It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study of Tongues in the New Testament

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Tongues means languages.

Simply, the Pentecostal movement is absurd and doesn't seem to get that tongues is the vocabulary used when the languages were confused at Babel.

The gift of tongues is the ability to learn new languages. That's it.

Plus who cares, it's Pauline nonsense anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Interesting. I know the SVV has experimented with this.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Whenever I meet someone speaking tongues I ask them to teach me hello in it

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Did you know a University did a scientific medical study of the gift of speaking in tongues? They did scans on the volunteer subjects brains while they prayed in the gift of tongues. The scans showed when they spoke in tongues it used a part of the brain that has nothing to do with language! It actually collaborated what the Apostle Paul wrote regarding the gift. "For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful." 1 Corth 14:14

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For those who do not understand the gift of tongues and would like a detailed teaching on it and its opperation, I highly recommend reading a free ebook called "The Walk of the Spirit, the Walk of power" by Dave Robeson.

www.daveroberson.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharparrow

That's interesting. Reminds me of Matthew 6, " 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Main part

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.’"

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22007461]Maplestor

Hi Maple

The babbling of the pagans, if you observe for example Buddist monks they will chant a repetitive prayer that they have learned from their masters instruction. They all do it together in unison, there is not individual expression it is viewed as one big collective.

Tongues however each individual has their own unique expression of prayer language as the Holy Spirit gives them utterance. The flow of words, they way they express out what they pray is different.

When people sing in tongues it is a beautiful harmonious sound. Everyone is singing differently and yet it blends and compliment each other.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join