It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the end game?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I keep thinking about the "War on Terror", and wonder what the logical conclusion to this could possibly be.

Terrorism could be considered many things, to include the actions of a few "patriots" in the early part of this country as well. As I've always said, the only difference between a terrorist and a patriot, is what side you are on.

So, has anyone any ideas as to the official end game, theorized any closure, etc on this War on Terror?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is no end. That's the point.
To create infinite war in order to continue to justify the trillions spent on defence.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Understood, but doesn't it seem apparent that we do not need another communist scourge?

Also, if the war on terror is pointless, and no end game has been slated or even imagined, why are people so happy to sign up in this country?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The game is over when all countries who sponsor terrorism or harbor terrorists finally stop doing it whether it is because they have become more enlightened or realize that they will get their butts kicked and those in power and control will be displaced.

That is the best we can hope for and is an admiral goal. However, you will never be able to stop the lone person who is willing to die for his/her cause but you can stop organized terrorism and make it as difficult as possible for the individuals.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Also, if the war on terror is pointless, and no end game has been slated or even imagined, why are people so happy to sign up in this country?

Ignorance, something this website is trying to deny.

The US war on terror so far produced 10,000 heavily wounded US soldiers and 1000+ dead, plus 100k dead civilians. There is no verifiable proof that it did anything in terms fo combatting terror.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kahuna
The game is over when all countries who sponsor terrorism or harbor terrorists finally stop doing it whether it is because they have become more enlightened or realize that they will get their butts kicked and those in power and control will be displaced.

What is the repercussion of not going along with our nice little plan?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I haven't seen a terrorist attack on U.S. soil since the war on terror began... Looks like the start of proof right there.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I haven't seen a terrorist attack on U.S. soil since the war on terror began... Looks like the start of proof right there.

No. If the number of terrorist attacks dropped from 10 per year to 5, that would be a proof. If you have one catastrophic event, it doesn't constitute a valid statistics. Trust me on this, I went through this in both science and finance.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Proof of what? That we haven't attacked ourselves, or that we are running around wasting money while they wait us out?

Meanwhile, terrorist strike at our boys in Iraq. Seems to be working.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You think waste of money. I think incredible investment.

I would rather have terrorists busy over there than taking down buildings full of innocents in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Understood, but doesn't it seem apparent that we do not need another communist scourge?

This is much more broad than the communist (which still exsits) threat.

people are so happy to sign up because they are:

1)sheep, and belive everything they hear from the great Bush.

2)Part of the system, and get off on the power trip.

3)Poor, and need the army to get an education.

4)Lazy, and would rather watch reality TV, than participate in reality.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Just wait... it's comming.

They need a reason to start bombing Iran and N.korea

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I would rather have terrorists busy over there than taking down buildings full of innocents in the U.S.

An investment in what?? death!!!
As a fellow Canandian I am ashamed.
Wake up... Government does not love you.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone

An investment in what?? death!!!
As a fellow Canandian I am ashamed.
Wake up... Government does not love you.

FYI -- just because I reside in Canada now does not make me Canadian!!! Here for work....

It is called an investment in democracy and freedom. Something I think a lot of Canadians have forgotten about. Freedom has a cost and right now on the world stage Canada is a freeloader....

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone

Just wait... it's comming.

They need a reason to start bombing Iran and N.korea

Typical pacifist view -- bury your head in the sand and ignore what is happening around you. If we don't bother them, then they won't bother us. Look at your history -- blindly ignoring tyrants and injustice doesn't make it go away, it only gives it time to grow stronger. And then it comes after you. FYI, due to geography and technology any N. Korean missle attack at the U.S. is bound to have missles land on Canadian soil. In fact, probably more will hit Canada by mistake than the U.S.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It will never end. It is just like the War on Drugs. Billion dollars are being spent to make drugs/ terrorism more profitable, in a matter of speaking.
The terrorists will always be there as long as we keep displeasing them. There like Internet trolls the only way to beat them is to ignore them

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It is called an investment in democracy and freedom. Something I think a lot of Canadians have forgotten about. Freedom has a cost and right now on the world stage Canada is a freeloader....

Dude, you've been brainwashed squeaky clean. Nobody attacked your democracy and/or freedom.

And, don't be condescending to Canada. They fought in WWII. Which goes to say they can tell the difference between the real issue and the BS you are so happy to soak up.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
FYI in case you hadn't remembered WWII was 60 years ago. In addition, Canada also fought in Korea (something everyone seems to forget, including a lot of Canadians) but since then their military has gone downhill fast and is picking up speed. They buy second hand submarines which catch on fire and kill sailors and send troops into desert areas with green fatigues since they didn't bother buying them brown ones.

So just what were the attacks on 9/11 all about if they were not an attack on freedom and what America stands for? So Al Queda didn't like the New York skyline so thought they would do something about it? They didn't like those 3 airplanes? It was an attack on the value of the United States. Values like democracy. And democracy is what people like that fear the most.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
It will never end. It is just like the War on Drugs. Billion dollars are being spent to make drugs/ terrorism more profitable, in a matter of speaking.
The terrorists will always be there as long as we keep displeasing them. There like Internet trolls the only way to beat them is to ignore them

You are right -- you can never stop all terrorists. You will never be able to always stop the single nutcase who is willing to die for his cause. What you can do is stop organized terrorism and state sponsored terrorism and make way more difficult for that lone terrorist to accomplish anything of value. Ignoring them only gives them time to get stronger. Clinton ignored the Al Queda threat for 8 years and look what happened. Britian didn't get anywhere with the IRA by ignoring them.

As for the war on drugs -- it has (like many government things) been done half-assed at best. If you really wanted to stop it, it could be done but no one has the political balls to do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
FYI - I am by no means a pacifist.
I despise armchair generals, and reality TV junkies.

It's funny I've said the same thing about Americans and Canadians who ignor thier own government's tyranical political agenda.
If you forget America is a Republic NOT a democracy, and should stop spreading an ideoligy it is not based upon.

It's one thing to rise up agaist oppression.
It's another to carry out "pre-emptive war" on ANY nation.

If you continue to beleve that A war can be carried out against an idea, Then you are ignorant. The war on terror is carried out upon you and me. Making us fear what is not there, so we are more apt to give away the freedoms our grandfathers, fought for.
If a bomb kills me then I am dead. I refuse to live in fear.
Once you give in to the propaganda then you are already a slave to tyranny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join