It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela Effect . vote on what it is

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

edit on 16-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

NM

FRUit looks so wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I'm implying your very safety was guarded by someone who had to have perfect memory of lots of data.. If I saw it wrong or wrote it wrong it would be worthless..

Sorry, you lost me here......

my memory is great.
it's because I don't go through life subconsciously..

you didn't comment on any of the pictures.
any of them look wrong to you?
which?

Fruit loops is wrong, it's always been Froot Loops.
I'm not American so the Chic Fil and JcPenny I've never seen in my life.
I am useless with car logos.

I have to go to work be back in like 12 hours.
don't make this thread about me.

LOL Roger that!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I go back and forth on the ME...there is a lot that trips me out and makes me feel like it's true. I never heard about the Looney Tunes vs Toons until today. I have been cruising ATS for a while and never posted because I'm lazy and I usually end up seeing someone make the point I would make. But today is the day and I feel the need (hopefully i do this right). Seems that quite a few are pretty convinced that it was "Toons" in the past and I want to rationalize folks out if it and if there is a case to be made confirming the ME this should maybe be thrown out and here is why:

Per Wikipedia regarding Looney ""Tunes"" & Merrie ""Melodies"" (Terms that refer to music):

History
In the beginning, Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies drew their storylines from Warner's vast music library. From 1934 to 1943, Merrie Melodies were produced in color and Looney Tunes in black and white. After 1943, both series were produced in color and became virtually indistinguishable, varying only in their opening theme music and titles. Both series made use of the various Warner Bros. cartoon characters. By 1937, the theme music for Looney Tunes was "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" by Cliff Friend and Dave Franklin, and the theme music for Merrie Melodies was an adaptation of "Merrily We Roll Along" by Charles Tobias, Murray Mencher and Eddie Cantor.

These cartoons were originally set to music and the characters didn't talk in the very early stuff hence the way they named both series using music language in their titles...and I'm pretty sure we all know Merrie Melodies was always Merrie Melodies, I'm 99.9% certain it has always been Looney "Tunes". I did immediately feel like it was always "Toons" as well but when reminded of Merrie Melodies and applied the logic...the image of the word "Toons" now feels wrong and "Tunes" just looks right.

It almost feels like my mind re-wrote it's memories after coming to an understanding...memory is definitely malleable and this "Tunes" business now puts all of my ME feelings and memories that I'm certain are real under threat.

I'm really digging the CERN universe destruction theory though. Hey whatever happened to that Flash Forward show? It eerily disappeared and kind of tied to this subject matter. Perhaps too in-line with reality??

Q

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

a reply to: nOraKat

People who have less focus.. their memories DID change with history..
Like waking up from a dream...

Someone above was asking what Bond 1 meant in the sign over Mandela the guy at CERN is holding.

A video I was watching said the first James Bond 007 was named Nelson..

Making the man at CERN holding signs saying Nelson Mandela.

havn't looked into that.

This is no joke it's really happening.
the only surprise is how few people notice. That's the weird part.

Take a look at this page. The illustrations the likeness of John Dee is the same as Saturn, Kronos, Father Time.
www.sirbacon.org...
A Bond for All the Ages :

Sir Francis Bacon and John Dee : the Original 007

John Dee(1527-1608) was a fascinating genius, considered a magus, philosopher and alchemist who captured the attention of the royal courts and best minds throughout Europe. You were either intimidated by his ideas and reputation or you wished to be influenced by them. It has only been in the last century that we've had a more sober approach to Dee, thanks to such authors as Peter French, Francis Yates, Gerald Shuster and Richard Deacon who have rescued this "man of grand design" from obscurity and have realized how significant a thinker he was.

Could also be related to the number of the experiment or material of it.
Cern
bondlab-qa.web.cern.ch...

DSF Bond Lab - Work Request Form

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
a reply to: Reverbs

It makes sense that it would be Looney Tunes, as with Merry Melodies and Silly Symphonies, Looney Tunes initially showcased Warner-owned musical compositions. It would not make sense for the title to be called Looney Toons when the others contain musical reference.

It was like this which is the baby ones

nowthatsnifty.blogspot.com...

i have noticed the changes often include the correct name in the headlines like this sell at Target and in newspapers, catalogs etc. yet changes below.

edit on 16-7-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

It makes sense that it would be Looney Tunes, as with Merry Melodies and Silly Symphonies, Looney Tunes initially showcased Warner-owned musical compositions. It would not make sense for the title to be called Looney Toons when the others contain musical reference.

It was like this which is the baby ones

nowthatsnifty.blogspot.com...

i have noticed the changes often include the correct name in the headlines like this sell at Target and in newspapers, catalogs etc. yet changes below.

CBS had it right

By REBECCA KAPLAN CBS NEWS February 10, 2014, 11:44 AM
Hillary Clinton: Monica Lewinsky a “narcissistic loony toon”

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Original CERN video w guy holding "Mandela" sign. The guy is at 2:31

I have to say this is really weird.

First the video is just weird. A strange PR video by CERN I suppose but definitely some CERN PR video.

Then this guy - apparently at CERN (unless they edited him in) holding up a Mandela sign.

Very strange indeed. Could these nerds be making a mess of reality?

Maybe it is a joke he is playing knowing the rumors running around the net..

edit on 16-7-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

First the video is just weird. A strange PR video by CERN I suppose but definitely some CERN PR video.

Then this guy - apparently at CERN (unless they edited him in) holding up a Mandela sign.

Yeah that's interesting. He's holding two signs Bond #1 and Mandela. I wonder what that's about?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow! The comments on that link are veerry interesting....

They seem on top of it.

ATS there is something going on at CERN.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Yeah that's interesting. He's holding two signs Bond #1 and Mandela. I wonder what that's about?

Please read up on Dee here look at his signature and see who he was. John Dee(1527-1608) his life was driven by talking to other world beings.

Dee signed his letters with two circles symbolising his own two eyes and indicating that he was the secret eyes of the Queen.The two circles are guarded by what may be considered a square root sign or an elongated seven. For Dee, seven was a sacred cabbalistic and lucky number.(Richard Deacon)

www.sirbacon.org...

Ian Fleming modeled his 007 James Bond character on, the first and perhaps the best secret agent of the crown, Dr.John Dee.
John Dee(1527-1608) was a fascinating genius, considered a magus, philosopher and alchemist who captured the attention of the royal courts and best minds throughout Europe. You were either intimidated by his ideas and reputation or you wished to be influenced by them.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

a reply to: PushPullDestroy

THe thing about people who remembered it right all along... It's because history changed.. So of course most people would remember it as being the same as always.

It's such a slippery thing to hold onto..

because you are literally remembering stuff that never happened on this time line..

this guy is hitting on a lot of the ones I've noticed including the joking about depends one.. That's the main one even though it's not what I would call the biggest..

It's the main one 100% I remember for sure because of the many hours of joking about it.
have to bring it up to my mom next time I see her.

In my research (granted, I haven't been at it for very long) I am finding that a lot of people are jumping the gun before looking into things beforehand.

One example is Queen's we are the champions. People are saying that "of the world" at the end of the song cut out of the song when in fact they only used it when they played live. The only other time it was used was in that movie the Mighty Ducks, which is where I think people are getting mixed up.

There are a lot of cases where misspellings are also considered ME.

I can't comment on the Berenstain Bear thing cause I had never heard of it before.

My point here is that there are too many people making claims and there aren't as many legit ME cases as one might think. This is creating a major discredit to the theory. Much of it is easily debunked.

However, I can't dispute the Snow White example. "Mirror, mirror on the wall." Stands out in my mind. The Disney adaptation of the Snow White story is the only one I knew when I grew up.

I also cant dispute Mandela and various other cases of celebrities dying multiple times.

Today I came across the Mama's and the Papa's California dreamin'. I listened to two versions. Now, growing up my parents blasted that song many times that I know the lyrics off by heart.. Or did I? Because this line:
Well I got down on my knees
And I began to pray

Suddenly became:
Well I got down on my knees
And I pretend/ed to pray

I had never heard "pretend" before. It actually sounds different. What I'm curious about is if I would be able to pick it up prior to reading about it being a potential Mandela effect?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

F. A bunch of fools with bad memories.

----

If you were in an alternate timeline, why would you have anything from another timeline in it / have things from two timelines as others have illustrated? Wouldn't you have things from only one timeline?

My thoughts exactly.
Wait.....where's New Zealand again?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: freedom7

F. Proof reality can be altered. How or why is beyond me.

Lol. proof how exactly??? You realise just saying it doesn't make it real, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this had me thinking a lot.

geez I also can't find any pulse where i used to check.
I hope there a lot like me because its hard to take this memory from me.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

I hear ya, and I won't dispute it. I suppose we all have different ways of seeing and thinking about things.

Why is it always silly, inconsequential things? Logo's and quotes...

I'd like to go to my mother tomorrw and say - "Hey, mother...remember that time when I was 14 and got drunk, and got 'rrested for fighting and you had to come to the police station, slapped me around on the way home and grounded me for like a month? Remember? It ruined christmad!" and she be like "Son, that never happened!"

And I'd be all...whoooa!

I've actually had some things like that happen. Some major events, we remember the same (personal and otherwise). There have been a couple that she insists never took place. Similar to what you said above, that you would think would stick with a person. The same thing with my husband.

Also, I have terrible deja vu. Mostly, very vivid dreams that later take place in reality--almost like a rerun. I don't recall having this until my mid-twenties.

I also recall having a really terrible vivid nightmare where I was having this terrible argument with my husband, only to have this really violent car crash followed by a disturbingly convincing death.

It was so real, that for some time after it, I vaguely wondered if I hadn't died and woken up in some sort of alternate place. Silly enough to dismiss it as a result of reading way too much PKD and watching too much Sci-Fi in my time.
Not to mention how much I enjoyed Vonnegut's Timequake.

Then I've had people come up and swear they know me. Not just "don't I know you from somewhere" but come up and start talking like they know me, know me. Or swear I work somewhere that I don't and they see me all the time.

Generally, I tend to think that A) I've got a lively imagination and an equally lively dream life. B) A very plain face that's easily mistaken for any number of other women out there, easily remembered as someone else only as a result of being easily forgotten. Which, is both a good and bad thing, I guess. Good because I like anonymity. Bad, because every once in a while it would be nice to feel a little more unique.

But there are those days, when I can't help wondering....what if reality is a lot weirder than anything we can imagine?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
this had me thinking a lot.

geez I also can't find any pulse where i used to check.
I hope there a lot like me because its hard to take this memory from me.

I can say for sure my pulse has not moved at all.

I have never heard that you you feel in the middle of your wrist for your pulse, it has always been on the side by the radial as they call it.

I know this one for sure because I am hyper aware of my heartbeat and pulse. I used to check my pulse obsessively and it would cause me bad anxiety and panic attacks. For ten years I thought I was dying ans could not stop thinking about my heart.

This is a mandela effect I have never experienced. Now I know how the naysayers feel lol!
edit on 17-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

But there are those days, when I can't help wondering....what if reality is a lot weirder than anything we can imagine?

It most probably is! Does that mean ME is anything other than complete BS. No, it most definitely doesn't!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

It most probably is! Does that mean ME is anything other than complete BS. No, it most definitely doesn't!

I guess my point is simply that, whether it is or isn't BS, it doesn't matter. We're here until we're not, one way or the other. Popping in and out of shifting realities or not.

It's certainly not something I'd argue about and it's understandable that some people want to poke around/explore possible explanations for peculiar experiences in a "what if" or "isn't that weird" sort of way.

Definitely not worth obsessing over, but it does make a diverting read on Reddit, ATS, or killing a few minutes on YouTube (which could probably be accurately renamed WooTube in some instances).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join