It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

the Mandela Effect . vote on what it is

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:55 AM
a reply to: frenchfries

Well this might be a little odd...

Are they messing with us?

Ate a pizza for breakfast. Pan pizza extra cheese.. mm . (I should be fat as hell, metabolism.
It came with this bottle of coca cola.

it was a day after watching this:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
a reply to: Reverbs

yeah ... that's a cruel one (syncronicity or mandela ?) i don't know. I just hope it's just different versions because I do remember to 'scream' this out with my GF. Why oh why are all the mandela's so negative...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:29 AM
How many years and tons of research proves eyewitness accounts and human memory are flawed? Yet Mandela effect is perceived as a glitch in reality, and nothing to do with the shortcomings of a person's memory, perception, and observations. Especially when studies prove something like fluoride and aspartame cause adverse effects. Or who knows who is doing '___'. I put this one up with flat earth theory. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:12 AM
a reply to: freedom7

I remember almost all of the possible mispellings quotes, etc. and think everyone else is screwed up. But then I think that maybe just I am. BUT I do vividly remember where Australia and surrounding land was.....and it wasn't there.....not like it is now.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:39 AM
a reply to: freedom7

People looking for something to explain why their memory is faulty.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:51 AM
a reply to: Noinden

Or confused by stories off onion websites clouding their memories?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:05 AM

Meanwhile, her research has shifted into new controversial waters. Taking on board the lesson that memories can be manufactured, she has been investigating the possibility of using those memories to modify behaviour9, 10. “We've shown that you can plant a memory of getting sick eating particular foods as a child,” she says, “and we can get people thinking they got sick drinking vodka, so they don't want to drink as much of it later on.”

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:14 AM
The trick is looking at the name.

How many people actually living in South Africa experienced the same effect as the hippy who coined the phrase?

It's obviously just bad memory, or how the brain remembers to be specific.

What's more interesting is how unwilling people are to accept they are wrong.
The Mandela Effect could do a lot to help us understand and fight terrorism.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:41 AM
So now we are using youtube as though it is the last bastion of truth...amazing.

So lets look at looney tunes (looney toons) first shall we...

Looney Tunes can be spelled either way as shown here...

It isn't a mandela effect it is just however you want to spell it either way is right.

As for CERN...why is that you would rather make up nonsense then actually do yourself a favor and apply some actual research that shows you what it can and cannot do...and youtube isn't the place to is a good place.

Funny thing is just because you do not remember something from the past being the same as today would be because it isn't, as things progress and change with the's called getting older.

People who make products know that you have to change in this world to stay in the publics eye...sometimes the old has to be rejuvenated for the younger consumer to pay attention too.

The mandela effect is nonsense because if you put enough bs into one's head they start to believe it even if it doesn't actually happen.

Best example would be 2012...tell enough people about it and we have what happened people losing their minds over something that isn't real. I guess the use of common semse just goes out the window because youtube says this is real so it has to be.
edit on 25-7-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:09 AM
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

But darn it. People will tell you they have a really good memory!

Just ask Michael Berenstain. From or-rejects-parallel-universe-theory

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:51 PM
Somewhat repeating what others have said here already, but I take it to be an interesting combination of:
* meme culture
* inaccurate memory
* the human mind's tendency to project

In saying that, I had an interesting experience about a decade ago. I went online to look for a photo of a 'pterodactyl' that I remembered seeing as a child, in a public library. Apparently I wasn't the only one looking. Most of you are probably familiar with the story, it was most recently discussed on ATS here:

Missing Thunderbird Photo

At that time I had no knowledge others were having the same 'false memory' & looking for this pic; I assumed it was a personal memory, a footnote more or less. So that always stuck with me. I ruled out picking it up unconsciously, mainly because of my limited net access, but it's still a possibility I suppose. I remember a few 'alternate timeline' theories being floated at the time (probably about '07/'08), before the Mandela effect became a thing. Interesting, but hard to substantiate overall.

Still, paranormal/fringe phenomena seem to love operating on that murky borderland between the personal unconscious & objective reality... Maybe there's more going on than my opening statement guesses at?
You could even read it (per Jung) as signs of humanity's collective unconscious having some kind of psychotic break...
A lot of room for theories, not much to pin it on.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
a reply to: Saturnschild

I do think as we become more connected through technology and social media, we are in danger of developing a hive mind? Especially when media is used to support and justify a belief. Not used to question and ask way......

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
a reply to: neutronflux

There is a thread on here which springs to life on occasion, where someone remembers that New Zealand was in a different position on a map, from their childhood.

Now as a kiwi (New Zealander) I and others keep going "you are mistaken".

What it was was that in the 1980s risk drew New Zealand out of place to make a better game. They remember THIS map.

What is their reply to this information? Oh its the Mandela effect. Damn that thing even changes plate tectonics

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:21 AM
a reply to: neutronflux

Yeah, I tend to think the internet is already our hive mind & becoming moreso as time goes on. We already upload photos, our 'personalities'... with the VR revolution, it won't be long before this becomes even more of a mental reality. Many troubling ways that could go, haha.
Relevant: Scientists recreate dreams with youtube videos

<< 6  7  8   >>