It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi PM llawi: Insurgent/Terrorist Executioner! (wow)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A former Jordanian government minister has told The New Yorker that an American official confirmed to him that the Iraqi interim Prime Minister, Iyad Allawi, executed six suspected insurgents at a Baghdad police station last year.

'What a mess we're in - we got rid of one son of a bitch only to get another one'."

US official confirms Allawi shot six dead

Make what you will, but this is huge news! So be sure to check out the rest of the reporting news story.. wow! here's the best part;

"The man ... described how Allawi had been taken to seven suspects, who were made to stand against a wall in a courtyard of the police station, their faces covered. After being told of their alleged crimes by a police official, Allawi had asked for a pistol, and then shot each prisoner in the head.

'This is how we must deal with the terrorists.' The witness said he approved of Allawi's act, adding that, in any case, the terrorists were better off dead, for they had been tortured for days."

What to make of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, is he another Saddam Hussein in the making? Or simply the right man with the big cahones to get the job done? Torture? Let's decide shall we?..

[edit on 18-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Couldn't read the story... The link takes me to the registration page.

But this is pretty disturbing. For a person to ask for a pistol and kill six guys without much hesitation does mean that he must have killed before.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just noticed the registration page issue.

You can try reading the article through www.rawstory.com front page, the source of where i obtained this story.

Here is the cut 'n paste

A former Jordanian government minister has told The New Yorker that an American official confirmed to him that the Iraqi interim Prime Minister, Iyad Allawi, executed six suspected insurgents at a Baghdad police station last year.

The claim is in an extensive profile of Dr Allawi written for this week's issue of the magazine by an American journalist, Jon Lee Anderson, the author of The Fall of Baghdad and a regular Baghdad correspondent for The New Yorker.

Writing about his research in Jordan in December, Anderson says: "A well-known former government minister told me that an American official had confirmed that the killings took place, saying to him, 'What a mess we're in - we got rid of one son of a bitch only to get another one'."

The New Yorker also revealed that Anderson was present during an interview conducted by the Herald's chief correspondent, Paul McGeough, in late June, with a man who said he witnessed the executions by Dr Allawi.

Dr Allawi denied the allegations when they were published in the Herald last July.

Anderson writes: "The man ... described how Allawi had been taken to seven suspects, who were made to stand against a wall in a courtyard of the police station, their faces covered. After being told of their alleged crimes by a police official, Allawi had asked for a pistol, and then shot each prisoner in the head. [One of the men survived.] Afterward, the witness said, Allawi had declared to those present, 'This is how we must deal with the terrorists.' The witness said he approved of Allawi's act, adding that, in any case, the terrorists were better off dead, for they had been tortured for days."

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This was posted here months ago but I can't find the original article.
At first, it wasn't viewed as credible.
That fact that it has been confirmed is pretty shocking.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Now you know why he's Bush's man. I only hope he doesn't get elected, ha. It'll be easier to fix that election than it was the Florida fiasco.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
hey guys c'mon, democracy isn't free.....it will be hard to contest this if it is confirmed. There is no room for this kind of behavior, it only galvanizes their yearning for an assassination. Although this pales in comparison to the amount of Iraqi policemen that have been ruthlessly murdered, a pm must uphold the standards of his position.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How is it that libs on this board scream when someone kills 6 terrorist but remains silent about mass murder by Saddam? It "almost" sounds as if they "wish" for the return of Saddam. That is disturbing.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This whole Iraq debacle may become another "French Revolution" thing....before the revolution was resolved, the so called democratic machine turned on those that conceived it and ate quite a few of the "good" guys up...

I can see it now...Bush cast in the position of Robes Peirre...

how can a society that has no idea what democracy is, be expected to submit to it?

I'm not surprised that Allawi could shoot 6 "terrorists" in the head, he wasn't chosen because of his humanitarian assets, now was he?

~oracle

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
btw, Allawi is the cousin of Chalabi (remember him?) and he had ties to the CIA. I don't put anything past him and I do not trust him as a person who is looking out for the welfare of the Iraqi people on a whole. I would much rather seean Iraqi national who has lived in the country thru out the Saddam regime become the leader of the country than him.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hmmm........Like father like son isnt it? Bush being the daddy of Iraq and all. Why wouldnt Allawi wish to follow in his fathers footsteps. Just look at all the amazing and wonderful accomplishments he has achieved.

top topics

join