxins and I know for a fact that recycled cooking oil is used for lipstick.

I think younger women with good complexions should use as little make-up as possible, as the natural look is best for them. Many young ladies seem to over-do it and it makes them look trashy or like they're trying too hard.

Women who are comfortable with their appearance don't need to conceal their faces or overly enhance them, but it can raise one's self esteem to add a little lipstick, etc. and can indicate they care about their appearance or are wanting to be attractive to the opposite sex.

Women often over-do wearing perfume for sure, especially older ladies! I wear only essential oils or real perfume as can't stand alcohol-based colognes and body sprays. So if you're going to buy your girlfriend a scent, make sure it is a name brand perfume or essential oil.

Perfumes are supposed to be lightly placed on the "pulse point" areas which generate warmth to enhance the process of wearing it. However, some women BATHE themselves in perfume, or mix several scents like use perfumed deodorant, perfumed talcum powder, body spray, perfumed shampoo and perfumed hairspray.

I use non-scented deodorant, non-scented hairspray, non-scented soap and plain shampoos. Many people who are allergy sensitive are greatly bothered by others wearing scents so it is being considerate of them to do so, as well as you are not masking the pheromes (sex hormone scent) the body gives off naturally, which are part of the physical sexual attraction process.

I think many women are uncomfortable with their bodies and believe that sweat is offensive, etc. so they try to cover everything up. I have found the scent of a man sweating to be stimulating, not offensive if he has normal body odor.

People who consume a lot of garlic, alcohol, and smoke heavily have sweat that contains these scents, and are thus offensive to the nose. One should examine their diet to moderate consumption of foods which may cause body odor.

Lastly, I can't imagine kissing a man wearing makeup and lipstick and recoil at the thought, so I guess men have to accustom themselves to doing so. You could mention to your dates that you like to see women with very little make-up or none at all, and hopefully they'd take the hint.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Woman usually wear make-up because they aren't naturally beautiful!
lipkstick

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Granted this is coming from a guy who has never had a first kiss or any type of intimacy.

You say you are in your twenties? Get out there man and meet some women. Get intimate, then come back and say what you like or dislike.

If your that fussy about the make-up/perfume, then i don't know what your going to do...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Make up & scents....they simply can not be done on the cheap, because "you get what you pay for" applys big time. Though skillful application can bridge the gap.
I've seen some beutiful goth/punk women, and that's all black. There's one on TV who is very attractive - I guess she's a "VJ" on Fuse , an MTV type channel. She covers a show about Metal bands.

Subtle is the rule of thumb in both cosmetics & scents. A woman and a signature scent just goes perfectly together in my book. But, when we're in range of each other....not on other sides of the bar.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think you live around some nasty ass women then that may need a make up class...

A little bit goes a long way.

Some mascara, some nice flowery or fruity smelling perfume.

I really like curve, romance, sweet pea, dewberry, and some other light ones...

chanel 5 is horrid, so are elizabeth taylor perfumes, rechid.

red lipstick looks nice if the girls eyes have less makeup, like black eye linker.. Then yeah she'll look cheap.

Natural looking women I think are thee most beautiful creatures.

Globby headed ones are pretty scary... especially when they don't know what their doing to themselves!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join