It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Access to air base housing US nukes in Turkey blocked, power cut off

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyOj

I do believe your reading comprehension is lacking because I never once attacked you, the thread, or the source. My beef is with the US military/NATO.
My other point being is that Israel has nukes so there is no need to risk bringing nukes into any other ME nation. How hard is that to understand?
edit on 16-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Everything may be well and dandy in the base but the US citizens have been advised to seek shelter.

US Citizens to Seek Shelter

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I apologise I misunderstood you ✌
edit on 11/01/2011 by BennyOj because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Not sure what is going on right now.
Situation seems to be a little tense, apparently arrests on the site.
Apparently turkish forces, but not sure.

*Yup. Turkish putschist-forces arrested on Incirlik Air Base.
edit on 16-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The B61 system upgrade funding has been allocated but is in limbo due to sequestration. The ban is irrelevant to this platform.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

President Erdogan called for Barack to extradite Fethullah Gulen

*skynews

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyOj

President Erdogan called for Barack to extradite Fethullah Gulen

*skynews

That put's Barry in a tough place...Gulen is a moderate Islamic Cleric.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Not true. German soldiers are there too, they say it isn't locked down.
For a second I thought holy hell!
But he wants the in the USA living priest, gülen or something. He is rambo erdogan, also death penalty and overall fun times for turkey. If you don't give him what he wants, he'll consider you enemies.
Good luck to all of us.

edit on 16-7-2016 by Peeple because: Spell

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Not true. German soldiers are there too, they say it isn't locked down.
For a second I thought holy hell!
But he wants the in the USA living priest, gülen or something. He is rambo erdogan, also death penalty and overall fun times for turkey. If you don't give him what he wants, he'll consider you enemies.
Good luck to all of us.

Sourse?
The only thing I've seen about German troops is from 5 days ago, saying they to leave

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Use of Incirlik airbase in exchange for Fethullah Gülen .

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called on the United States to extradite a Muslim cleric he accuses of being behind Turkey's failed coup attempt.
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 16-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Won't help you much, it's german

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Das BMVg hat diese Meldung offiziell revidiert. Incirlik wurde tatsächlich abgeriegelt.
Kurz darauf wurden Festnahmen von türkischen Putschisten auf dem Stützpunkt gemeldet.
*Hat übrigens um 20:00Uhr auch die Tagesschau so berichtet.
edit on 16-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Let's hope he continues to only blame Turks from Lik then and not try to use the base as a bargaining chip.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So the biggest reason it is in lockdown would be because they aren't sure if any aircraft from the base were hijacked and used in the attempted coup.

It is unclear whether aircraft from the base were hijacked by coup plotters during the overnight events. According to Turkish government officials, the jets were used to attack key buildings, including the parliament building in Ankara.

www.dw.com...

Which sounds like the right thing to do since they don't know if anymore attempts will happen and don't need any aircraft being used from that base for it...better safe than sorry I guess.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

originally posted by: essentialtremors

Let's hope he continues to only blame Turks from Lik then and not try to use the base as a bargaining chip.

Indeed.
I don't even know what would happen if... I doubt Erdogan would dare.
Well, lets just hope everyone stays safe.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

As soon as this is figured out and they feel confident they have all the players they will re open the base.

A message on the website of the US consulate in Adana said Saturday that "local authorities were denying movements [onto] and off of Incirlik air base." It advised US citizens to avoid the facility until normal operations had been restored.

www.dw.com...

So it looks as though once all the dust settles they will re open the base.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I sure hope so.
I just imagined E using the base as a bargaining chip to get his Emmanuel Goldstein extradited.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Erdogan was quoted as saying by TRT World: “Turkey will not be run from a house in Pennsylvania,” Erdogan points finger at the US

Power to airbase cut

70 tactical Nuclear weapons are been stored at that base.

Have interrogations yielded results?

Was the coup being cooridinated out of the US HQ at Incirlik?

edit on 16-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I just imagined E using the base as a bargaining chip to get his Emmanuel Goldstein extradited.

He wouldn't hold it for bargaining as that is the main base the coalition are using for fighting ISIS.

Closing it down after an attempted coup is their way to keep the traffic going in and off the base to a minimum until they figure out how and where those who were involved got the vehicles they used off of the base they came from...and with the aircraft they used the best bet is to lockdown all bases until this is figured out.

As for the imam...he has been on trial in Turkey since the beginning of the year...whether this has anything to do with him will have to be shown, but as for now the US hasn't received any extradition requests for him yet and Turkey needs the money that base generates for the economy.

The religious leader and founder of Hizmet is on trial for trying to "overthrow" the Turkish state. He and 68 other people are accused, including high-ranking police officials in Istanbul.

www.asianews.it...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Erdogan was quoted as saying by TRT World: “Turkey will not be run from a house in Pennsylvania,” Erdogan points finger at the US cuts power to airbase,70 tactical Nuclear weapons are been hold at that base.

No he doesn't point the finger at the US...and he is talking about an imam who is based in Pennsylvania.

As for the base...

Turkish officials said the base would only be closed until they could ascertain that all equipment and planes of the Turkish air force are in pro-government hands following Friday night's failed military coup.

theweek.com...

They aren't blaming the US for anything...so why try to make it look that way?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join