It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make-up and perfume on women= yuck!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I find make-up on women unattractive because it always looks like goop and powder smeared on the face and perfume makes me nauseated. Red lipstick also makes all women look like hookers. Granted this is coming from a guy who has never had a first kiss or any type of intimacy, and probably never will since I seem to have real and or fictitious problems. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Chit-Chat.

I will have to disagree with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
I find make-up on women unattractive because it always looks like goop and powder smeared on the face and perfume makes me nauseated. Red lipstick also makes all women look like hookers. Granted this is coming from a guy who has never had a first kiss or any type of intimacy, and probably never will since I seem to have real and or fictitious problems. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing....

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
For starters...this should be in the "rants" forum. Now to what you said...it must just be the type of women you hang with! I use a lot of make up, but you can't really tell it too much! the Idea, is to look natural.

The picture below s the newest one I have taken about 6 months ago. I am wearing foundation, powder, blush, mascara, eye liner, shadow, lip liner and lipstick and no...it never looks like you could actually "scarp it off with a knife" though I have seen some women that look that way. The idea of make-up is to enhance the features you have!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well...... I'll give you a break, since .... as you stated, no first kiss yet and no intimacy...

Just wait... you'll change your mind.... I did.

Women are awesome and as you get older, you'll appreciate them more.
I love my woman, with or without make up... however when she dawns that make-up and red lipstick and some of the outfits.. mmmm mmmm mmm

just can't take my eyes off of her.....

good luck friend...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Women are awesome and as you get older.

Exactly how old do you mean? I am in my twenties!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A plain washed face on a woman can be very unatractive..You can wear make up and look great as long as you dont over do it.
You dont want to look like a

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
maybe the women you are noticing just don't know how to wear makeup.

I'm a lipstick only type of gal, but I do use makeup on special occasions. I think the issue is women who overdo it vs. makeup in general being a turnoff. If you know how to apply makeup correctly, it is not supposed to be noticeable.

btw, I hate red lipstick too and I think it's trampy. Instead of red, burgundies and brownish red tones are better for stand out lips without the trampiness.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hate women's prefume, and I am a girl. It's smell like someone pissed on a lilly and put in a bottle called "Paris Hilton". Brintey and J.lo's smells better through. Now as for makeup, I think you shouldn't put too much on, and never wear red lipstick if it makes you look too unatural, unless that's the effect your going for whatever reason. Plus, for women makeup on average w/o any perfume is like $30. So I just use eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil(which is necessary at least once or twice a week), and plain pink lipstick and glitter pink lipstick; both the same shade.
But I do think we get picked on more in Hollywood then men, I honestly think makeup is okay as long as you don't stress out and put a ton on.
Plus, I think the media should be teaching both sexes to keep their legs closed, so the divorce rate could go down, and get rid of alcohol ads.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry to disagreed with you, a well taken care women with cosmetics shows how well the women sees herself.

I love red lipstick and dark colors lipstick I have been called elegant but never a Hooker.

By the way you sound kind of funny to me with the way you express women's toiletries.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Son, I think you may be gay.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I wear black eyeshadow and eyeliner with pink blusher to give a girly punk/emo look, but never foundation or mascara, I'm young, it's pointless!! I do wear vanilla body spray though, but not out of a can, they're icky!

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Son, I think you may be gay.

rofl

[edit on 19-1-2005 by LadyCool21]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm another "no perfume" female. I mix my own oils and I wear a combination of Vanilla and cinnamon....

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That's an idea - I could make my own brand of cologne ... Eau de Pisky's socks

I wonder if it would catch on ?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Pisky, i'm sure you could market it
LOL..

I do like perfumes and my favorite ones are by Versace (the dead dude)

See, the trick when using blood-red lipstick is to dress down and not wear leopard print that day.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As a dancer i have to wear make up alot, on Stage its real thick lol and i would never go out like that,

Normaly i just put it on light, i love the natural look (it takes alot of work lol)

but i think its how you wear it, You seem young so i guess the girls you see with the make up are young too, at that age there experimenting with there look, we have all been there lol, mine was trying fake lashes! it looked so wrong but at the time i thought it looked cute lol.
untill my brother and his friends took pics while laughing at me lol,

I soon saw the errors of my ways,

As for purfume, again you have to find the right scent for your body, we have all got different chemical so whats nice on one person is smelly on another,

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
As a dancer i have to wear make up alot,

*best Bevis voice here * ummmmm huhhuhuhuhuhuhuhu Heeey Bayybe... what kinda dancer... huh huh huhuhuh

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
hmmm lol! not that kind of dancer!

I do ballet, hiphop, street ect... i would call it more preformer

[edit on 20-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cool Asala !!!

My G/F's Grandmother was into Ballet, I've seen the pictures.. :shk:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala