It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you prefer a great massage or average sex?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I know the romantics on this forum will say there is no comparison between a great massage and average sex. Sex involves love, they'll say. The way I see it, a great massage involves love too. A great massage involves love for my body. Relaxation is not easy in this world; a great massage delivers every time. Love for another person is great, but you have to take care of number one first, right?

Here's how I see this issue:

Great massage

It delivers what you want every time. Supreme relaxation and pleasure are guaranteed. And, there are no side effects.

Average sex

The pleasure is often disappointing, and it is frequently dangerous. Average sex is almost never a good expression of love because it's too boring. There are also massive side effects such as unwanted pregnancies and serious diseases.
edit on 16-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I prefer a good brawl.
To answer your question,
You think this is appropriate discussion material on ATS?

Just saying, it could go off in a bad direction.
edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: adult topics

Still can't bring myself to try to discuss this stuff.
A massage therapist is good to see.
Sex is for folks in love... and that's my opinion.
edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: keeping it real as an adult, here.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I know the romantics on this forum will say that there is no comparison between a great massage and average sex. Sex involves loves, they'll say. The way I see it, a great massage involves love too. A great massage involves love for my body. Relaxation is not easy in this world; a great massage delivers every time. Love for another person is great, but you have to take care of number one first, right?

Here's how I see this issue:

Great massage

It delivers what you want every time. Supreme relaxation and pleasure are guaranteed. And, there are no side effects.

Average sex

The pleasure is often disappointing, and it is frequently dangerous. Average sex is almost never a good expression of love because it's too boring. There are also massive side effects such as unwanted pregnancies and serious diseases.

Yes you need to take care of Numero Uno first no doubt about it!

Romance, Sex and a Great Massage are intertwined. If you know what you want, there is little need for the inbetween.

Why not just get on with it, BOOM, that's what it's all about. lol

WoooT... tis all i can think at this moment in time. Enjoy the Moment,

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I prefer a good brawl.
To answer your question,

Yes, it challenges people's values. Almost everyone puts such a premium on love via sex. But, is it warranted? That's the real question I'm asking here. I'm trying to do it in an interesting and thought-provoking way.

Why would this not be "appropriate discussion material on ATS"? Are we going to ignore crucial aspects of life for no good reason?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I prefer a good brawl.
To answer your question,

Ummm...
yes why not, this is not the Disney channel ?

To OP:
I prefer a good massage.. if I know the sex would be bad

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Can one assume the massage will last longer than 3 minutes?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I prefer both to be honest but as to sex being disappointing, boring or frequently dangerous. Have you considered the notion you may be doing it in the wrong manner? Keeping in mind variety is the spice of life.

Its also not that dangerous if you wear a Jimmy hat, i dont like the things all the same, could never work out when to put them on bit of a mood killer really.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespiderwell I'm a Hasidic Hebrew person... and don't believe in non married sex.
So, as long as discussion doesn't get gross, I don't care... people sleep around and I don't care,
As long as I don't have to be like them...lost in a world of earthen desires.
My cat is Jewish too, although now he is a Christian and I told him today, if he has children..he better be really good friends with his mate and to bring me home a baby.
Oh I'm an animal psychic too.
On topic, stay safe in all romantic situations... and don't leave them at the curb without the will to stay on ones feet in society.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion sorry I have moved on from this earthen subject... my heart has been shattered to bits from love making and loving words spoken
And I hate when topics such as this turn fowl.
Just being a prude.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A good morning poo is better then those at my age.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom really, getting old is all about being regular... more important, at this point in my world too.
I'm currently working on herbal medicine studies over this.... instead of what doctors prescribe.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
A good morning poo is better then those at my age.

Upon arising, chug a mug of warm-HOT water (not so hot to burn) Don't sip it like coffee or tea but chug the whole mug. If You have some unwanted weight that You'd like to shed, then a few drops of Lemon will shock Your metabolism.

This warm-HOT water will work like LiquidPlummr™ and by about the 7th-8th day You'll be "regular" and if You keep Yourself hydrated throughout the day, You'll start to get awaken by the urge.

You'll be "Touching Cotton" in no time... (or Lycra™...)

When One sips coffee or tea, it gets stuck in the pipes... You can still drink $7.00 coffee and tea, You just consume these AFTER Your morning rinse...

namaste

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Spacespiderwell I'm a Hasidic Hebrew person... and don't believe in non married sex.
So, as long as discussion doesn't get gross, I don't care... people sleep around and I don't care,
As long as I don't have to be like them...lost in a world of earthen desires.
My cat is Jewish too, although now he is a Christian and I told him today, if he has children..he better be really good friends with his mate and to bring me home a baby.
Oh I'm an animal psychic too.
On topic, stay safe in all romantic situations... and don't leave them at the curb without the will to stay on ones feet in society.

Im just a human
I do not believe that religion or Santa should dictate what should be discussed or censured

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sex every time !

I don't like massages , or giving them , I'm more of a great white shark !

Straight in there KAPOWWW !

As we say in England , like a rat up a drainpipe

Or I bang like a #house door when the plaque is in town

edit on 16-7-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider it is an instinctual reaction to a topic that can get out of control very easily...i'm human too, okay
No one dictates my actions either...
You don't know what creepy lurkers are wanting an adult discussion to get weird and or inappropriate...hopeing to ruin things that are commonly spoken of in college... as adult humans do and need to speak about for clarity
I'm not saying it should not be spoken of, just done in appropriate way as you would speak to a doctor about.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I prefer average sex, even with someone I hardly know. Y'all can whine about casual sex but I can and do easily seperate it from loving sex.
Massage or orgasms? Lol, I'm surprised anyone prefers a massage.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

If it troubles you so much to discuss it then don't, nobody is forcing you.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

In my opinion it is not a good analogy. It's an okay topic for discussion though and interesting responses so far but expected.

If a person is receiving a great massage, I would imagine they would continue visiting the giver of that great massage. Whether it's a therapist they are paying or someone that they are close to.

If a person is having average sex (not real sure what the definition of that would be but I'm assuming 'boring'?) and not fulfilled then why would they continue?

I don't think a person has to feel like they are in love to have fantastic sex. Love is an emotion, sex is a physical act. If someone feels the two are intertwined at a particular moment then I imagine it would be great to them at that time.
It doesn't always have to be romantic to be great, IMO.
I don't feel romantic inclinations toward a therapist or chiropractor, necessarily, but it's still a great experience.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There's context. However, my Aunt once gave me a foot massage and it was the most extraordinarily relaxing thing that ever happened to me.

Won't tell you my best sex, but one would never go for the average in these matters because that suggests some sex is poor (i.e. below average). If you have poor sex then you are with the wrong person.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Why would I be having average sex?

I have a 20+ year partner who knows what I like and I know what he likes. If the sex is average with that advantage then we're phoning it in and not half trying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join