It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela Effect . vote on what it is

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Bahahaha! I love to see the reactions of people when they experience one of the changes. I remember the first time someone mentioned it and I thought they were joking. When I realized they weren't joking and there was even a name for this weird thing, I was like WHAT? I thought that is impossible! You now the wide eyed wtf look? That was me. LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

yes hahaha.

You should have seen me when mandela died the third time..

I got up and yelled at the TV with a crazy look on my face "no you bleepity beep you're already dead, Stop dying !"
would have been awkward at my gf house and her parents there.. lucky they still were staring at the TV confused.

the second time he died, I was like oh wow I thought he died in jail already.. huh guess I had that wrong. But 3 times?!
It's because I focused so much on the second time and how it was so weird for me to be so wrong for so long that when it happened again there was no way I would forget or brush it under the rug...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It is strange , because my pulse DID change and its scary.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It's always fascinated me. And I'd probably go for some kind of glitch.

You see, I'm open to the idea our minds create our universe. We know so little in the grand scheme of things.

The amount of times I've come across something for the first time ever/in a long time. And then I'll see it everywhere. In unexpected circumstances and it's bizarre. Our minds somehow seem to manifest things independently. Perhaps it's a glitch. And perhaps it's a glitch in our minds more than anything else.

Perhaps you're all just a glitch In my mind............

Ok, but seriously.. I personally don't have any recollection of any cases of the "Mandela Effect" ... but it certainly interests me.
edit on 18-7-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PushPullDestroy

I don't know why but I do know how. Cern like Google has a DWAVE quantum computer.

www.dwavesys.com...

Rather than store information as 0s or 1s as conventional computers do, a quantum computer uses qubits – which can be a 1 or a 0 or both at the same time. This “quantum superposition”, along with the quantum effects of entanglement and quantum tunnelling, enable quantum computers to consider and manipulate all combinations of bits simultaneously, making quantum computation powerful and fast.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Your quote:
Your subconscious mind, filling in the blanks... use Kitkat as an example.. on a normal day, who the # is going to notice the dash, or not? You're walking into heb with the subconscious belief that it is Kit-kat of corse you are not walking through the store thinking about kit-kat, you aren't even going to buy one this time... so your mind will fill in blanks that you are not paying attention to with what you believe cold heartedly it is.

My response:
But what about songs that you have sung a million times that the lyrics have changed on you. I love Prince and now the lyrics to Lets Go Crazy have changed on me. I rembember " Dearly beloved, we have gathered together to CELEBRATE this thing called life." Now it says "To GET THRU this thing called life." I sang this song a million times and to have it changed on me was WEIRD.

edit on 18-7-2016 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2016 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: summerbreeze.ddp

actually people like me do go to the store just for a kit-kat and do get confused at the dash being missing.. It wasn't a long dash more square in shape than elongated.

candy bars were a big deal to me growing up poor. I obsessed over them.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

erm its mistaken memory syndrome,
i thought Sex in the City should have been called Sex in the City and that's why i remembered it that way.
etc etc.....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

In some cases yes, but in every single case? No!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah right, everyone misremembers things the same way? You're just counting the ones that do! The only reason you are hearing about a bunch of people misremembering the same things is because the internet has gone crazy and drawn a bunch of people's attention to the same idea.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

At this stage, I am not even bothered to try convincing you or to change how u feel towards what I'm experiencing. I'm not anymore looking for proof.

Our position in the Milky Way, The North Pole, Stars viewed from Earth, And Human anatomy changes are enough evidence for me.

How can you understand how it feels to put your fingers where you used to to feel your pulse and there is nothing :S

You look online and you find its now in another location, which btw didnt try yet, i'm too scared to find its up there.

Apart from all my life knowing where to check for pulse, years ago i did a software for hearth sensor bluetooth app , so pulse checking were the rule for days etc, also where i put the sensor in my arm since it was very faint (at the beginning i had a faint arduino kit), had to be exactly on the pulse.

What difference does a lot of people believing this or not makes at this stage ?

edit on 18-7-2016 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: freedom7

erm its mistaken memory syndrome,
i thought Sex in the City should have been called Sex in the City and that's why i remembered it that way.
etc etc.....

I noticed this change before I learned of and researched the Mandel effect.
I have never watched the show, the name repulsed me and I remembered the name because of that every time I saw previews. The one day bang it was different and I asked my buddy what happened, it was Sex IN blah blah he didn't know what I was talking about.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

see as far as remembering things that other people don't, its because the thing that happened didn't mean that much to the other person, for example "remember that time i put a bet on and won a lot of money" erm No!
Its like saying you remember every day of your life.....
here's a test, whats the most vivid memory you have from years ago, think about it............. can you tell me what you did the day before that memory.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

this is not something I came to from "the internet"

I've noticed it for a good portion of my life.
even my own life has changed.

My post history from an old account will show you I've talked about this long before anyone else was having shared changes.

What got me to the mandela effect was searching for Jupiter Rising. which led me to a Mandela effect thread.

by the way I just messaged my mom.. She is now freaked out over depends vs depend.. WE used to buy them all the time for her mom and her grandmother..

It's crazy not everyone is seeing this..

MY mom was insistent on Interview with A vampire as well...
shes like it's not "the" it's "a"
nope it's not anymore..

then shes like oh you're not joking about this.. THis is real?? wait what is going on ?

edit on 18-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What if Elon Musk is correct and we live in a simulation?

Here's a thought I had at work one day. I was using Outlook Calendar to schedule volunteers and had to change some of the recurrences. I got some to work out correctly, but had a few come up with the message that it conflicted with an earlier recurrence. I finally got tired of trying to fix the problem, said the hell with it, and just hit enter.

And changed that particular schedule for as long as I had been using the calendar, not just the upcoming weeks that were originally going to be changed.

Things that make you say hmmm......

I don't know what the Mandela Effect is. Faulty memory definitely is a factor, but not in all cases. Psy Op? Gaslighting? Dunno. Could be that too.

But I do know that I sure don't remember DEPEND underwear, it was DEPENDS. And I do know that I have seen news reports about celebrities who died more than once, and years apart.

edit on 7/18/2016 by Cheddarhead because: clarification

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

froot isnt even a word, this is why we remember it as being fruit............because froot doesn't make sense to our rational mind. so we remember it as fruit.
same with sex and the city and the fact that Shaq is a basketball player and should never have been a genie..........
but there's no telling some people, there's even a name for what you's are talking about it is called false memory syndrome and it is quite fookin common.

please have a read on wiki,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think a big peice of the puzzle that is the "Mandela effect" is Einsteins "spooky action at a distance",

www.technologyreview.com...

It involves a pair of particles linked by the strange quantum property of entanglement (a word coined much later). Entanglement occurs when two particles are so deeply linked that they share the same existence.

In the language of quantum mechanics, they are described by the same mathematical relation known as a wavefunction. Entanglement arises naturally when two particles are created at the same point and instant in space, for example.

Entangled particles can become widely separated in space. But even so, the mathematics implies that a measurement on one immediately influences the other, regardless of the distance between them.

This would help explain why we are in a different part of the galaxy....

I'm still trying to figure it out, I know this is vague, but I really feel like quantum entanglement has something to do with this...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Please watch.

I believe we have found another piece of the puzzle.

He very blatantly describes how we have now the ability to tap into parallel universes and pull resources from them.

Slowly but surely reality is changing all around us.

Eventually it'll become undeniable for even the most dedicated naysayers.........
edit on 19-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

this is not something I came to from "the internet"

I've noticed it for a good portion of my life.
even my own life has changed.

My post history from an old account will show you I've talked about this long before anyone else was having shared changes.

What got me to the mandela effect was searching for Jupiter Rising. which led me to a Mandela effect thread.

by the way I just messaged my mom.. She is now freaked out over depends vs depend.. WE used to buy them all the time for her mom and her grandmother..

It's crazy not everyone is seeing this..

MY mom was insistent on Interview with A vampire as well...
shes like it's not "the" it's "a"
nope it's not anymore..

then shes like oh you're not joking about this.. THis is real?? wait what is going on ?

Regarding Jupiter Rising - I could have sworn, back before the movie aired in cinemas, that it was Jupiter Rising. I remember looking for it online for more information because I wanted to see it. Long after it aired I looked for it to stream.. and discovered it was in fact, Ascending. Back then I recall thinking to myself, "I thought it was Rising. Weird."

While it is true that rising and ascending essentially mean the same thing, they are totally different words to pronounce.

Now, going back to other common examples that are popping up:

The "Depends" one. Is it possible people are getting confused with the joke, "What does a (insert old age) lady's vagina taste like? Depend/s/ as in plural? I mean, you're not gonna answer that joke with "depend". It just doesn't sound right.
Or consider this sentence: "I need to go down the shop to get my mother some depends." So it is possible, that the brand name has always been "Depend", as in "Depend on this to catch those leaks".

Same with Fruit/froot Loops. See, I'm not entirely sure about this either. When talking about "fruit loops", we think "fruit" because froot isn't an actual word. I used to love the stuff as a kid but my mother didn't buy it often.

Interview with a Vampire and Sex in the City: I'm certain it's always been Interview with THE Vampire, and Sex AND THE City. It's just a matter of how people say it in real life, hence them thinking that way.

The two I can't really explain is Mandela himself, and "Magic mirror on the wall." IT'S NEVER BEEN MAGIC. I ate Disney up when I was little. The one line that always stood out for me when thinking of or talking about Snow White, is MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL. The Disney version of Snow White is the ONLY adaptation I ever saw. I never read the book it was based on, or anything else, where the original line is "Mirror, Mirror on the wall."

Verdict: It's one giant clusterf---.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join